Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.14

Where do you find the new USMC troops in v1.14 within the mission editor?

Where do you find the new USMC troops in v1.14 within the mission editor?

They are under BLUFOR -> Men (USMC). The woodland units are under BLUFOR -> Men -> the ones ending in (WDL).

Quote[/b] ]Hi, seems that the woodland soldiers don't have blood textures. Let's C ya

Well they match a bunch of addons in Queens Gambit that also dont have them.

Is this a new fad or something?

great patch - very smooth gameplay and the recoils have more 'kick' yet seem snappy and sharp. great - back to playing as i only have played a few minutes.

well done BIS!

biggrin_o.gif

No such luck with the sound. All of my sounds are absent, not just the replaced FDF sounds. Even the UI sounds are inaudible.

High graphics settings, after hours of play, I get many artefacts, text getting blanked, etc...

Disabling post processing to low solved the artifacts issue.

Soon enough though, FPS dropped down to single digit figures.

Switching to low graphics settings solved that.

No amount of FLUSH helped.

C2D E6400, 8800GT, 2G RAM, XP SP2.

+10000 Same problem here.I guess this is the best patch ever...

YAYA warfare kicks A$$ and it's great as SP also; could we get a save game feature for it hu could we, could we huh huh yay.gifnotworthy.gif

I really like this patch. I played for 20 minutes I think last night to see how my Arma would run, no addons active except QG (just to test and dont get errors/bugs) and I must say I was very happy. It seems to run very smooth on my system and also for the first time I can actually see reallyyyyyyy far biggrin_o.gif (8800GTX here).

I played the warfare mission for a bit and it really looked like a lot of fun, I hope I can play it some more this weekend.

Great job BIS, thanks for all this time you spend on this one to fix as much as you could biggrin_o.gif

Yes indeed, performance is as it should be now (or is that should have been tounge2.gif ). I noticed that driving through towns pretty fast was less jittery and LOD's weren't as slow for building which was a good sign.

Loving the new Warfare MP mission, I still haven't gone online but playing SP is just as fun pistols.gif - I think this mission will make me get online now after staying in SP for so long. I have allot of mods running with my setup and it all seems to be working just fine.

Great work and even better that all this gets released so long after the game came out, "real" community support thumbs-up.gif .

I installed on dual boot xp/vitsa 32 ... the vista install when i ran the game was not running as a missing DLL "ifc22.dll" after the patch. I simply copied that dll from the root of my xp patched install version and all was well. Not sure what that was all about though.

Either way, worth the betas and the wait.

I bought the game when it came out here in the uk! I slagged it off at first because no matter how i tweaked the settings all i could manage was 12 fps average,and sometimes so low it was unplayable crazy_o.gif . I gave up playing it and went back to good old flashpoint. After seeing this new patch and instaling it yesterday Hey presto i now get around 30 fps  xmas_o.gif  notworthy.gif . Dare i say it after finaly playing it most of the night i may now have to say it's better than Flashpoint! Well done with the new patch lads. Edit= By the way my comp- p4 3ghz. 1 gig ram.Nvidea 7600gs 500mb ram and slightly overclocked

I noticed a bit of a boost in frame rates as well. a lot of bugs have been fixed/changed, though it's odd to see some really simple one's slip through - but hey, can't ask for everything.

Warfare mode is pretty fun, but AA defences seem to be pretty impotent, using a fixed-wing plane to attack bases can be very easy if the pilot knows what their doing. RACS having tanks at the very start, and sometimes very odd starting locations are a few niggles, but nothing really bad.

all the new units/structures included with the patch are pretty good and gives mission makers more options and possibilities, so thanks for that.

all in all a good patch, and from me a great step in the right direction. thanks BIS!

Good patch, thank you very much!

I'm glad that the breath is now audible in first person. But it is still to low! I want to hear my lungs bursting after a long sprint!

I assume it's not realistic, when you hear your breath louder when filmed from behind than in first person... And don't tell me anymore, this is a feature since 1.09! mad_o.gif

Thanks BIS and Mike Melvin & the rest of the team for an excellent patch and multiplayer warfare, although i am still disappointed with the patch overall. The one that still annoys me is the swimming in the sea and losing all your weapons bug.

I would have thought this would have been fixed by now. You cross a river to sneak up on your enemy and all your left with is your wet clothing.  banghead.gif

Please BIS can you fix it for me.......Jim'll fix it for you, and you and you....da da da daaaa.  biggrin_o.gif

The Framerate seems to be lower than with 1.12b

I'll delete my profile and let it out-create again, i hope that helps.

Other than that: Yes Vista sucks off a lot of ressources on certain machines/configurations.

At my System (even though its highly optimized) it costs over 1/3 of FPS compared to a XP-System.

Same at the rigs of my Brothers, but the higher the system-specs are, the less you will notice that there is any FPS-Drop. So at the One Machine of my Brother (C2Q 6600 @ 4x 3.4GHZ) and GF 8800GTS-512MB G92, you wouldn't notice any FPS-Drop visually as its always way above 30FPS.

But when you measure it with Fraps, there is really a significantly FPS-Drop.

Regards, Christian

can we have 1 more final release to fix the constant zoom? or at least i dont have to press - in order to walk? At least a fix to be used on ladders?

Boy oh boy

I realy love this patch.

Thanks for the good work BIS.

Smooth as a babies bottom.

The new warfare map is exelent.

The bunker fights are great.

And the map seems to have all the cti funnctions i was dreaming off.

A great way to bring PvP back to arma.

yay.gif

I am happy as a bannana

Thanks BIS and Mike Melvin & the rest of the team for an excellent patch and multiplayer warfare, although i am still disappointed with the patch overall. The one that still annoys me is the swimming in the sea and losing all your weapons bug.

I would have thought this would have been fixed by now. You cross a river to sneak up on your enemy and all your left with is your wet clothing.  banghead.gif

This is not a bug at all. We choosed this as good way to make gameplay more realistic. Of course, always it is all about compromises and balance but we feel it's good the way it is: after some time in water, you simply loose your weapons, you may understand it the way that your weapon is dammaged by water, no longer usable so you simply drop it (as you are not capable of fixing it).

Performance not as good as 1.12b.. getting some slow downs in urban and vegetated areas...

Also LOTS and LOTS of connection lag on any map... especially warfare.. been on many servers and the same problem and all report increased connection lag.

Nice changelist and don't suppose there will be a 1.15 but here are a couple of points that might be useful for Arma2...

zoom out toggle (2x Num -) works in single player but not multiplayer

AI gunners in Abrams _still_ won't use main gun to attack armour (I can easily replicate this on the 'Armoured Fist mission by ordering the gunner to target the nearest friendly tank - he only uses the machine gun).

hello all, i have no more sound at all ! i launched arma from the shortcut, without any soundmod nor addons, i even tried launching the game from arma.exe, still no sound.

how can i fix that, without buying a new comp nor an extra soundcard ?

help.gif

edit: in the editor, the new folders (usmc, warfare...) in are not translated to french, they are still in english

Quote[/b] ]This is not a bug at all. We choosed this as good way to make gameplay more realistic. Of course, always it is all about compromises and balance but we feel it's good the way it is: after some time in water, you simply loose your weapons, you may understand it the way that your weapon is dammaged by water, no longer usable so you simply drop it (as you are not capable of fixing it).

Thx for clearing that up Maruk, i've been playing ArmA since release and i never realised that. That explains why my weapon vanishes after a while and not instantly.  notworthy.gif

Now just hurry up and release ArmA II........... biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Me and some friends im playing with notice a drop in FPS. Theres also like some "mouse lag". The aim slides. When you aim and move onto a target you slide past it many times. This might have to do with the FPS drop or maybe its a new feature? Smoother mouse movement? Ive tested with V-SYNC forced off but get same result (others notice this too). Float is "off" as well.

I dont have the best computer. Its a lower medium end and i have to get a new one, but my friends computer (specs below) gets the same drop + "mouse lag" with a different system even better than mine. Pre 1.14 ArmA was very fluent and i had great FPS. In the 1.14 patch readme it says: "Improved performance (up to 100% increase in frame rate depending on scene, video settings and graphics card)". So i hoped at least for same performance as the betas.

Specs1:

AMD 64 X2 3800+ OC @ 2,3Ghz

NVIDIA GF8800GTS 320MB OC (600/999)

2GB DDR 400Mhz

Specs2:

AMD 64 X2 6000+ 3.1Ghz

NVIDIA GF8800GT 512MB OC (700/1050)

CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 800Mhz

Im very happy for the content of the 1.14 patch, but very sad about how the immersion/joy went away a lot due to the performance drop. I always have my computer defragged and clean. Nvidia CP is set to performance and all aids to get performance is on. Using the AMD Dual Core optimizer as well (dont know if that is good though for ArmA however?). And i got the latest drivers for the hardware.

I dont really know what to think myself. If i need to run out and buy a new computer right away or if theres a patch to come that tries to get the performance back of the betas. Or simply roll back to a beta patch. With the info about 100% increase of FPS in 1.14 i hoped at least that i would be good until ArmA2 comes as im getting a new computer for that.

Regards

Alex