Sign in to follow this  
scars

SA-6 Gainful beta

Looks great

Do you have plans to make radar vehicle too? So if actualy becomes a system capable of launching missiles.

straightflush01.jpgthumbs-up.gif

I got the same error as Wipman....Looked all over the Cfg...wierd error...also getting an error with RHS HIND since 1.12...No class Burst revert to displayname or something like that....Seems new patches have altered something miniscule that is causing all these new error messages...I'll dig into it but it is hard to find so far.

Lamar

Looks good. Your OFp work precedes you so i am sure all the bugs will get fixed once you are out fo the Beta stage..... great addon.... and nice work

I get a "Cannot find vehicle sections thingeh" error too.

Also, turning out causes a CTD on my system.

Hehehe, this is friggin neat as hell... Watching these missiles take off with the SLX mod is super cool, nice thick smoke trails... I just wish the smoke trails could be seen for a longer period of time behind the missile with a little more damage caused to the aircraft it's engaging...

The awesome thing about this addon is the ability to outrun and out-manuever this missile in a fast jet. I was the gunner in the F/18 addon jet and I could see the missile bearing down from behind, WAYY COOL! biggrin_o.gif

Nice to see the man behind the OFP RHS Hinds here, welcome to the Forums Scars.

Great Sa-6, will try it asap when im home, from the looks its really excellent.

yeah, the man who made Su-30 pack, hinds pack, now made a sa-6, i saw scars was making bmd too...

i'll have to see how it looks ingame, but i know that scars has talented hands thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif

If scars read that:

If youre really workign on BMDs i guess its the models from Kenji?

Hello,thanks all

It makes an effort so that bug fix may do early.

The error of config did not go out in my environment. It examines it though it doesn't understand why.

Radar vehicle might be made if there is time.

It is difficult to make Tunguksa etc.

Next, it might be BM-30 if it makes it.

If scars read that:

If youre really workign on BMDs i guess its the models from Kenji?

The texture was put on the model gotten from kenji.

It is incomplete and is OFP addon....

Hello,thanks all

It makes an effort so that  bug fix may do early.

The error of config did not go out in my environment. It examines it though it doesn't understand why.

Radar vehicle might be made if there is time.

It is difficult to make Tunguksa etc.

Next, it might be BM-30 if it makes it.

I get that same error on BIS models that I tried to modify.  It's a very difficult error to track down.  

One of the LoBo members is trying to solve it, but essentially we're making a completely new skeleton.cfg file.  But I suspect that it may have something to do with the model itself.    When we do track down that bug, I will be sure to let you know what it was if it's not too complicated to explain.  

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Guest RKSL-Rock
One of the LoBo members is trying to solve it, but essentially we're making a completely new skeleton.cfg file.  But I suspect that it may have something to do with the model itself.    When we do track down that bug, I will be sure to let you know what it was if it's not too complicated to explain.  

Its an easy fix. Just binarise the missile proxy and it will "go away". I dont know exactly what causes it but its easily fixed.

No kidding? Wow! Once again, your knowledge helps us all out! Thanks for the info! (Running to binarize my stuff...)

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thx for a fantastic work. I was weiting for 1 of thise for a long time. Great joob man. I like whean a adon just show here in a addons & mods complite. Keep up the great work and i hope u will have a time too make a radar too for a sa 6. notworthy.gif

Tried it last night. Well, lots of work is still ahead. Do you plan linking it up to a Straight Flash radar? Is that why this Sa-6 right now can't detect enemy aircraft unless they less than 1 km away? Any other camo patterns coming up later? This one looks like a toy...

Forgot to ask. When it travels on roads in safe mod and in formation, could you please make it lower its missiles into safe position, just like in real life. Sorry for so many questions, just was waiting for proper AA defense in Arma even since the game came out.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9015

I guess this addon is port of that model ? I bet i saw radar verison too (on screenies) will it be released too ?

great addition to the game (especcially if combined with Mando), but model and especially textures look low detailed.  poor shader maps do not make it look like vanila arma models. Are you gonna update it someday ?

All the rockets are fired from one point of the model not proxies. Is it my own bug or arma limitation or smth ?

PS what about that F22 on your site ? wink_o.gif

I was messing around with the values in the config this afternoon after work...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgAmmo

{

class MissileBase;

class 3M9: MissileBase

{

model = "\3lb_sa6\3m9_proxy.p3d";

hit=245;

indirectHit=140;

indirectHitRange=10;

maneuvrability=55;

airLock=true;

laserLock = false;

groundLock = 0;

irLock = true;

cost=10000;

maxSpeed=700;

timetolive = 20;

sideAirFriction = 0.9;

initTime=0.01;

thrust = 250

thrustTime = 8;

};

};

These values seem to produce a nice balance between effectiveness, the look of the missile being fired, and the missile speed. Just thought I'd throw my 0.2 cents in.

Great Addon!

Cheers! biggrin_o.gif

Sorry, it's been a while, what program do you use to open the .pbo file so that I can insert these new values?

thx,Code Sample

The fix is done now.

If possible, it wants to increase the range distance, and to shoot it right

above.

PS what about that F22 on your site ? wink_o.gif

I think that F-22 is completed when shadowvolume, config, and the texture are

added.

wink_o.gif

Sorry, it's been a while, what program do you use to open the .pbo file so that I can insert these new values?

it opens with PboView. you may add a new value.