Sign in to follow this  
thesun

Land Rover Defender 110

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Python Art Studio's

LAND ROVER DEFENDER 110 PACK

beta v0.5

Hi all, I'd like to anounce that We've released Land Rover Defender pack beta.

This was intendet to be a part of our (Python Art Studio) Army of Czech Republic Mod.

Here's something from the readme:

Quote[/b] ]

**I** Basic info

This pack contains four LAND ROVER DEFENDER 110 versions (two armed, two soft-top) which were

meant to be part of our Army of Czech Republic project. Since we decided to put our work more

or less on hold and wait for ArmA2, due to our real life situations and other reasons, I'd like

to release what was (at least a bit) finished on my rovers. So, I removed all markings from

them to make their use more versatile and fixed some bugs.

**II** The content

Vehicle names...................................and classes

Land Rover Defender 110 TSN_LR110V1

Land Rover Defender 110 (2) TSN_LR110V2

Land Rover Defender 110 (DShKM) TSN_LR110SF1

Land Rover Defender 110 (AGS-17) TSN_LR110SF2

Vehicle weapon names............................and classes

PKT PKT_TSN

DShKM DSHKM_TSN

AGS-17 AGS17_TSN

Magazines names.................................and classes

PKT 250rnd_PKT_TSN

DShKM 100Rnd_DSHKM_TSN

AGS-17 29Rnd_AGS17_TSN

**III** Installation

Unpack the *.rar you've downloaded and place both the TSN_lr.pbo and the TSN_LR.pbo.TSN.bisign

into your ArmA AddOn folder. Required version is 1.08.

For example:

F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns

That's about it.

**IV** Credits

Model...................TheSun

Textures................TheSun, jagy

Betatest................Martinius

Other members for support and vital info. Especially MAA from CSLA.

**V** DISCLAIMER

All of the pepole using this AddOn should realise that it was'n meant to be released at this

stage of develpment so although some fo you may think it's good it isn't. Mainly beacuse

there is no sense in continuing working on something that would have no future use fo our Mod

as we'll be continuing our work for ArmA2. There will be no other versions released and most

probably no improvements on this one.

Also we take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used neither as a part neither

whole in any commercial product.

To add some more info, it is fully textured with all LODs, WMIK rovers have two working turrets and all off them have functional damper and damage system.

You'll find it under Independent->TSN Land Rover.

There are some minor things missing here and there as well as some texture could use a reworking but as i wrote, there's will nto be any more work on them from my side.

If there is any serious interest in using these in a Mod I'm willing to give my .psd texture at it's disposal. But as i wrote, only serious teams or addon makers, because i don't want any lousy kit-bashed versions flying around.

///////////////////////////

Pics

///////////////////////////

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

/////////////////////////

Links

/////////////////////////

Download@edisk.cz

Download@filefront.com

Download@Rapidshare

Download@eprison.de ...thanks to Stavanger

Download@Armaholic.com .....thanks to El nino Foxhound

Have Fun!

TheSun smile_o.gif

very well done there. I am really loving the textures and the modesl.

These are superb especially the open versions . thumbs-up.gif

Is there a woodland skin version? Ok I guess your done with them for now, but a quick "green" paint job would be sweet.

Thanks for the mirror Stavanger! thumbs-up.gif

Yay, Land Rovers!

These look great mate. I've been looking forward to trying them for a while. smile_o.gif

Yay, Land Rovers!

These look great mate. I've been looking forward to trying them for a while. smile_o.gif

Yes these look really good! Im like the half top version!

The WMIK's or what is the correct Czech name for it? Looks very

well kitted out. But isnt it a bit low on the wheels?

Very very well done!

downloading...! smile_o.gif

When I drop this in a mod folder a and start up ArmA with SLX running, I get an error pop up on the main menu. It seems this conflicts with something in the SLX weapons config file. If I hit enter and try to move on to the editor, I get another error pop up except the error meesage is in regards to an ak74u. (The main menu error was an m4aim.) When I hit enter to move on and open up the mission i just started making upon hitting preview an error about SLX weaponscfg pops up again.

Can anyone else confirm any errors with this addons and SLX?

I'll post more about the messages when I have time, but I just wanted to bring this up.

If compatability with SLX is truely an issue with this addons, I do hope the creators could fix this before closing off work on this vehicles.

I tried it with out SLX and there was no problems so I also would like to say thank you for this excellent new ride. It's incredibly fun and fits in perfect for my upcoming missions. Hopefully the SLX thing is on my end and easily fixable cause I'd very much love to use your new vehicle very soon.

Thanks again for this great vehicle. biggrin_o.gif

nice work. I like 110's in RSOV modification (dark green/black camo). Are you planning it ?

TheSun, ncie work, finally some good looking land rover. Much better then BIS Land Rover wink_o.gif

Thanks for all the comments guys. About future versions...i commented it in the readme and stays at that, sorry to dissapoint some of you.

@Manzilla

Dunno what's causing it, to be honest i tried it only with CWR, CSLA3(internal beta) and QG.

WOOHOO!! Been waitin for these since i saw those screenshots in the screen shot thread...... pistols.gif

TheSun,

Thanks for the reply. Maybe someone can figure it out sometime. It's a great vehicle regardless of the SLX issues.

EDIT:

Has anyone tried this with SLX? Maybe somebody with the knowledge could help me get these beasts working correctly with SLX Mod. My expertise is limited but with some help, maybe we could get this working with SLX. For personal use at first and then possibly pending discussion and approval from Python Art Studio's, a public hotfix.

Of course, this all depends on whether or not my issue with SLX and these LR's is specific to just me or to SLX in general. I haven't seen any confirmation that this truly has a conflict with SLX or if I'm missing something and the problem is all mine.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

TheSun,

Thanks for the reply. Maybe someone can figure it out sometime. It's a great vehicle regardless of the SLX issues.

EDIT:

Has anyone tried this with SLX? Maybe somebody with the knowledge could help me get these beasts working correctly with SLX Mod. My expertise is limited but with some help, maybe we could get this working with SLX. For personal use at first and then possibly pending discussion and approval from Python Art Studio's, a public hotfix.

Of course, this all depends on whether or not my issue with SLX and these LR's is specific to just me or to SLX in general. I haven't seen any confirmation that this truly has a conflict with SLX or if I'm missing something and the problem is all mine.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

sounds like a cfg weapons problem..

crazy_o.gif

hello

very nice addon - btw. if i want to place an unit beside the driver, what "moveIn..." command @editor i have to write?

thx in advance

greetz

hello

very nice addon - btw. if i want to place an unit beside the driver, what "moveIn..." command @editor i have to write?

thx in advance

greetz

unitname MoveInTurret [vehiclename,[0]]

or

unitname MoveInTurret [vehiclename,[1]]

I haven't tested to see whether turret 1 or 0 is the commander's pintle or the ring-mount though.

Explanation of the moveinturret command is here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/moveInTurret