Sign in to follow this  
trinder1

USEC C130 Hercules

Those pics look amazing Ice. Can't wait to fly around in that!

Sorry mate the flaps are still wrong.  The upper surface of the wing is all one piece.  As i said before the flaps do not cut into the top surface.

Whoops, didn't catch that one!

How does this look now?  While I've been in a C130 quite a bit, I never took much notice of the flaps...

wip_080827_1.jpg

exellent work! thumbs-up.gif I can't wait to try it out and see what scenarios i can do with this and maybe somebody who knows scripting good can put this baby into warefare or evolution smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
How does this look now?  While I've been in a C130 quite a bit, I never took much notice of the flaps...

Better. The wing to fuselage blend is a bit, to borrow a phrase from a mate, "Lego". There should be a fillet as on the real one.

Better.  The wing to fuselage blend is a bit, to borrow a phrase from a mate, "Lego". There should be a fillet as on the real one.

If you crank the specular up, you can see she really is pretty lego in a few places! I tried to cut down the polys pretty majorly, but I think I cut a little deep and got a bit too fond of the relax tool.

I'm going to keep a note of that, and see what I can do for Beta. I want to get onto a new project soon. A bomber I think. I want something that doesn't have a cargo hold (which I am doing right now, and have NO polys left to use). And that blows things up!

I might see if I can model something on to at least hide the lego-ness of the main area. Maybe you might want to take a look at her for some pre-alpha testing RKSL? Imagine you are busy but if you have some free time...

Guest RKSL-Rock
Better.  The wing to fuselage blend is a bit, to borrow a phrase from a mate, "Lego". There should be a fillet as on the real one.

If you crank the specular up, you can see she really is pretty lego in a few places!  I tried to cut down the polys pretty majorly, but I think I cut a little deep and got a bit too fond of the relax tool.

I'm going to keep a note of that, and see what I can do for Beta.  I want to get onto a new project soon.  A bomber I think.  I want something that doesn't have a cargo hold (which I am doing right now, and have NO polys left to use).  And that blows things up!

I might see if I can model something on to at least hide the lego-ness of the main area.  Maybe you might want to take a look at her for some pre-alpha testing RKSL?  Imagine you are busy but if you have some free time...

Out of curiosity how many poly's are you at now? My own sits at 14k in the first res LoD but that should drop below 12 when i rework the engines and props.

I'll pass on pre-alpha, thanks for the offer though. I just don’t have the time right now and I wouldn’t want anyone saying we stole your models when ours come out in a while. I’ve already had the "you are only jealous" emails when i commented on your flaps. The kiddies seem to be out stirring shit again.

If you want something to blow stuff up with why not simply adapt it to an AC-130? wink_o.gif

If you want something to blow stuff up with why not simply adapt it to an AC-130?  wink_o.gif

Turrets on planes have caused too many problems from what I've read.

well so far I've rode about some mod scripted turrets to some UAV? huh.gif maybe I am wrong I dunno. but whatever, it wont be needed for now. (you could change the class of C130 to a heli so you could add turretz on it11! 0mg:P) but whatever, would be nice to see some pics from the holy cargo-space. biggrin_o.gif

regards,

-Kristian

It can be nice to make a RACS - RSAF (Royal Sahrani Air Force) version of this fantastic plane!

I don't know much about scripting, but would it be possible to put a turret on the side of an airplane without animations? For example, just crosshairs and explosions if you're in the co-pilot seat of the C-130? Because in truth I think the only reason people want the AC-130 is because it could be a nice rail-gunner mission bound by waypoints, nobody wants that in 3rd person.

You guys know if it is possible?

I don't know much about scripting, but would it be possible to put a turret on the side of an airplane without animations? For example, just crosshairs and explosions if you're in the co-pilot seat of the C-130? Because in truth I think the only reason people want the AC-130 is because it could be a nice rail-gunner mission bound by waypoints, nobody wants that in 3rd person.

Reading the 1st and 2nd page would give you the answer.  welcome.gifwink_o.gif

could you elaborate on USECs persistent operations? it sounds very interesting.

could you elaborate on USECs persistent operations? it sounds very interesting.

After being inspired by the Evolution series of maps, I made an Addon that contained a base (called "USEC Revolution Training Facility") that acted as a base of operations.  Personnel spawned there, and they could go to different areas of the base to get different things.  For example, personnel would go to the firing range to qualify on weapons, the SF range to qualify for special force duties, driving range to qualify for vehicles.  Officers and those who were qualified could go to the motor transport section to sign out vehicles.

Sunray (the Detachment Commander for the operation) had the ability to place up to twenty six Forward operating bases on the map.  When he actives a base, a small hut, a flag, and a helicopter pad are placed on the map.  Then personnel can sign out helictopers and vehicles from the main base, take them to logistics in the base and "load" the vehicle with supplies.  When a loaded vehicle is taken to the H-pad at a Forward base, supplies are delivered according to the type of vehicle.

Fuel, Supplies, and Ammunition are the different types of supplies delivered.  Builder mode can be activated at a base by going to the flagpole, and then the person can build a variety of things around the base.

The idea of this was to create a map that would be stable across days and/or weeks.    Our longest map operation was creating a base, as part of Operation Green Field, and lasted over seven days.

To get an idea of how it worked, you can view the Revolutions Training Facility Manual.  Note that this is currently out of date, as the mission system was recently revised to make use of the new Warfare buildings, the USEC F117, and the updated USEC C130.

We conducted a closed Alpha with the USEC C130 over the weekend as part of Operation Tammarpok.  Here are some selected screenshots from the operation:

op_080830_7.jpg

op_080830_6.jpg

op_080830_5.jpg

op_080830_3.jpg

op_080830_8.jpg

op_080830_10.jpg

Reading the 1st and 2nd page would give you the answer.  welcome.gif  wink_o.gif

Oh yes, I apologize.

The C-130 is looking great though, i'm really looking forward to paradrop missions!

that big bird looks beatiful! Is it only cockpit textures left to do? Any specs on the aircrafts features in the game?

Btw im not sure if its uber realistic but is it possible to make a second version in the editor of the aircraft that has the ability to refuel and rearm and maybe repair other ground and maybe air vehicles.. Like if you have a mission where a base doesn't have any support trucks the C-130 can be flown in and land at the airbase and give support?

Very nice looking bird! thumbs-up.gif

Just the engine shadow in the last pic look a bit strange. Seems like the shadow of the propellor-nose (sorry, no idea how this is called correctly in english) is missing.

Looking forward to this one!

MfG, Medicus  smile_o.gif

that big bird looks beatiful! Is it only cockpit textures left to do? Any specs on the aircrafts features in the game?

Btw im not sure if its uber realistic but is it possible to make a second version in the editor of the aircraft that has the ability to refuel and rearm and maybe repair other ground and maybe air vehicles.. Like if you have a mission where a base doesn't have any support trucks the C-130 can be flown in and land at the airbase and give support?

Love the birdy icemotoboy

@ Commando84

easy to script some supplies to appear after landing so the c-130 can do another round trip ... more reason to have a good pilot flying stuff in smile_o.gif

fat albert jato ? biggrin_o.gif

More than three weeks has been passed, has the release delayed? huh.gif oh but nice to have the f117 for now. I am just asking, as he said "expect a alpha in next three weeks"

is the project dead somehow? huh.gif

More than three weeks has been passed, has the release delayed?

Apparently, yes.

Quote[/b] ]is the project dead somehow?  huh.gif

Lol community. icon_rolleyes.gif

Unless the maker of addon has died, withdrawn from modding completely and suddenly, or the files have been lost - models never get scrapped.