Sign in to follow this  
Bebul

ArmA 1.14 Linux Dedicated Server Public

I've tried several different missions and all of them have halted at the same place "Reading mission ..." so far.

I've tried several different missions and all of them have halted at the same place "Reading mission ..." so far.

how did you go about installing the server from the beginning?. old working 1.08 that you upgraded to 1.14 or new install?

how did you go about installing the server from the beginning?. old working 1.08 that you upgraded to 1.14 or new install?

I did a completely fresh install to my PC first with ArmA, Queen's Cambit and then applied the 1.14 patch. Immediately after this I copied all files to the linux server from ArmA directory, I renamed it to smallcase "arma" as was instructed in the linux dedicated server package, so it was then located in /home/myusername/arma . I unpacked the linux dedicated server package there and ran the ./install, then created the config files according to the instructions in BI wiki.

@=JpS=SgtRock: I don't have any mods installed on the server. Currently I'm using FDF_Sounds on the client but this problem was the same even when I am not using any mods/addons on the client.

@whisper: I have iptables active and the correct ports are opened.

it happens with any mission or just a selected few?

@=JpS=SgtRock, the tolower script/code-snippet just makes all filenames lowercase. since linux differs upper and lowercase. while windows doesnt. so without running tolower it can get quite quirky.

I know that Linux differs upper- and lower- case for filenames. My mistake was in not realizing that his log output was showing internal variable names, not filenames. smile_o.gif

As it is, I must admit that I'm puzzled as well. I'm inclined to think at this point that osmokov may have a messed up 1.08 to 1.14 upgrade. If I'm right, it'll be difficult to clean up. However, there is this comment that leads me to wonder if he's actually run the right script to solve the problem:

Quote[/b] ]I ran the ./install script which came with the dedicated server. Weird thing was that the script says that it's 1.08, but I guess that's just a mistake in the script. I ran it again and it says this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmA Linux Dedicated Server 1.08

Converting ArmA directory:

1 file-names were converted

ArmA server was installed.

Even though I run it again and again, it says the same thing now every time "1 file-names were converted". In the beginning there were more file names naturally.

osmokov, the ./tolower script must be run from the command line as a separate step /after/ the ./install script is run. It calls tolower.c that actually performs the necessary magic. Have you run that script?

osmokov, the ./tolower script must be run from the command line as a separate step /after/ the ./install script is run. It calls tolower.c that actually performs the necessary magic. Have you run that script?

I just re-downloaded the dedicated server package that is in the first post and re-checked it. The mistake of version number is actually by BI, they have left 1.08 there. Here's what is inside install-script that is included with the Dedicated Server 1.14 package:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#!/bin/bash

echo ""

echo "ArmA Linux Dedicated Server 1.08"

echo "Converting ArmA directory:"

gcc -O -o tolower tolower.c

./tolower

chmod +w *

rm -f *.exe *.chm *.dll tolower.o

echo "ArmA server was installed."

exit 0

The install script seems to run the tolower script when it's started. According to the readme.txt provided with the dedicated server package, it's not needed to separatedly run the tolower script.

I tried it on a fresh install which I'm now doing just to test everything, and result was this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmA Linux Dedicated Server 1.08

Converting ArmA directory:

56 file-names were converted

ArmA server was installed.

I looked at the directory and file names under it and I can't see any capital letters anywhere after I ran the script. Everything seems to work as it should. I'm now going to try to run the server from this another fresh install and see if the result is same.

OK. They must have updated the script since the 1.12 beta then, as I had to run it separately from the commmand line to get it to work.

One other thought just occurred to me, and I honestly don't know if this is important or not. Have you considered doing a fresh install /without/ QG, then updating? My working setup doesn't have QG in it. I don't know if that's a significant factor or not. Worth taking a look at, though.

I've deleted the whole arma directory from my linux server and copied the files again from my PC installation. I ran the ./install script and created config files again. The problem still continues:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Item STR_03s01 listed twice

Item STR_LIB_HILUX listed twice

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/

21:19:58 Dedicated host created.

21:19:58 BattlEye Server: Initialized

21:19:58 Host identity created.

ArmA Console version 1.14 : port 2302 - Sockets

NAT Negotiation completed

21:21:04 Osmo uses modified data file - CA;FDF_Sounds

21:21:04 Player Osmo connecting.

21:21:08 Player Osmo connected (id=xxxxxxxxx).

MPMissions\mp22_coop_6.porto: string @STR_Mission_Name cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

MPMissions\mp21_c&h_60.porto: string @STR_MP_M21n01 cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

21:21:30 Admin Osmo logged in.

MPMissions\mp22_coop_6.porto: string @STR_Mission_Name cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

MPMissions\mp21_c&h_60.porto: string @STR_MP_M21n01 cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

21:21:33 Mission 01: Clean Sweep (Coop 6) read from bank.

21:21:36 Roles assigned.

21:21:36 Reading mission ...

It just doesn't continue from that. I've tried with different missions, with -mod=dbe1 on server and without it, with battleye and without battleye, connected with a client with mods and without mods, etc. Nothing seems to make difference, the server just always halts when it's supposed to load the mission.

I'm experiencing the same problem as osmokv.

I'm using Debian 4.0r3 Etch linux.

The installation went fine, the tolower worked, all the files got converted (no upper-case letters).

When I started the server I got the same messages and the dedicated server stoped at "Reading mission..." and used all the resources that the processor allowed to. ArmA said "Wait for server" and nothing happened after that. confused_o.gif

I don't use any mods, extra addons, tried using a config created accordingly to the BI wiki and tried the default. I had the same issue with every misson and every configuration.

Is it a major bug, or it's a compatibility problem with Debian based linuxes? huh.gif

Is it a major bug, or it's a compatibility problem with Debian based linuxes?  huh.gif

I'm using Ubuntu 6.06.2 LTS (Dapper Drake), and I'm not having any problems with the dedicated server.

So it's not a generic Debian based issue.

Have small problem with this one, (ver1.08 was working almost perfect), anyway, working on Debian Etch,

server starts and except a couple of class updates and info that one of the addones is listed twice everything looks OK. But...

after login to it in game all I have is "wait for server"

chat window works... so i can do #login adminpass

and than #missions

and from that point it runs the missions without problems, but somehow it does not display mission selection screen right after login to server... (tried different clients already, and it is still the same) where to look for error? and yes I did already got clean ARMA install and server 1.14 (in fact tried that twice, since first time i thought that 1.08 did not liked to be upgraded...) but it always does the same...

.....help...?

and from that point it runs the missions without problems, but somehow it <span style='color:red'>does not display mission selection screen right after login to server</span>... (tried different clients already, and it is still the same) where to look for error? and yes I did already got clean ARMA install and server 1.14 (in fact tried that twice, since first time i thought that 1.08 did not liked to be upgraded...) but it always does the same...

.....help...?

Have this in your "server.cfg" (Whatever file you load with the -config=... directive):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">voteMissionPlayers=1;

That'll make the mission selection screen appear after you've connected.

and from that point it runs the missions without problems, but somehow it <span style='color:red'>does not display mission selection screen right after login to server</span>... (tried different clients already, and it is still the same) where to look for error? and yes I did already got clean ARMA install and server 1.14 (in fact tried that twice, since first time i thought that 1.08 did not liked to be upgraded...) but it always does the same...

.....help...?

Have this in your "server.cfg" (Whatever file you load with the -config=... directive):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">voteMissionPlayers=1;

That'll make the mission selection screen appear after you've connected.

found the problem,

and thanks to Killswitch (/me bows in his direction)

however it was not the:

part, but.... part of server.cfg

that refers to "mission cycle" had old misions in it, so im guessing that server could not find missions and did not have anything to display, "//" these lines or deleting `em fixed the behavior.

Thanks KillSwitch once again.