Sign in to follow this  
norrin

Config for custom player animatio

Let me start off by saying that other than some very simple editing of config.cpp files and the opening up of a few in the hope that I might gain some knowledge about how they work just by looking at them I know virtually nothing about the code required in these beasts.

Here's my questions if any body has the time your help would be greatly appreciated:

1. Is it possible to make an addon that contains new animations for dragging and carrying bodies etc that can be used by all the soldier units in game without modfying the configs of each unit ?

Essentially I want to make a small addon that contains the new animations which can then be used in game by scripts that use the playMove and switchMove commands.

2. Assuming I have the .rtm files - if question 1 is possible what does the config file for the animation addon require so that I can do this. Does some one have an example of this?

Thanks,

norrin

1. Is it possible to make an addon that contains new animations for dragging and carrying bodies etc that can be used by all the soldier units in game without modfying the configs of each unit ?

Yes. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you exactly how this is done.

all u q - possible )

may be u necessary look to this

slx mod always have working wounds pack, then u can unpack slx_wounds.pbo and look in config and scripts part for more learn// must be work as standlone part)

sorry my engliz

imo this is almost perfect job

certainly credits to Solus would be respectable)

slx mod always have working wounds pack, then u can unpack slx_wounds.pbo and look in config and scripts part for more learn// must be work as standlone part)

I've already contacted paragraphic about this and he has passed on solus' permission.  It was always my intention to thank solus profusely for his fantastic work.

I've unpbo'd slx_wounds but there are heaps of things in the addon I don't need (blood splotches etc) as I just want the drag and carry animations to use with my revive script. I've tried removing certain features and then rewriting the config.cpp but with little success and its clear to me I need help to understand what I'm doing.

So here I am.

so)

what kind of help u need?) maybe concrete questions?)

personaly my scripting skill very low, but.......

just look into \s\drag.sqs

so)

what kind of help u need?) maybe concrete questions? such as .p3d files)

Fair enough smile_o.gif

I have everything I need other than the config.cpp for the animations.

If it is possible I need to know how to write a config.cpp so that the new animations are available to all units in game with out changing the individual config of each unit. I do not want these animations to be available to the player via keystroke but only when they are scripted using the switchMOve or playMove commands.

Therefore, I need to know:

1.how should the config.cpp for the animation addon be coded and structured,

2. what classes need to be defined;

3. if I have the intermediate animations how do I code for blending

4. Do I need to include anything else other than the animations in the addon such as .p3d files

As I said solus' original config.cpp for the slx_wounds.pbo contains all sorts of information and config classes that are not needed for what I'm trying to do and although I've tried breaking up and removing parts of his config.cpp I keep getting errors when I load ArmA, so its clear to me I need some guidance.