Sign in to follow this  
thy_raven

Jumping/warping AI

The problem i have is the AI warping/jumping when viewed at a distance or say through a sniper scope. doesn't really effect average play but makes life hell for snipers or tank gunners.

Is there any fix out there for the warping? i've tried fiddling with the minerrortosend, i've tried fiddling with the min bandwidth and i've tried fiddling with the maxsizenongarenteed. none of these seem to effect the warping at all really.

Any help on this would be wholly appreciated, as its really killing the game play for snipers and tank gunners.

Many thanks

Raven

Other than indeed changing/tweaking those settings on the server until it reaches a level everyone can live with and without stressing the server/clients to much there is not much you can do I fear.

At least not to my knowledge, if there is a solution out there I want to know it too smile_o.gif

I have played on other peoples servers and if I saw they had some accaptable level of warping I often contacted the server owner to see if he wanted to share his settings (together with hardware/connection, etc) just so I could compare.

"minerrortosend" in the server-config should be set at least half of the value that it has in default.

Regards, Christian

I wouldnt be surprised if there are a lot of people not playing multiplayer because of this problem as it ruins it for me totally.Enemies constantly warp all over the place I have read other posts on here about the person hosting the game runs perfectly but the clients all experience the warping.I just hope there is a solution to this so i can play multiplayer and enjoy it.I dont expect any game to run lag free but with low ping and low amount of other players i reckon it should be a bit smoother.

i have min error to send set at about 0.001 and still i get warping, have even tried 0.00001 and still the same, it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference, not for my anyway.

This can also be caused by low FPS on the server. Use '#monitor 5' to see what the FPS is. If it gets down to 15 or so, its warpy-time.