Sign in to follow this  
trinder1

USEC C130 Hercules

its a very nice c130 there! Keep up the good work and hope you get it out so we can enjoy your hardwork.

I would love to play a evo or warefare where you can fly in large amounts of troops or just drop a supply crate or a vehicle to help my team. And also feel the tension when shilkas or machineguns try to shoot me down. Hope you can make the aircraft so it takes more than 1 anti air missile to kill it. Its a big bird and it should have some extra protection imo. wink_o.gif

cant wait to jump out of that bird, I just hoped arma would have better physics so I could drive a HMMWV inside that and drive it out when flying over mountains and just wach it fall, fall fall and fall. and then again, I love flying big planes, so this will be very-welcome addon to me, and I think to the community too smile_o.gif

Very awesome work man! Can't wait to see this bad boy in game. Really gotta give you props man.... I really wish I could do works like this.... I really appreciate your time and efforts to make more great things for the arma community to play with. Thanks notworthy.gif

Currently the exterior is textured with 4 2048x2048 textures

That's just wasteful.

WIP looks very nice otherwise.

RE: 2048x2048 textures. I've been preparing my model with the intention of lowering the textures. However, this is a HUGE aircraft and vehicle compared to other models in game. It looks very inconsistent to have this modelled with a few 1024x1024 textures alongside a HMMVW or such. My aim is to have this as consistently textured as possible alongside other similar vehicles in game. Hence it will have a Normal Map, Specular, etc... and should have a similiart resolution result.

RE: MC-130 model. I have been making this from scratch (and already made one MASSIVE mistake re: the inside set of Flaps). I haven't started modifying this for another other aircraft as yet.

RE: AC-130. Again, this project goes far beyond my intentions. I want to get this C130 done and then move onto something else for a while (probably finishing my Oil Rig).

Yeah, but 4 2048s? That's a bit over the board don't you think? If it were two exterior and two interior it would sound more reasonable.

But oh well, in the end, if it looks good I'll be drooling just the same whatever the number of textures. Also I guess it won't be in the same numbers as soldiers or humvees so in the end I guess one can go overboard.

Apart from the awesome model, which else does it bring? Any cargo script? How may soldiers can carry? How much damage can it take?

So far in ArmA a AC-130 is too much work and don't expect anyone to do one anytime soon... maybe for ArmA2 but def not for ArmA.

I think he allready mentionned that after this he will focus on other things, so I dont think so smile_o.gif . I was wondering, if we could get some Interior screens? biggrin_o.gif

C130J Cargo cabin length: 40ft 5in

C-130J-130 (stretched variant) Cargo cabin length: 55ft 5in

HMMWV lenght: 15ft

The takeoff weight is important and the flight time.

I dont know if its just me, but it looks like the front-wheel is in air:

c1300808162so4.jpg might be an arma-bug too. I dunno, Can we have some INTERIOR -screens too tounge2.gif

I'll add my voice to the choir : very nice C130 ! It looks just perfect.

Would it be possible to make two or more versions with different textures ?

Excellent job !

Malick

I'll be releasing texture source files for painters to make variants of the C130. However, the aircraft will probably only be released with USEC and USA textures.

Will there be room for paratroopers or only the cargo system proxies? Or both? smile_o.gif

Two versions, one cargo one pax. I'll have the interior screens tonight. Unfortunately my first pass at the interior was a bit much for ArmA, so I'm reducing the poly count significantly and going to put most of the detail into textures.

Great news, will be looking for those screenies. smile_o.gif

its ok if theyre not super-high-poly-detailed, biggrin_o.gif I mean, half life 2 works so good and looks so good, because it has huge-polycount, but objects also have lame textures, I hope it comes another way too, little polys, high texture... you probably know what I mean, or... then you dont. whatever.

Looking forward to this, seriously. wink_o.gif

regards,

-Kristian

Some WIP pictures of the cockpit, ambient baked. I'll be baking ambient textures once I've finished the detail. Taking a bit longer than I wanted, as I had to wait for some plans from a mate of mine from my air force days to send me some engineering plans:

wip_c130_cpt_1.jpg

wip_c130_cpt_2.jpg

wip_c130_cpt_3.jpg

AO looks nice but i suggest to turn up the samples. yes longer render but worth it, more precise/less grainy wink_o.gif and maybe turn the distance down cuz now its abit dark allover. othervise good smile_o.gif