Sign in to follow this  
-IC-Wedge

IC ISLAND: Isla Barbuda

notworthy.gif Very impressive island.

The high level of thought put into the design becomes obvious after previewing it. Very good FPS, a decent size and plenty of rolling hills without any flat areas.

A nice desert theme, nice use of rocks and foliage and good use of roads along the base of hillsides and through valleys which is something that is missing in any island/terrain released so far.

The far Northern part at E4 feels like it could do with a little dirt track to allow mission designers to add their own objects in that area, but perhaps that would make it too symmetrical then.

Nice work.

Nice Island. I just downloaded this and I'm well impressed.

I specially love the way you made the airport in Ciudad Barbuda ( Bearded city, LOL). The security measures in this airport have to be the best ones I ever seen in an addon. The way the hall of the airport is fenced, and the way you made the entrance to the airport, very good, I love it.

One thing you need in this map, the main building to be modified so is accessible, at list if is just an space between front door and back door, so the only way to get in the runway by foot is through the main building. Also, put a bar gate on the space to the side of the main building for security to stop unwanted vehicles getting in the runway.

The layout of towns and villages, where the streets are small and narrow, I think that's spot on, I like it too, reminds me of places that I been.

"Santa Fuero", I love the details in there, the works yard is really good, but not accessible for vehicles. Is there any way to animate the gates? I think is objects number 12234 and 12235.

I noticed the little river, and I noticed in there that you got a nice secret spot in quadrant EF-75, for some sort of camp to go in there, but is only accessible by air because the river is more like a very narrow lake with no end to the sea. It would be nice if one of the ends was in the sea so the river would be accessible by boat, plus that would force you to add a nice bridge that can be blown away smile_o.gif

"Isla del Pelo" (Hair's Island, LOL again) I'm loving them names  biggrin_o.gif  It would be nice if on the East side you add some flat terrain, a nice long beach, for them secret STOL landings.

Actually, seeing that you are thinking about adding more terrain, another little island well far from the main land would be nice, or maybe some little archipelago, could create some interesting battle scenarios in them.

That's all. Nice work here, and I hope to see more soon.

Thanks for the release, and bye.

inlove.gif This is the first map I really like, quality of this map is almost as good as BIS maps.

Well don m8, I hope in near future there be possibility to play warfare, berzerk and domination on this map.

Semi-Off-topic: i have already ported Warfare to the island. and the island seems perfect for the job. competitions should be possible on it even biggrin_o.gif

GJ on the island! biggrin_o.gif. *also what's the md5 checksum of the latest pbo?*

Any chance to see this in "jungle" theme version in v1.0? wink_o.gif

Any chance to see this in "jungle" theme version in v1.0? wink_o.gif

Hey guys, you might be able to get your questions answered quicker if you come over to the IC website.

IC ArmA

I don't know nothing about modding, I only play in the tournament but I can see you all have a lot of questions!

smile_o.gif