Sign in to follow this  
FIN-Nixo

V.I.R.U.S. What happened?

Hello all. I just wanted to ask if anybody know what happened to VIRUS mod. The last posted reply on the VIRUS topic was last year. It has been a VERY long time and we have heard nothing from them. I even did send a message to Sled22 a couple of days ago. But he has not answered. I requested the permission to release his navy seals and the weapons as a separate addon. Since alot of people has requested the Xm8.

anybody think that i could upload it without the permission of sled. I know that it is his work, but since there has been no updates on VIRUS mod for a couple of months, sled22 is not replying to any messages, and the VIRUS topic is as good as dead. confused_o.gif

hmm, maybe they are in a CRYSIS? icon_rolleyes.gif

QuietMan

Yes, maybe. But all their sites are down too. Except the official forums. And it is allmost dead too. V.I.R.U.S. 1.20 was released a long time ago and it still requires ArmA v.1.05. Wich is a bit outdated. huh.gif

Well, What do YOU think i should do? just release the Weapons and Units, Without the permission of sled22. Since he has not answered, and VIRUS is as good as dead? Or should i just wait untill they answere. IF they answere

release it! if the guys dosent reply or anything in that matter, then you have done anything in your power band.gifhelp.gif

Why dont you just read this sticky topic:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=71165

And act like whats being said in there wink_o.gif

[edit]

He waitied days, I doubt thats even close to enough...........so no he should NOT release it yet.

A bit more respect to peoples work would be in place dont you think? Even when we think he/she left the community.

hmm, maybe they are in a CRYSIS? icon_rolleyes.gif

QuietMan

By the sounds of this post, they've moved onto modding for Crysis.

My guess is that they won't care about their ArmA assets anymore.

How they could leave ArmA for this Crysis, shit. I never liked him, now I am sure for that.

So f*** it and release it, that's all what I have to say...

[edit]

He waitied days, I doubt thats even close to enough...........so no he should NOT release it yet.

A bit more respect to peoples work would be in place dont you think? Even when we think he/she left the community.

I wasn't saying he should release it right away, I was merely stating my personal opinion that they probably will not care about their ArmA assets any more.

No people, the last things from sled that i know is, that he now has no time for ArmA. Another hobbys like making music and so. wink_o.gif

When i see him online again, i ask whats happened.

[edit]

I wasn't saying he should release it right away, I was merely stating my personal opinion that they probably will not care about their ArmA assets any more.

Ok smile_o.gif

But than still, we never know if they really don't care so people should do everything (at least whats said/discussed in the linked topic) they can to contact the owner.

@Imutep

I already figured he went into music a while ago.........seeing all of a sudden we were hosting a music band website  xmas_o.gif

How they could leave ArmA for this Crysis, shit. I never liked him, now I am sure for that.

So f*** it and release it, that's all what I have to say...

uuh, I said "maybe", just speculation

if the webside is down it looks more like the music virus wink_o.gif

QuietMan

After reading all comments, I have decided that i will wait 1-2 weeks then i will contact placebo and ask what he thinks about it. If Sled22 has not answered by then i mean. And if i get permission i will release it. And of course all the credits go to sled22.

Maybe its time for a little statement... We are not working on anything... Who came on this idea we are working on a crysis mod?:confused: We dont... I just read some post down here... A while ago i logged in here... Time is spare to create something new... Maybe I will maybe not... I got a lot of question where to download the V.I.R.U.S - Mod... I am not sure if its a good idea maybe to create a expasion that continues the story... Even if it was planned because the story let some questions open at the end... So tell me folks... Would it be nice to see us continues??? Is there any intress without saying Sled you are a fool... I mean the old OFPC-stuff... Nearly 3 years gone since i released V.I.R.U.S.... Think of it!

Lovely Regeards!

Sled

Would it be nice to see us continue???

Yes,of course.:D

Mhhhh only 2 men... like I already said... The mod would probably come for arma2 WHEN i know the new things about arma2... i would like to see an expansion for arma1... but i see that no one cares about arma1 anyway... its your decision folks... i`ll wait another week to see how many people say "yes, would be great" or something like that...

Regards

it would be nice to see another release for arma 1 but as you said there are few people still playing arma 1, but you might just finish and release some of the stuff you already made for arma 1, and as it is not much of a hassle to port it over to arma 2 this way you can have a release for both arma 1 and 2 and you can start focusing on making new content for arma 2.

Some of us use CAA with Arma1 and still enjoy Sarahni.

If nothing else the winter textures you guys created for South Sarahni were great.

Thank you for the effort you put into your projects and the Arma community, should you decide to stop, it will be a poorer community for it.

BA

V.I.R.U.S. is a total conversion modification for Armed Assaut... Released in 2007... Awarded by the PC-Action and PC-Games... A little report or better test you can see here:

Mission Database German:

http://www.armamdb.de/phpkit/include.php?path=comment/comment.php&comcat=cont&subid=961

And I think there is a test in english too...

Well wont discuss about what game the expansion should be released, if arma1 or arma2... Just want be sure, if i create another mod it will be awaited by some people... I need a a GO from you! The effort shouldn't be for nothing....

Regards

Edited by Sled88

I need a a GO from you!

You already have our go,there is not so many of us reading A1 forums anymore.Maybe you should post in A2 forums also?

The afford shouldn't be for nothing....

Sorry,but it's "effort".Afford means "do i have enough money to buy that thing".:D

Sry typo. OK... will do it... I will open a new thread now... But it wont be a V.I.R.U.S. expansion that is for sure mates... @mods: could you please close this thread if possible cause i am not the thread-starter?

New thread in the Arma2 addon and mod discussion!

Edited by Sled88