Sign in to follow this  
jens198

"Cannot load material file"

Hi guys,

work on my McKenna map is making progress. I'm learning every day, but as I'm learning, new problems surface.

Current problem is with the textures. After I imported the texture map (currently a 5120x5120 png with only one color for pisek/sand) everything seemed fine.

But when I start bulldozer I get an error message.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"Cannot load material file \ca\mckenna\layers\p_000-000_l01.rvmat"

Before the import, the layers directory was empty. After importing the texture map the layers directory was filled with all these rvmat, paa files and so on.

The "p_000-000_l01.rvmat" file is exactly at this location: P:\ca\mckenna\layers.

One thing I notice, when I start bulldozer the first time after the import of the texture map I didn't get the dos-style window where the paa files were converted (or whatever happens there. Saw that when I map some test with the BIS sample map).

Any ideas?

Jens

It should be in P:\ca\mckenna\data\layers.

make sure the path in the Visitor Project Preferences points to

ca\Mckenna\data

Ah, just a typo in my posting. It's in P:\ca\mckenna\data\layers.

The projetct parameters also point to the right location.

Jens

Just had a thought when i import sat & mask to empty layers it is all in PNG format and then when i access bulldozer it starts converting. You said that you had .paa files in there?? is this correct

Hi.

One thing I can think of is when you first hit "import satellite and mask" you get the option "Save .rvmat files as:" check "text".

Ok, as I'm really stuck here I'll post some more infos on my setup. Maybe that helps.

Visitor Project Preferences

propre.jpg

Directory Structure for my project:

dir.jpg

examples of files in the "P:\CA\McKenna\Data\Layers" directory. Please note that the "p_000-000_l01.rvmat" is there it should be.

layer-dir.jpg

and finaly the evil message...

error.jpg

Jens

BTW I tried creating the rvmat files as text files and binaries as well. No joy so far.

a couple of questions

Do you have the most recent version of Visitor as the old one did not use to convert.

I have nothing in my folder - objects section of the preferences (never have)

and is the path of your original rvmats correct

Wedge @ May 17 2008,17:49)]... and is the path of your original rvmats correct

... well, no it isn't.

Fixed it and volia:

431.jpg

THANKS A LOT GUYS!!!!

See you when I got the next problem smile_o.gif

Jens