Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Visitor & v1.14

"anybody else having trouble seeing there terrain in Visitor, cause i can connect to bulldozer, and see my textured tewrrain, but not in visitor."

Can anybody confirm this?

yes, same... does not appear to be working... gak!

dmitri, can you show me your layers.cfg?

1st post updated with info for those who still can't make visitor3 and cursor work.

edit: ShakI you can check my layers.cfg in this Picture (557.89 KB )

dmitri, can you show me your layers.cfg?

A portion of it is posted lower down in this thread. Why, if I may ask? smile_o.gif

I'm having trouble with these four buttons in the new V3...

samplemappewsmall.jpg

1024x768

They do not seem to be showing the various textures on the maps (either the default example BIS map or custom maps), however launching Buldozer shows everything as it should...

Are any of you on x64?

Edit: These buttons worked at some point in the not too distant past... that is, prior to me upgrading the tools and the game - I am quite sure of this...

you might be right m8, they seem not to change much.. i don't use them much though.

edit: oh and im on x32

Why, if I may ask? smile_o.gif

Because i had black textures in Buldozer too, as for me problem was an error pass to rvmat in Layers.cfg.

mm.. I think that didn't understand your problem right.

Have you tried to see BI Sample map in Buldozer?

If it work fine, so problem with your project.

Why, if I may ask? smile_o.gif

Because i had black textures in Buldozer too, as for me problem was an error pass to rvmat in Layers.cfg.

mm.. I think that didn't understand your problem right.

Have you tried to see BI Sample map in Buldozer?

If it work fine, so problem with your project.

I didn't have black textures, rather black poly artifacts in the distance with only ocean visible. I am back in 1.08 and everything is fine. I suspect when I reinstall 1.14 + tools a second time round, it'll be ok. PC gremlins. wink_o.gif

edit: Reinstalled 1.14 + tools. All is good. *shrug*

edit: Reinstalled 1.14 + tools. All is good. *shrug*

When you say 'all is good' - do your textures show up in the Visitor3 window?

..I mean everything is functioning as with 1.08.

If you're asking if I'm having the same problem you posted about above.. Those display options have never shown anything other than blue in all versions of Visitor I've used. Since I never use them, I don't consider it a problem..

I work on 64 and 32 btw.

Hi.

Those buttons never worked in V3 for me.

The only textures I can see in V3 are background images.

Hi.

Those buttons never worked in V3 for me.

The only textures I can see in V3 are background images.

those buttons were present in Visitor2 for OFP, now they are obsolete

Does anybody know where I can find the 1.14 warfare objects? Thanks, cause I would like to put some of the objects into my map.

I have not tried this yet but I assume you extract the warfare.pbo in your addons folder and put it into p:\ca. Just a guess, I'm still trying to figure out why my island is crashing to desktop.

I'm still trying to figure out why my island is crashing to desktop.

Check the ArmA.rpt or the BinPBO log.

LinkerSplit... cool bananas... i've been less than impressed with V3 and the method by which terrain is constructed... I've started looking at the .pew & 8wvr format's with a view to doing a l3dt plugin... or maybe even a wrp tool type initiative... just musings at this stage...

found the problem I think..

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Warning: Embedded material ca\rocks\data\stone3_clutter.rvmat differs - repack data

source used: ca\rocks\clutter_stone_small.p3d

source ignored: ca\rocks\stone3_clutter.p3d

hint: ca\rocks\clutter_stone_small.p3d is older

was this object removed or renamed in 1.14? I removed it from my islands and it all works beautifully now.

<s>This might seem a strange question but does the new version auto convert PNG to PAA when you choose binarize?

I ask this because im no longer able to convert png2paa with visitor3 nor with the png2paa surpher's method by selecting several png files.</s>

Edit: never mind... i forgot to press the '!' confused_o.gif duhh..

I dont have a problem seeing textures in visitor but i cant see them in bulldozer, I can see buildings and vegetation fine. I get an error message saying; cannot load material file, ca\samplemap\data\layers\p_000-000_l00.rvmat

I cant find that file anywhere, am I supposed to generate it in visitor? or do i need to create it myself?

The texture rvmats are created automatically when you import the sat and mask images.  Double check your Tools | Project Preferences | Folder Textures is correct.  It should end in "data", eg my current project Folder/Textures is p:\ca\razani\data

It should end in "data", eg my current project Folder/Textures is p:\ca\razani\data.

It should end in "any valid pathspec", so long as it is currently and will eventually be accessible to Buldozer & Game respectively.

I prefer for instance a folder called 'tx' which for me is an abbreviation for 'textures'.

eg.

P:\Synide\synR2\tx

P:\Synide\synNuckulatant\goobleglubber