Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.14

Is there no where you can manually set the delay for loading the different textures? Like an ini file or something?

understand something guys when you play on ladders like ESL or ECL (i dont think there are others YET). You cant change the settings you have to use the official 1.14.

So dont talk about addons cause you are not serious

I could not care less about ladders I play for fun, I think the idea of gaming as a sport to be a bit silly personally. I was wondering about the editing the texture delay because I wouldnt mind playing with it if its possible.

I play soccer as a sport. I just like competitive gameplay i dont see video games as a sport. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

hehe my sports Judo, but I have done a bit of competetive gaming. I have played on clanbase with a good bf1942 clan then bf2 clan. It was enough to put me off serious clans because people get a bit too involved and start ruining the game for everyone. I can see arma being quite different as a clan game though as it has not got the pace of most games I have played as a clan. So I can kind of see the appeal to it. Maybe I will see what arma is like as a competetive game.

But on subject I will play with the view distance and try to find the best combination of distance and texture changing.

My other sport is Muay Thai and used to play serious cs 1.5 and 1.6 but thats something esle... yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Now for the story, you can tweak you single player bot wars but not the offical games? yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I have been seeing complaints about lag and I just wanted to give my input.

We were experiencing lag when playing the new warfare CTI, but then after we enabled verify signatures with no other mods everything went smooth.

I think there might be some client side addons that create lag on servers.

/my 2c

I have been seeing complaints about lag and I just wanted to give my input.

We were experiencing lag when playing the new warfare CTI, but then after we enabled verify signatures with no other mods everything went smooth.

I think there might be some client side addons that create lag on servers.

/my 2c

agree...strange but some of the imcompatible ones can even crash the server..happened to us several times...there connects one guy with all sorts of addons and down goes the server :lol:

thx Bis, for the patch, even with my shitty 3d card, i can play at Arma.

I am really impressed by Arma (after much time adaptation). I'm not addicted to reality in game, so I have no complains for that. tounge2.gif

btw for the others, don't forget that this is the first next gen game made by BIS (a little team), so personally now i think, that they have made a great job, even if Arma has some problems: gameplay, collisions ....

I have only one complaint, please change the robotic voices. tounge2.gif

btw, what is that FOV?

thx Bis, for the patch, even with my shitty 3d card, i can play at Arma.

I am really impressed by Arma (after much time adaptation). I'm not addicted to reality in game, so I have no complains for that.  tounge2.gif

btw for the others, don't forget that this is the first next gen game made by BIS (a little team), so personally now i think, that they have made a great job, even if Arma has some problems: gameplay, collisions ....

I have only one complaint, please change the robotic voices. tounge2.gif

btw, what is that FOV?

This is not a next gen game.ArmA 2 is supposed to be rofl.gif

FOV=Field Of View

Went into armory. Clicked on a unit and game froze. Had to force game to shut down.

When I don't have a filter selected in game types I can see warfare games but they show up as "Unknown". When I choose "Unknown" in the game type filters the warfare games now don't show up.

Shame this is the final patch. Looks like more patches required sad_o.gif

Installed 1.14 last night - where it ran smoothly previously it now lags/jolts. Same with another computer.

Other than that it looks good.

How long until a performance fix?

Ok this is crap, my performance going from 1.12 to 1.14 has dropped by about 20%.

Nice patch.

...what remains unfixed?

I'll start this (presumely long) list with only two points to provide you with inspiration:

<ul>[*]Player cannot command AI to land a chopper without getting out[*]Rearm in multiplayer if multiple players are on the same vehicle does not work. Ammunition counter jumps back and forward

[*]Player can only guess which vehicle in the Mount-menu is the right one to command the AI to mount

right we got some saying performance better and some worse.

for those with worse performance, has u tried defraggin the mf hard disk? and the guy who thinks defrag is a myth dont reply to this go stutter around stuttersville with ur pc

Already defragmented - the performances issue almost appears as if its continuously loading world content (similar to when you first load a mission and move about the intimidate area).

Certainly introduced in the latest patch, run on high graphics, X2 AA with around 50 to 60 FPS on 1.08.

The second computer (different spec - ATI instead of Nvidia) but has the same problem.

The iron sights on the m9 seem to have changed. The front post doesn't line up with the rear notch anymore, and the whole pistol is pointing down, it seems. Can anyone else confirm this?

ok i dont understand then how some ppls can be worse and some ppls better if the hard drive has been defragged along with the swap etc

apart from usual egg sucking stuff like updating any 1920's sound card driver i got nowt to add

Im sorry but my STOCK ARMA NO ADDONS running has never crashed more since this patch. 5-6 time sin a 2 hr stretch. WTF did you guys do. BTW it was all on the new Warfare mission. On several different servers.

Hmm - the sound is very strange as well. Using Soundblaster XFi and headphones with SVM (compression) enabled, the effect is like the old OFP EAX cheat where you can hear people moving a hundred meters away. :-(

Consider that in ArmA a man-sized target 100 meters distant appears about 300 - 600 meters distant and perhaps things won't seem so bad?

Could it be that the targets you think are so far away are in reality only 100 meters distant, which is practically point-blank range with an M16A2?

Just because the FOV has been nerfed, compared to OFP, we don't need the sound engine nerfed, too.

I think you are missing the point. Did I ask for the sound to be nerfed ? No.

I am reporting what would seem to be a problem for small-scale CTF maps though. To give an idea of scale, last night I could sit by the fuel station in the middle of hexenkessel and tell when a west player had come out of spawn and was running up his right-hand channel. I was also able to predict, from sound alone, exactly when he came round the corner. Later, on a different server, I could hear players firing silenced weapons across approximately half the width of the Tandag map. It was actually rather confusing since the volume appeared to be independent of distance.

To an extent, this effect was present in 1.08 - turning on SVM on the xFi gave you powerful hearing since it is designed to reduce the dynamic range of game sounds. Unfortunately in 1.14 the effect is so strong that moving around at all immediately pinpoints your position to anyone around you. As I say, those who played early versions of OFP before the EAX problems were fixed will understand the effect.

I'm not saying this is a problem with the ArmA sounds themselves, just the interaction with Creatives sound-cards.

*Edit* To pre-empt the inevitable reply of 'why don't you turn SVM off them?' the issue is that of playing against people who won't. And please let's not turn this into a 'CTF players are idiots' thread. :-)

Shame this is the final patch. Looks like more patches required sad_o.gif

Final does not mean last.

Great work on the patch.

Experienced a crash to desktop with a "Report to Microsoft-Message" yesterday. I believe, that the server (Evolution V2) crashed for some reason and that this caused all clients to crash as well. huh.gif

right we got some saying performance better and some worse.

for those with worse performance, has u tried defraggin the mf hard disk? and the guy who thinks defrag is a myth dont reply to this go stutter around stuttersville with ur pc

This is my system where my performance seemed much better after the patch.

Core 2 duo 6600

radeon 2900xt

2 gig 800Mhz Ram

Creative XFI Gamer

I installed everything from fresh, arma -> Queens gambit -> 1.14.

And defragged with ultimate defrag later that day.

I've been told. That's all I can say. Don't know wether it's true. I didn't really believe it myself but that other guys seemed certain about it.

Hehe. I we're supposed to believe that you, with your track record here, have a private line to insider info at BI? rofl.gif

Okay. Good to hear. Anyway, keep pointing out bugs/problems which haven't been resolved in seven years or at least since ArmA v1.0.

ArmA was released in 2006? I assume you meant OFP 1.0?

AI doesn't obey HOLD FIRE command when they are in static AA gun

Something that has been happening since 1.09:

Sometimes after a long time (and repeated Alt-Tabbing), there's an apparent CTD. Apparent, because when checking the Task Manager, the arma.exe processus is still on, but there's no way I can get back into the game (it doesn't appear in the list of opened applications).

If I start ArmA without stopping the processus, then there's a major drop in FPS.

Other than that, the performance improvement is more than significant. Great job!

System:

Windows XP Professional

P4 @ 3.2GHz

nVidia 7600GT

3GHz RAM

Why not use the 1.14 feedback thread? I dont see the point of starting a new thread about a topic that has a "stickie".

Well... generall feedback != bug reports i guess.

BIS can update that warfare mission you all like so much without releasing another patch, unfortunetly this thread is already derailed by the "last patch or not" discussion confused_o.gif .

Same here, I experience a lot of problems with 1.14 when alt-tabbing. It takes ages for ArmA to appear back.

Windows XP Home

Duocore 6850

nVidia 8800GT OC2 512MB

2GHz RAM