Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Tomb addon

Well nobody was interested in my Stargate mission for this addon (or didn't bother replying huh.gif ) ,

but maybe it can be used by someone else in other settings, e.g. with Zombies, a certain archaeologist equipped with a whip, Aliens, whatever... pistols.gif

arma2008051719262598ha3.jpg

arma2008051719265725wk4.jpg

arma2008051719273240pt6.jpg

arma2008051719275415ag1.jpg

----> This readme is in a stub...

----> you can help this readme by expanding it...

*****Catacomb addon*******

for Arma >1.08

by icewind.123

model work by me (it was very complicated in the beginning, but I'm getting to it)

textures from various free texture sites for no commercial use, so don't sell this addon(ah who would buy this anyway)

My first addons ever so don't expect this to be epic :> .

included in this archive:

samplemap.pbo

A island (Cataworld)... oh well I should say a "island". It's the ground level

of the tomb so expect nothing special, it's all at the same height. Use enableEnvironment false to get rid of bird sounds and other stuff.

samplemission.samplemap

A tomb showing what you can build with this addon, if you see some flickering it's because some walls are overlapping (can you say this in English?)...

EditorUpdate_v102.pbo by LowFly

Not by me, but it's needed for the example mission.

bhpyramid.pbo by Bierrolt

Not by me and not in this file but needed for the example mission. Get it here:

http://members.home.nl/b.hidding/SG/

Use this setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1),XX] to get a rooftop with cavefloor 3x3 or ceiling 2.

You can also build really huge halls with this (see example map). CRTL-C, CRTL-V, CRTL-SHIFT and shift combined with mouse are your best friends...

cata.pbo

It contains all the glorious walls, floors and stuff. Mind that the Floors can be used by AI but very limited,

they won't walk about the next floor (needs to be one object), that's why I created "Cataworld".

This addon is unofficial, use at your own risk, BIS is in no way afflitated with this.

DL:

http://www.filesco.com/download.php?id=D5487A871

looks like the start of TES4 oblivion biggrin_o.gif

Nice idea...give a try smile_o.gif

some of the textures seem to be missing (only a small few) all with all a nice addon

(btw wich SG mission are you talking about i love SG missions so i must have missed it tounge2.gif )

some of the textures seem to be missing (only a small few) all with all a nice addon

(btw wich SG mission are you talking about i love SG missions so i must have missed it tounge2.gif )

Thanks for the mirror Stavanger smile_o.gif .

Ah not again the missing textures, I thought I had checked every single p3d,

the problem was that I forgot to delete the P: prefix so it would load the textures not from the addon pbo but from my folder at drive P: , but I did go you through the files and deleted it.

I found the missing p3d, a P:/ prevented it from loading the right textures... whistle.gif

http://www.filesco.com/download.php?id=334F29271

and here the other thing:

http://www.filesco.com/download.php?id=85BECFFA1

I'd be interested in a Stargate mission! I didn't get the opportunity to see your thread.

Will you consider continuing with a Stargate mission?

This map with zombies will look hella scary! pistols.gif

Man, great! This addong came to me from heaven!

CANNOT LOAD MISSION: There are no addons: BH_pyramids

WTF is that?

This looks useful for a mission or two I'm trying to put together. Could you put together a fallout shelter/command center themed addon while you're at it, please? I just know there'd be uses for one of those...

Man, great! This addong came to me from heaven!

CANNOT LOAD MISSION: There are no addons: BH_pyramids

WTF is that?

bhpyramid.pbo by Bierrolt

Not by me and not in this file but needed for the example mission. Get it here:

http://members.home.nl/b.hidding/SG/

wink_o.gif

@supergruntsb78

"The other thing" I posted is the stargate mission, it needs some more addons though, links in the readme file.

@ofpdeadeye

Thanks for the mirror, did you added the updated pbo?

As I see there are actually Stargate Fans besides the SG assault forums whistle.gif

you may like to add the stargate mission to the tomb news / in sp missions ( http://www.filesco.com/download.php?id=85BECFFA1 ). Maybe you could also edit the author to icewind.123 (note to me: stay with one nickname , because if anyone wants to contact me over arma.info, I have a account under that name there). Thanks smile_o.gif .

@Brakes

It shouldn't be that much of a problem with the right textures and samples (if you have some links of pictures please link them smile_o.gif ) the only thing is that to make the AI use the structures

you would either have

to create a big structure so you can define AI paths which make the AI actually be able to move in it or use the groundlevel as the floor, which works ok, but not on narrow paths (AI will walk right through the structure crazy_o.gif ).

If using the groundlevel as floor the single parts of the structure can be small so it's very

easy to add variety to the whole structure, AI can walk through the whole complex. I could add a "fallout vault floor" texture in some part of cataworld.

When "pre-building" the structure in O2 you can create second levels to where AI will be able to walk to.

Sorry if this sounds somewhat itchy but I don't know how to cut it further (it's getting late). I think I can solve it though by adding longer floors, this way AI could walk further.

I'm also working on a sewer system (one structure, the basic outlines are done, need to add pipes, ventilation shafts... (could show O2 screens but my (terrible scratched) ArmA DVD is hiding from me, can't find it), might find some use in fallout-themed missions.