Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.14

WOW just removed the maxmem command line and played coop for 2 hrs no problems there, LOD seems to be non-existent now (WOOT). Great job BIS, loading times are down and FPS up.

Joined a server running 1.12 no problemo with 1.14.

So far no complaints from me... yay.gif

Is the rumor's true that 1.14 will not allow the BIS Community standard @ModName?

Or is this an issue elsewhere?

Is the rumor's true that 1.14 will not allow the BIS Community standard @ModName?

I can say for a fact that putting @ before a mod name does not prohibit it from functioning correctly in 1.14. So, no worries!

- dRb

I just loaded up 1.14 with the -mod=@LO where LO was just an island someone made and the Chinook add-on from the other day and the island showed up in the Editor and the Chinook was present as well. I'd say @MOD still works fine.

@Average Joe's Quote:

Quote[/b] ]game patched to 1.14 the sound keeps cutting out

Hi, same here, but even walking as a unit, being leader or just a

soldier; using the John's USMC v1.5 Woodland Replacement pack,

i don't had any sound, not even the music tracks that now sound

much louder than before. Let's C ya

Hi all and specially BIS Team...

I gave it a try and come back for my first impresions.

I tried some of the new units in the editor, just to see them. The woodland BDU is nice, but can access only rifleman WLD and Medic WLD, is that WAD ?

I like the static additions, some remind me addons for OFP wink_o.gif

T72 RACS : well, why not ? The M60 fits better in my opinion, but it's ok.

Warfare mission : that's a really fine addition. I was currently bored with ArmA, I hope this will give me some fun ! A quick test (30 minutes in local LAN, alone) was very concluant. Everything worked fine. The battles were raging and kept me on the edge. I hope to test in MP with VON, it has the potential for a CLASSIC mission ! I just had an error message when clicking on buy without anything selected...

Performance : not quite satisfied. I find it more stuttering than 1.08, but it may be caused by one of the addons I run. I had some serious LOD and texture loading delay bug when testing the new NEM Zombies with TCP anims. Don't know what causes that (AMD4600, GeF8600GT 256Mo DDR3, 2Go DDR2 Dual Channel, WinXP SP2)

Overall, the best patch so far ! Too bad I have to go out to watch Indy wink_o.gif Good night all and good game!

Malick

Just had a 1 hour game of WARFARE on a server called TacticalGamerin the US with a ping of 240 and a frame rate of about 20... and it still was pretty damn fun!

I give the WARFARE map 7/10.

-1 because it feels a bit BF2-ish e.g. progress bars EDIT: could use flag going up pole animation instead?

-1 because there are still some bugs with the JIP e.g. Markers not showing up for some players etc.

-1 just because I see little bits here and there that could be improved e.g. being able to pick the base start site, more camera controls/angles during building layout

Aside from that:

+1 accessibility. very easy to pick-up and get into especially if your a CTI fan.

+1 for VoN/VoIP. Works great now even with my ping being what it was. Everyone could hear me and I them

+1 GUI. the interface is very easy to use

+1 markers. new markers make the map very easy to understand

+1 HUD. Nice little progress bar to show how long before you capture a camp/supply depot

+1 Artillery. Based on D-30 which have direct fire as well. Every group leader can have their own artillery group

+1 balancing. It seems they've got the prices for the items correct as the game progressed nicely into a small skirmishes to only a few helos and tanks, despite being everyones first time playing

-----------------------

Also my ArmA is definitely running a lot better and I can actually fly a plane in the mission editor without lagging out or crashing due to the previously bad control system.

Thanks to all you hard working folks at BIS!

Great patch, much improved, i like the new CTI map, i hope this is what BIS will be doing for ArmA II

Great work guys, keep it up

Best regards

Cas.

best patch yet. performance for me seems much improved and the new warfare mode is great fun.

big thumbs up!

Had a CTD while playing Warfare, plus experiencing heavy desync/lag a few times. However, this could be my PC and server I played on.

just played for an hour, server numbers are currently into their 30's and so far without a hitch. the same server is also providing 1.14 download for entire arma community and it seems to be coping pretty well with all that, not to mention mission in play is nearly 1mb download for every player connecting.

VoIP is now much clearer, rivaling TS quality, although even if we dont move over from TS, we have the added option of working with non TS users with VoIP. Not even had to mute anyone yet.

I didn't experience any game troubles, although a clan member with a better system than myself had worse performance regarding the old texture lag on damaged tanks.

As always, adding units into an official patch means (more over staic objects) something extra for mission designers to fiddle about with in their missions, not having to worry about users not knowing which mod they need to download

The only thing i didn't like was the overhaul the weapons got with 1.12 onwards, I felt it was a bit late in the day for such a dramatic change, which wasn't generally asked for, but i cant comment on how more lifelike the changes are, but being able to turn quicker with the AT was certainly a bonus in an otherwise disappointing move.

id like to end that BI can now (hopefully) get on with arma2 as a whole, and having maybe made a mistake or 2 with arma, picked up and learnt from them to make arma2 even better.

id also like to thank those who helped BI beta this stuff out, not just 1.12, we can all see from the changelogs how many builds u guys went through. I am gonna watch the game now and tomorrow see if we can get a few decent coops together, possibly the bezerk pvp that has now been finally able to enjoy a play on a final release instead of living on beta servers.

The single-texture-sky is still there? Or it has been already fixed?

I can't wait to install it, I don't know when my clan will update the server =(

Played a few maps, runs very smooth no sound problems. nice 1

Is there any chance to update the server without upload the whole local ArmA folder. Maybe to update the server folder with the patch after modify the registry (?)  sad_o.gif

Thanks a lot

illu

Nothing you do wrong, there are just 2 woodland units. You can give them other gear using the addWeapon command or a script. smile_o.gif

Can I ask a simple question?Why North Sahrani not included like south Sahrani did?Maybe sounds stupid but i have this query.

I just read the credits for Warfare thanks BIS and Mike Melvin so you were working on it just hidden away and all others in helping bringing MFCTI er Warfar to Arma

Programmer:Mike Melvin

very nice update

the game is ok

i have fix buldozer problem , download the update tools 1.14

thx bis smile_o.gif

Defiantly running better than previous versions, all beta patches included.

I would just like to ask a question...

I've spent the last while building a mission using QG assets with Vs1.12 (silly me whistle.gif).

It seems that to continue with 'said' mission I have to load up Vs.1.12 (which works fine btw).

Is there any way to just throw something into my AddOns or whatever to get the 'said' mission to work with QG Vs1.14 ?

Back on subject, I noticed that before when flying towards a City but looking behind, lods or textures would be slow to load, in the same circumstances looking forwards, the same textures would load "normally".

This seems to have improved with the update Vs1.14.

Excuse my English, I'm English .

Good game, very good update.

E6400 + 3go ram + 8800gt + X-Fi Gamer goodnight.gifgoodnight.gif

I'm liking the menu video for South Sahrani with the LGB strikes on the enemy buildings. Very cool. Not to mention all the other stuff that came with it. Too bad I have to work tonight. Day off tomorrow though.

Tnx BiS For the update very happy with it but mast say agree with

Malick that a T72 is good but M60 was better choice but stil you choice love it