Sign in to follow this  
UnYx

Over-saturated display => dazzled or blind

I meet a bug I had forgotten since OFP time but that appeared after I reinstalled my OS:

The light is far too powerful making the image limit white when you're over water wow_o.gif .

Tuning brilliance and gamma don't fix it (with brilliance at minimum and very low gamma you see an image but any little shadow turns then to full night!!! ).

I tried tuning my ATI catalyst parameters => no effect

Tried 3 versions of drivers => no effect

May be the error I did is to have saved my Arma folder and relaunched it once without a clean install? <=> the registry lacked the serial and I got an error msg.

But since I reinstalled Arma twice without any improvement...

Of course I got a fully standard Arma copy (I even got two: I couldn't wait any more so I bought the German then the French one). When I had met it with OFP, the serial was also fully clean ... but I can't remember how it got it fixed at this time.

Last point : my rig is today a totally different one from the one I had at OFP time and at first install (since I got Arma indeed) I had absolutely not met this issue huh.gif

If useful:

Core2 6750

ATI X1950XTX

2GB DDR2-800

no overclock.

HELP welcome.gif

I found what generated the problem : it appears as soon as I activate the pistols.gif "Alternate Pixel Center" feature in my Graphics driver!

Hope this helps some wink_o.gif

Screenshots with & without bug (with a radeon 4850 now):

arma_BUG.jpg

arma_OK.jpg