Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.14

I just played for a few hours.

Love the new content and no issues at all here.

Smooth gameplay, graphics seem better.

Great work BIS ! I will be playing more now for sure

edit: oh yeah..it says I don't have rhsAK on that new cti map.

I have no mods installed

i have mods installed, and i can go ingame with no problems.

Haven't tried Servers yet..

edit: from what i tested i felt the game much more fluid then any other older versions.

I just played for a few hours.

Love the new content and no issues at all here.

Smooth gameplay, graphics seem better.

Great work BIS ! I will be playing more now for sure

edit: oh yeah..it says I don't have rhsAK on that new cti map.

I have no mods installed

You were playing with other people, were you not? It sounds to me as though another person on the server was running a replacement mod that required that addon.

- dRb

Woodland Units should have been full fleshed out like the USMC counterparts. I know the sandbag issue and the bridge issue have been addressed yet I still find that they can be issues.

I tried a couple of quickly made skirmishes and noticed that unless the sides are even the defenders behind the sandbags still prefer to go prone or even go around the sandbag barrier to fire back and also the AI attacking still is unable to clear the area effectively as they will move right passed a defensive position only to get shot in the back.

I also noticed when using South Sahrani that for a vehicle to successfully cross a bridge it would require very specific set of way points or else it would take a less direct route. I tried this on Sahrani in the Main City and the vehicle ended up going across one bridge then going around another bridge.

One thing which should have been fixed and which still doesn't seem to have been addressed is the fact that Ai will engage unmanned (yet in their mind still enemy) static objects the same with vehicles. I have noticed that they will continue to expend their ammunition as well as grenades at objects that pose no threat. To the point where they will kill squadmates by throwing grenades.

Does this mean Mike Melvin finally got paid for his wonderfull work he started on OFP?

Haven't had the time to test yet. Sounds lovely.

The new cti is great in gameplay, but its so damn laggy. seems not one server can run it properly....

And Im surprised there are only 2 woodland units. Its so damn simple to extend the config to the other units too....

Oh No!

My alltime favorite bugs since Dezember 2006 are still in there.

1. SPR hast no muzzle flash external, only in optics.

2. Command menu for BMP-2 commander does not work. (pops up just a tenth of a second) works only in 3 person overview mode. (command view)

Took me two minutes to find this, as always.

I have tested the new warfare mode offline, with and against AI over the whole night without ctd`s.

One problem was, that the supply trucks are more dangerous to infantryman's than the enemy, the other that tanks really like to lay on their back.

Another show stopper was, that 2 man out of 7 man team get stuck in town, and where not able to go anywhere, no matter what orders i gave them.

I´ll test EVO-SP later this day, and hope that the bugs are more or less warfare-exclusive.

Besides those problems i`m very happy with this patch, and the improvements performance and graphics-quality wise. thumbs-up.gif

Bringing CTI official to ArmA is a wonderful idea.

I really hope it's not too late.

It's very nice to see new content(mission/addons) in a patch without the need to pay for it.

Overall, thank you BIS Team for the patch and specially Mike Melvin for his wonderfull CTI(Warfare) map.

MfG Lee

CTi is really nice , but that lags on all servers what i played crazy_o.gif

How to fix this lag?

whistle.gif Server LInux??? xmas_o.gif
Quick update: we hope to release Linux server 1.14 tomorrow or on Friday.

<span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>READ?</span> whistle.gif

CTi is really nice , but that lags on all servers what i played crazy_o.gif

How to fix this lag?

whistle.gif  Server LInux???  xmas_o.gif
Quick update: we hope to release Linux server 1.14 tomorrow or on Friday.
Quote[/b] ]<span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>READ?</span> whistle.gif

No you read whistle.gif

What do I care ...I don`t play CTI(arma) goodnight.gif

Bringing CTI official to ArmA is a wonderful idea.

I really hope it's not too late.

It's very nice to see new content(mission/addons) in a patch without the need to pay for it.

Overall, thank you BIS Team for the patch and specially Mike Melvin for his wonderfull CTI(Warfare) map.

MfG Lee

I must say I wasn't really a fan of CTI in OFP.

The version presented here, though, might be interesting.

I'm even gonna touch a word or two about it of an ArmA lover of old who has gone into RTS gamer. He might like this one smile_o.gif

I would like to mention the Ka-50 bug/feature. That is the most annoying thing in ArmA now. Everything else regarding the game I could kiss and marry! But the new Ka-50 feature just ruins the balancing extremly. Here's an example:

The AI has a viewdistance of more than 4 km. The players use a blackhawk chopper to get to an island. Suddenly the blackhawk explodes. There is no warning, the AI Ka-50 simply shoots the player from the other side of the map. It's even more annoying that one Ka-50 can kill a dozen of aircraft before getting killed. East gained an unfair advantage.

If the Ka-50 must have AA missiles, please specify a new ammo type for it with max. 2 rockets. This way it could be in the hands of the mission creator if the Ka-50 should have AA rockets or not. If this is not working then please split the Ka-50 into 2 versions - the old version up to 1.11 Beta and the new version with AA rockets.

And please ... please ... please ... please ... release it as a hotfix wink_o.gif

great work BIS as usual -{GOL}- fourms thread with patch feedback are expressing nothing but phrase for you guys

the new content is brilliant and so are the general imporvements

once again great job and defnetly deserves a large handshake and a box of cookies for each person of BIS smile_o.gif

Where is the STEAM update? There is no mention of what ArmA Steam users need to do to patch the game. Steam isn't updating automatically yet, which is little bit of a snub towards the Steam client being an after-thought.

You have a good patch overall, the Warfare mode is very promising and the overall improvements in performance and fixes are working good so far.

It's just a shame that you could not coordinate a Steam Client update at the same time. You're leaving many ArmA fans out in the cold.

Good work. Patch seems to work well, although i'm not sure if the performance is so much better than before. The new gamemode is awesome. I'm still not happy with the way the helos handle though. Rudders still make my chopper bank, so i find it overly difficult to align for a air-to-ground run. Also when banking hard the nose should drop because of the reduced velocity, but this ain't the case, i still have to steer.

I've just tested some community modded Ka-50. They can aim at air targets as well so I guess the problem itself isn't the standard Ka-50 but the weapons it can fire. I beg you to change this sad_o.gif

Hi, seems that the woodland soldiers don't have blood textures. Let's C ya

Thanks for the update, I was only waiting to the direct x10 fog fix but the new warfare mode is great. One question how does a purely AI team work on warfare. I played against one for a while and I only ever saw infantry and one apc. Do ai build tanks or aircraft?

notworthy.gif

Fantastic

I love the new game mode, lets have some PvP battles again.

Everything runs smooth as hell.

Thanks a lot for the Great work BIS and Melvin

Thank you BIS! Patch and additional content is nice.

Some questions and suggestions:

1) Is it possible to change default FOV in all vehicles to outzoomed Numpad "-" view?

2) Could you exchange satchel destruction from tracked APC to MBT? I need two Satchels to destroy/explode BMP-2, BRDM-2, M113, Shilka and M163 but only one to blow off M1A1 or T-72.

3) Driving as commander in vehicles and order AI "All return to formation" should not stop the (commanders) vehicle movement.

Legislator the Vikhr operates as an air-to-air missile too with a radar turn-on for approach navigation. It is effective against airborne targets flying at speeds up to 400 km/h. Maybe using custom countermeasure/flare script/addon could help you more. wink_o.gif

Is there any chance to update the server without upload the whole local ArmA folder. Maybe to update the server folder with the patch after modify the registry (?)  sad_o.gif

Export from registry of your gaming PC branch

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA] and import on server machine (edit path of install if needed). Everything works fine.

Ironsight view got a bit worse, especially the AK's, but we can adjust with the +/- keypad.

The woodland BDU units really blend well in NS, up untill now the SLA had the upper hand up there but with these units its the other way around.

A couple SLA's with better cammo and black AK74M's would've be great, but i hope they will focus on Arma II development now, its about time smile_o.gif .