Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.14

I´m happy with that Patch, but with a very little effort BIS could have supplied us with a full set of woodland units and groups.

It has been done for USMC units, why not for the woodland units. huh.gif

Excelent patch with all the new addons and Warfare feels very interesting/good too and its nice to have finally voice for "go crouch". yay.gif

Nothing you do wrong, there are just 2 woodland units. You can give them other gear using the addWeapon command or a script. smile_o.gif

Thank you.

Although I hate to do that on every single unit every single time (addMagazine, addWeapon) I'm trying to create something, which is pretty much always and the reason I play Armed Assault. wink_o.gif

(And no, I don't know anything about scripting. Getpos this and setpos that, set to "0" here and go for "1" there. Um... Did I just create a flying cat? Nah...)

But I can totally accept that anyways. The textures are pretty neat by my opinion.

Thanks for the patch. Haven't noticed anything critical yet.

Regards,

-PG-

Quote[/b] ]* Fixed compatibility issues with Vista x64 platform with 4 GB RAM

But not with 6gb. sad_o.gif

I couldn't get the patch to install to begin with. I kept getting a message halfway through installation that there wasn't enough space to install the patch, although there's over 80gb free. If I continued I could load up ok in windowed mode but not in fullscreen. Curiously in windowed mode at this stage the version number was 1.14 but I didn't have the warfare mission.

I then rebooted with 3072mb enabled, the patch installed fine, fullscreen and windowed worked ok. Reboot with the full 6gb and back to black screen in fullscreen mode, windowed is fine.

Not moaning, just reporting.

smile_o.gif

Specs:

ATI 3870 with Cat 8.4

Intel C2D

Intel BX2

6gb corsair ram.

Pleasently suprised BIS...didn't expect that, so well done. I just might actually buy ArmA2.

Nice patch.

Found 1 bug so far: no woundtextures on the woodland units.

i am happy with this patch. great work and thanks for support after 1 1/2 year!

btw, the warfare missions is perfekt and replace the former crcti missions!

i had only little time to test the patch, but it looks and feels good. especially welcome is that i regained the performance boost and the crisp-look of the 1.11b beta. 1.14 runs slightly smoother and looks better than 1.12b for me.

thanks BIS!!

Daniel @ May 21 2008,18:06)]Could someone point me in the right direction for getting anything similar to the 1.11 Field of View back?

Note that FOV in 1.14 is something in between 1.08 and 1.12 - we feel like it's now very well balanced based on the feedback from 1.12.

UAZ FOV is really bad, i think like im hanging onto the bonnet of the veh and gona fall over the front into the wheels, i cant even see the stearing wheel. smile_o.gif

Well people is happy with new patch! this is good, but i still have CTD and I dont know why!

Woodland, only two soldiers! banghead.gif

ok, thank you to BIS!! crazy_o.gif

Well, I'm stuck at work. read the Warrior PDF docs twice. and just browsed throught the 2 topics here. Seems you have a hit, BIS.

Thank you for all your hard work, and thanks for listening to the community. Mike Melvin...I love you. And a cudos to Bart, Karel, Ivan, Patrick, Jan, Marian, Carsten, Johannes, Jakub, Lukas, and all the BI grunts that helped test this.

Minor question, but no biggie. Did 1.14 take away the ability of Stinger/Strella to lock on to land vehicles? Would be nice to avoid abuse in Warfare.

Anyone post gameplay on YouTube yet? This should bring more to the community

Thanks a lot BIS! smile_o.gif

Been playing a mission for 3 hours straight before i eventually died and had to redo 1,5 hours worth of gameplay... So now i'm here :P but otherwise i'd still be playing ^^

FPS is improved a LOT. I actually could stand on a mountain with a 10 km distance view and still have a decent framerate, definitely amazing.

Tuned it down to 5 km view just for a bit more FPS, cause that never hurts and you still see far enough to be truely immersed into the world.

Now i can finally really check out northern sahrani without low fps biggrin_o.gif

Also, the new skins = love.

I still have a huge drop in FPS when near movement or any soldier was present in 1.12 as well.

Thanks BI for bring long term support and feature to arma smile_o.gif

Does the new patch require the CD to be run? or can it sit safely in my cover so it doesn't get scratched? smile_o.gif

Also does this patch fix the issue with the sound drop outs with audigy 2 sound cards? I didn't see in the change log so I'm guessing no ? confused_o.gif

Sav

The CTD I had earlier was just my PC. However the large amount of desync seems to be related on every server I've been on today (Warfare). It also takes ALOT of time for the server/PC to connect and load the mission Warfare. Besides that I've seen alot of tanks flipping up-side-down or flying far when they crash in to something, usually caused by AI steering (then again, they aren't perfect in pathfinding).

Otherwise, a DAMN good product and a exciting new mission and features. Thumbs up!  thumbs-up.gif

(I'll upload some pics later).

PS: Is there suppose to be 5689 ammo/weapons laying in the sea around Dolores?

Does the new patch require the CD to be run? or can it sit safely in my cover so it doesn't get scratched? smile_o.gif

You don't need the CD in the drive with the new patch.

I think bis made one little mistake though or I made little mistake.

Correct me if im wrong but I think this was the good chronologic version of cti historie started from early days in flashpoint. Could be far wrong since its really long time ago.

1) Campaign mp map.

Called CMPGN also known as "Capture the Island" on some servers because names were easily changed those days.

This map was almost indentical to the first cti bis brought out on release of ArmA with some slight differences.

( concept same as cti but units bought from flag plus no mhq so pretty basic ) I remember maps like CTI-4 and stuff.

2)Then came mfcti from Mike Melvin also first called CTI-12 @ mf or there was completely different reason behind that naming.

Started with same flagbugs that last of the Campaign maps had, making me believe not the whole concept was that new if u know what i mean since for me he only added mobile base to it and money system was mostly still the same.

I think this map was called Mike Melvin's Conquer the Island.

Latest map i know of was MFCTI.COM 1.16

3) Then came crcti from Cleanrock well first called mcti @cr??

The more refined less raw version. Harder to play with lot of limitations to cancel out a lot of exploits. Some called it boring but crcti community dont care much about that because mf community dead in ofp and crcti still played each day wink_o.gif

Anyway I believe that picking the name Capture the Island for first map on release was not bad since simularity was ok. But that mike melvins based version of cti should be called :

CONQUER THE ISLAND and not capture the island.

Hi,

Just a little question:

I saw few pics of a RACS T-72 on the forum. I would like to know if every SLA hardware is now available for the RACS army in the editor or if is just possible in the new feature WARFARE? I saw no information about that in the readme file or on the forum.

Thanks,

-Soviet-

...I would like to know if every SLA hardware is now available for the RACS army...

They get the T-72 MBT only.

@Migel

OFP CTI? history.

Prior to MFCTI was Everon War, and Campaign Everon Really primitive. No MHQ. you spawn in the north or south. When you captured a town flag. 8 men would show up. and they replace themselves every 2-5 minutes. You don't buy veh. they just show up empty with time. No crew. Really laggy, and really chaotic. no structures, no defenses. Just men and veh.

MFCTI was the first to bring order to chaos. I think I still have copies of both mission types somewhere in my CD backups. MFCTI was also laggy when it came to Nogova unless you limited yourself to 6-8 slots per side.

But you're right, right there on the web site, which is still there, it says "Conquer the Island". But why raise such a fuss over what in the gaming community has known CTI as an acronym for something that's commonly understood, conquor or capture? For all I care, it could be "Cappucino the Island", but say CTI, and everyone understands the game mode.

http://mfcti.sourceforge.net/index.html

Cti is official? Oh noes biggrin_o.gif .

I should find time to give 1.14 a run tomorrow, i like the woodland units though its a bit of a shame we didnt get the full pack (only two).

The usmc marpats are great because we can look at them, put on a funny face and apretiate the outstanding work jonny did on his.

The log seems promissing enough, many thanks.

Hi,

...I would like to know if every SLA hardware is now available for the RACS army...

They get the T-72 MBT only.

Thank you! smile_o.gif

T-72 only, strange... Do you know why? wink_o.gif

Can we use static defences in the editor too?

I cant wait to try that tomorow! biggrin_o.gif

Good night!

-Soviet-

Can we use static defences in the editor too?

Yes you can

im stunned new patch with a Decent CTI ohhh boy its christmas really it is notworthy.gif

yay.gifyay.gifbiggrin_o.gif