Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM-HAC Progress Report (3rd upcoming release)

The new units look excellent. I always love your work. Amongst my favorites for sure. I just hope there is XEH compatibility for this pack. Your work is too good to have it conflict with non-XEH compatible, I would be in tears if I couldn't use the new content while playing with the SLX Mod.

Keep up the beautiful work and thanks for the new pictures. biggrin_o.gif

Hi manzilla, we have corrected the UH-1 incompatibility issue and since in the upcoming release we haven't really used any new eventhadles we hope no new problem will arise. biggrin_o.gif

_mainframe @ June 01 2008,03:50)]Hi manzilla, we have corrected the UH-1 incompatibility issue and since in the upcoming release we haven't really used any new eventhadles we hope no new problem will arise. biggrin_o.gif

Thank you gentleman! Now this is truly fantastic.

Well guys I need your help now regarding the U.S. painting scheme of our UH-1H huey. Can anyone post here some links showing the current painting scheme ? I'm not telling you that I'll make it exacty the same, especially if it is complicated, but at least I'll have a clear picture of what is needed to be like.

Please ... as ArmA is a .. modern warfare simulator ... post only newest painting schemes and not from Vietnam era.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Well guys I need your help now regarding the U.S. painting scheme of our UH-1H huey. Can anyone post here some links showing the current painting scheme ? I'm not telling you that I'll make it exacty the same, especially if it is complicated, but at least I'll have a clear picture of what is needed to be like.

Please ... as ArmA is a .. modern warfare simulator ... post only newest painting schemes and not from Vietnam era.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

This is how I remember them. There may be a more recent paint scheme but I'm not the best one to ask. Maybe one of the community members that was in Iraq more recently could provide a better picture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Uh-1n_takeoff.JPG

As far as I know the UH-1H is not in use anymore. It is onky used by the National Guard. And they use a olive drab camo.

pi20060718c2.jpg

National Guard soldiers on exercise

Thats right but don't forget about remanufactured and upgraded UH-1Y wink_o.gif

Hueys had different camo variants during time.

pic Huey 1

pic Huey 2

What about typical HWM camo? Imho this would fit better with all other greek army stuff.

Yup, my apologies for not stating that in my post. I probably should have mentioned that I was refering to the Marine UH-1N variant paint scheme, and not that I remember seeing a UH-1H with that paint job in the field back in 2003. Thanks for mentioning this FischKopp.

That said, although a modern and fielded camo scheme may not be possible for a UH-1H. I would have no objections to HWM bending the laws of realism a bit by releasing a UH-1H with that camo from the wiki picture of the UH-1N. The OD Nat Guard variant would be nice as well. Personally, I'm fond of both paint jobs.

i believe that it will be also good to have the markings, example how is the tail flag, or the numbers (number of digits) etc, i think that all that info and maybe more will be good to have.

And to give something that will have almost ready and we will intend to include with this realise.

UH-1H as cargo transport.

With a phrase. This huey can carry weapons/magazines, but in a possible realistic way.

Guys I need to see the markings not the base color smile_o.gif

Guys I need to see the markings not the base color smile_o.gif

Modern detail placements may be difficult for the UH-1H as once they are out of service or Nat Guard they get OD green. I'll see what I can find for detailed marking of the UH-1N, if that will suit your needs?

Here at ft Campbell all we have are blackhawks. The TN nasty girls that stre thier aircraft here also use blackhawks. So a current in service pic will be difficult to ger other than a USMC one. I think they use a different version though. Yhere is one here in a basic olove drap paint scheme parked as a static display. I will take some photos for you, see if they can help.

keep up the good work, the project looks awesome

Eddie

Ok gents,

As you saw in the video that sparky took from beta test we have made the base for the system.

Yesterday we concluded to the main dialog GUI and added some cool features (not core but mostly graphic enchantments)

so it will probably be something like this tounge2.gif

arma2008-06-1312-40-26-71.jpg

More here

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums....-82.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums....-06.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums....-68.jpg

Until now we don't have any scripting error which is always good and we are working in order to predict and eliminate any possible exploit on the system.

So summarizing on what this thing is doing.

In order to load-move weapons you have to be pilot and have near you any BIs ammo crate or stock just like real life.

Loading and unloading menu is available thought the user action menu on the right.

A mission maker does not have to provide anything and more over he can determine which ammo boxes will place choosing his intended weapon / mag inventory and thus making the system more usable and more mission defined.

Ammo and weapons are restricted according to ammo crates capacity and also UH-1 carrying capabilities so nobody can carry 1000 missiles at a time.

There is a battlefield logistics error here since the ammo in Head Quarters will be unlimited but unfortunately the game engine can not subtract from cargo inventory's.We are trying to overcome this issue so as usual commends and ideas from community are always welcomed biggrin_o.gif

Finishing an other cool feature we discovered yesterday is that every time you put another box in cargo there is a change in geometry thus making the heli more heavy and difficult to control.

So don't overload if you are intending to go into a hot zone rofl.gif

So as we are waiting for Aplion to retrieve from his ship recked pc goodnight.gif and finalize the UH-1 U.S. painting schemes we hope we will make more progress with cargo heli and "crossing fingers" we will not have any problem with it in dedicated MP banghead.gif

Note here that despite pack 3 is beta tested as always this specific chapter/ function will be released as Alpha in order to get feedback from community and off coarse shorten the release date.

Cheers

Ok guys,

One final preview from me for the upcoming release.

UH1 and M60D binarized  and ready 100% to take off, don't forget to fill it up with gas it is expensive these days  tounge2.gif

Check photos bellow

-us version

UH1usa.jpg

or

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z96/wind81/UH1us.jpg

-US Vietnam era collectibles (courtesy of REdEvil)

UH1us4f.jpg

UH1us3d.jpg

UH1us2-1.jpg

or

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z96/wind81/UH1us2.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z96/wind81/UH1us3.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z96/wind81/UH1us4.jpg

those vietnam birds are superb for mercenary units deploed to Sahrani (why do i always want to write Nogova?)

those vietnam birds are superb for mercenary units deploed to Sahrani (why do i always want to write Nogova?)

No doubt, that sounds like a hell of an idea.

God I love the HWM UH-1's. I can't play a mission with out one. At first glance the new versions look like quite an upgrade. I look forward to giving them a go.

indeed there is an upgrade but not visualy (except the fact that these versions use the M60D instead of the MG3).

In this version and after the BIS MLODs release we have learned something new...

and the best improvement is that the uh1h now uses the rear flap improving the flight model, in vertical dives.

An other fix in this upcoming pack is that the camo net, on leopard now shuld be visible in all MP clients. (we get rid of the setobject texture function - not MP comatible) and we use animation to make the camo net.

But i believe soon very soon you will be able to verify it yourselves.. biggrin_o.gif