Sign in to follow this  
scars

SA-6 Gainful beta

Very nice to see some proper AA instead of the stone age Shilkas and VADS! Looks grand!

Sa-6 was put to service two years after the ZSU-23-4 so its stoneage aswell tounge2.gif

Sa-6 was put to service two years after the ZSU-23-4 so its stoneage aswell tounge2.gif

Hehe. Very true. Been in service for 40 years, but it doesn't take one minute for it to start shooting once it is able to spot the target, doesn't have simple optical guidance that you have trouble hitting a helicopter with, and even less so a jet airplane, and it can actually hit something more than 3km away (although of course, it can't hit anything within 3km instead :P ), contrary to the short ranged and very simple systems that the Shilka and VADS use.

Both have their good and bads, Shilkas can be useable aswell in more than the AA role as proven in Chechnya.

From the pure AA point offcourse a SA-6 is better, if you only have 2 targets at least.

But were moving offtopic so lets not derail the thread too much. smile_o.gif

Can we have a desert cammo texture aswell?

I want to make it if there is time.

but, think that it is difficult now. wink_o.gif

i make f22 too

Love it! Keeps the air in check while the Javelin Crews get their hands dirty.

Good job!

Only thing I would say is perhaps put the rate of fire down. It tends to waste a missile or two as the planes going down in flames...

I inserted Sa-6 in one of my existing missions and I get this:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.3LBSA6'.

Anyone knows what might cause the error?

When starting arma with this addon installed, it says that this addon needs Extended eventhandlers to work.

version 1.0 didnt need..

I inserted Sa-6 in one of my existing missions and I get this:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.3LBSA6'.

Anyone knows what might cause the error?

I've changed class name to 3LB_SA6 as all the classes are now made more ArmA-like.

Simply edit Your mission and swap 3LBSA6 with 3LB_SA6 or double click the unit in editor and reselect it smile_o.gif

When starting arma with this addon installed, it says that this addon needs Extended eventhandlers to work.

version 1.0 didnt need..

I suppose that XEH compatibility is a bigger feature than the disadvantage of the fact addon needs it to work  wink_o.gif  now You can safely mix it with popular addons such as MattH ArmA Effects or even SLX Mod and gain the advantage of their special effects. XEH does not pain more than any other addon. Especially when the addon you're using is not signed.

Is it even possible in Arma to have one commander/radar vehicle for the AA squad? Would be nice to have a commander/radar that can detect air threats, lets say at 4-5 km away, and tell each Sa-6 in the squad to attack different targets. Kind of like a commander in the regular human squad. This way we can avoid all the Sa-6 in the squad firing 2 missiles at the first aircraft they see. Is it even possible to script?

I think COC did something like it or someone else,

or maby RKSL is doing it now...I KNOW someone

did oe is doing it now thats for sure...

I think it is RKSL...Ill check their page

YUPP: RKSL is doing it...

Scripted Systems

"

- JTIDS – Joint Tactical Information Distribution (Designation) System – Target Sharing and situational displays.

- Fire Control on air defence systems – AI ability to engage multiple targets at once and assign assets to threats.

/"

MORE: Fire Control

MIM-23-HAWK

Is it even possible in Arma to have one commander/radar vehicle for the AA squad? Would be nice to have a commander/radar that can detect air threats, lets say at 4-5 km away, and tell each Sa-6 in the squad to attack different targets. Kind of like a commander in the regular human squad. This way we can avoid all the Sa-6 in the squad firing 2 missiles at the first aircraft they see. Is it even possible to script?

Check out the latest Mando Missle Pack. I believe one of the scripts can set up forward radar detection sites that can be combined with missles, Shilkas, etc. for AA capabilities. Now there isn't any modeled command vehicles released yet, but I believe the script can be applied to a substitute vehicle.

I must warn you that I could be entirely wrong about this and just got confused about the complete capabilities of Mando Missle Suite. I've only scratched the surface when it comes to fully understanding the Suite's functions and implementing it into missions.

Regardless, if you haven't checked out the newest Mando Missles Suite I highly suggest you do so. It's truly amazing how much it adds to ArmA's AA, AT, AG capabilities. Plus, it's very simple to implement. I had never really tried to work with scripts and mission making until I tried it and I've had no real trouble learning the ropes.

It's at least worth a try to tinker with it, regardles of mission making experience.

Thanks guys for the info, now I know where to dig!

Since introduction of 1.14 patch, this addon keeps asking for even handlers. What is it?

PM a moderator. they have his sign up address. Thats how i got in touch with scars the last time i needed too.