Ghost08

23rd Ground Division

23rd Mechanized Brigade

Either Conquer or Die!

http://www.23rd-hq.com

Background Information

The 23rd Mechanized Brigade is a

Purpose of the 23rd Mechanized Brigade

The 23rd Ground Division, mainly focuses on Realism and Role-Play, trying to create a good balance between both of them in order,

to create the best possible experience for it's members. Bases on both British and Us tactics the 23rd Mechanized Brigade brings you

through a though Training Program, teaching you the most essential skills from Navigation training to marksmanship, in order to prepare

you for full Combat duty within the Brigade

Structure of the 23rd Ground Division

The 23rd Mechanized Brigade is based on a Company sized unit, here is a example how it looks like:

Charlie Company (HeadQuarters)

9th Platoon (Infantry)(1 Section, 2 Section, 3 Section, Recce)

4th Platoon (Support)(Division Armoured Troop, Mobile Transport and Logistics and 236 Flight Squadron)

In command of the unit is the Captain (Capt) helped by the 1st Lieutenant (lt),

Both platoons are led by a 2nd Lieutenant (2Lt) and is assisted by a Colour Sergeant (C/Sgt)

the Infantry sections are led by a Corporal (Cpl) and assisted by a Lance Corporal (L/Cpl)

The Chain of Command (CoC) is very important within our unit, without it the Officers would be loaded with tasks that a NCO or even a Private

also can do or solve.

Training

The 23rd Mechanized Brigade holds a training session every night at +-21:00 GMT

Our current Training Program:

This Training is to be done by all members of the 23rd Mechanized Brigade no mather which role you fullfill within the Division, at the end of the day

you are still a soldier, that's why we find it important that everyone has the same basic knowledge.

Uniform Training

Basic Training

* Introduction

* Chain Of Command And Unit Structure

* Communications

* Orientation

* Navigation (Day / Night)

Equipment Oriantation

* Infantry Weapons

* Anti-Tank Weapons

* Vehicles

This Training Program is to be conducted by all Infantry members

Corps Specified Training

Basic Infantry Training

* MachinGun

* Anti-Tank Weapons

* Grenade Launcher

* Basic Formations

Advanced Infantry Training #1

* FireTeam Formations

* Combat in Open Environment

* Combat in Urban Environment

(to be updated)

How to join the 23rd Mechanized Brigade

There are some requirements you need to have in order to be accepted within the Brigade:

Atleast 16 years old

Willing to play atleast 3 out of 7 days

Having Teamspeak

Having a Mic

A legal copy of Armed Assault (QG is not required but is a pre)

If you have all the requirments go down to: http://www.23rd-hq.com and click on the Join Us! tab.

If you do not know if you want to join or just want to have some more information, pop on our Teamspeak and have a word with one of our NCO or Officers

Contact Information

You can contact the 23rd Mechanized Brigade on several ways:

HeadQuarters: hq@23rd-hq.com

the Commanding Officers:

Captain Ghost: ghost_rgj@hotmail.com or decort23rd@hotmail.com

1st Lieutenant Gamble: d88.gamble@gmail.com

Teamspeak: 91.186.24.106:8784 password: bold

Gameserver: Filter 23rd

NEWS 17-05-2008

The 23rd Ground Division is setting up a inter-clan tournament. All Fire-Teams and sections will attend in this fireteam to fight for title: Best Fireteam of the 23rd Ground Division, would you like to fight also in this tournament then sign up at http://www.23rd-hq.com.

NEWS 17-05-2008

The 23rd Ground Division Command Staff is glad to show the 23rd Ground Divisions own DPM units (thanks to RMHerbal). Here is a little sneak peak of our units:

arma2008051415390845sv1fz3.jpg

NEWS 21-05-2008

The 23rd Ground Division is successfully updated to 1.14 patch, to have a game on our server filter 23rd.

If the server is locked, please join our Teamspeak server to get it unlocked.

Have Fun,

Ghost

Did you guys ask permission from the original leaders of the 23rd to 'restart' it? I am not sure you can restart a unit without any of the original people in place, as surely you are then just trying to use a well known name to get more players.

We do acctually.. if you had done some research you should have known that the 23rd Ground Division was restarted about 1 year ago. If you have any problems contact me on PM and not this thread.

We do acctually.. if you had done some research you should have known that the 23rd Ground Division was restarted about 1 year ago. If you have any problems contact me on PM and not this thread.

Ah right, because I was an NCO in the 23rd for about a year and a half - back when it was run by Q, Smiley, Griff - and I don't recognise any of you. Or the people who 'restarted' it one year ago.

PM sent smile_o.gif

Edited to add: I was also a member up until about a month before it disbanded, and am currently talking to one of the people who WAS there when it disbanded... funny neither of us recognise any of your current members.

Normally I would not post in a public area, but I would like the community to see the following PM I received:

Quote[/b] ]Somewere in 2007 i can't recall the direct date.. the 23rd Ground Division was founded by me (Terror later de Cort as we changed to our last names).. i tried to get some old members back but since 80% was with the rifles there were not many members. Q and Smiley played with us for a while. Also Smookie (who is still with us under the name Smoweski) was there at the time.

But what i do not understand, why do you care now as the 23rd Ground Division is now ''running'' again for over a year. I want to point you to http://smookie.org/23rd/ the old 23rd Ground Division website before we changed it.

Signed,

Captain Ghost

P.S. we got premission from Q(uestor), Smiley, Viper and Griff. Also do not spam our Recruitment thread but do it over PM instead.

I am currently speaking to both Griff and Smiley, I regularly speak to Q and Viper has stated his dismay at seeing this.

Please can you not tell lies in order to try and claim the name of such a well respected old unit, as this is putting the 23rd name to shame. I know the 'old' website was made by smookie, however Smookie was not a leader of the original 23rd. The REAL old website which was www.23rd-div.com which was owned and run by myself, plus the domain previous to that (dating back 5-6 years) is where the real original website was, not the copy made by smookie.

I believe the leaders of the 23rd will be in contact with you shortly to discuss this further.

EDIT: If you check this website - http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.23rd-div.com - you can see the domain was registered in 2005, after I joined. Click on '2003' and then click the bottom buttons to see the members, and notice none of the leaders have approved of this.

I don't remember any of the names mentioned giving you permission to use the name.

I was also there up until it disbanded, i was with the 23rd for about 2 and a half years.

Just to make people aware, this 23rd unit does not reflect the old Operation Flashpoint unit that was highly respected and successful.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to stop them using the name, its just one of those things.

Please be aware, that this is a totally separate unit from the existing operation flashpoint unit that ran for over 3 years.

Problem sort of resolved.

The above unit should not be in anyway linked to the [23rd] GD of OFP, which was setup by Raynor and run by Questor, they have no links to that history and are similar only in name.

Problem unresolved.

This unit is the 23rdGD in name only.

They have absolutely no links whatsoever with the original 23rd ran by Raynor and Questor.

Unfortunately we have no power to make them change their name. We shouldn't have to make them, as any other unit would change its name out of courtesy. However, they are very protective of a name that isn't theirs.

The old 23rd advises the community to bear all of the above in mind when dealing with them in the future.

We would also like to point out that all the original [23rd] Ground Division members playing ArmA are currently playing with the Rifles Gaming Community, who, endorsed by Colonel Questor, are the real successors to the [23rd] name and legacy.

Charlie

As you can see , the [23rd] meant a lot to quite a few people. Noone has anything against you guys as a unit, but the [23rd] really was more than just another clan.

ex [23rd] Cpl Daniel RET

EDIT: Issue NOT RESOLVED.

I must say I don't agree with this clan being allowed (community wise) to be called 23rd, they resemble no one of the old squad in whom I had many a JO with (and must I say, Colonel Quester was by far the funniest guy I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, one line I remember stuck in my head.

"Good game chaps, we should do it again some time!"

Upon seeing this thread I instantly associated with the original (OFP) 23rd squad, and feel this is just a cheap way to use a respected name to recruit, change it 33rd or something.

Rommz,

EDIT: And hell, if you don't even do drill/parade on Saturdays, how dare you call yourself the 23rd. tounge2.gif

Rommel, thanks a lot for the great comment. We genuinely appreciate it wink_o.gif. Completely sums it all up.

Glad to see that some members of the wider community remember the real [23rd] and understand why we're doing this.

TBH, i think anyone can be called the [23rd]... You guys were called the The Rifles these guys are the 23rd Ground Devision, Im not sure how you guys origionally setup your clan name but in my eyes its differnt to what you had.

Oki from what i just gathered 23rd Ground Devision Disbanded a long time ago opening the name up for anyone to use requadless of old memories.. Becuase if the clan name doesnt exciste no more its open for others too take. And when "The Rifles" started up it wasnt with the name 23rd Ground Devision so what really is all this fuss about.

Incorrect, the name is still being used and was never officially disbanded or handed over.

You people are just getting mad at each other because of a few words, stop being like babys and grow up ffs.

Act like adults not like kids in school.

Hawke, I'm afraid it is you that are being babies over a few words. The name is ours, and you seem to be very protective of that name ever though it isn't yours... strange.

All the original [23rd] websites are still up...

Instead of disbanding, the 23rd was formally handed over to Capt Viper by Q. There was never any official message of disbandment...

As a result, members of the community, who are now in the current '23rd' picked, up on this and started up a [23rd] of their own.

That's the full story. The main problem is that their newer generation of members have been kept completely in the dark about this, and many insist that they themselves represent the original [23rd].

What is more, the made use of the old 23rd's own recruitment posts and training ideas. Although this has been resolved, they still refuse to acknowedge the fact that their clan name, and their clan idea, is not their own. It is ours.

As for the Rifles, it is merely a branch-off from the original [23rd] set up by Griff. The 23rd carried on after this happened under Q until the above happened.

That is the full picture of the issue. I'm not going to spam their recruitment threadany more. Our position is clear.

Yeah, i see where ya going, but we are just fighing over words.

Seems a bit stupid to me.

Well rules #1#2#3 have already been broken...  huh.gif id be carefull...

Quote[/b] ]

Due to unnecessary bumping, bickering and threads being used as an extension to squad/team/clan forums. The following rules are now inplace.

1. Each squad/team/clan will have one thread and one thread only.

2. Each thread can contain post concerning your group team or squad, these could be things like announcing new recruiting, announcing training or competitions or new server software or things like that.

3. If you have something new to add, edit your EXISTING thread.

Advertising your squad/team/clan here on the Bohmemia Interative Forums is a privilege not a right.

Breaking or abusing rules #2 and #3 might result in your posting rights being pulled.

Im guessing this thread can be locked then as its clear old school 23rd still excists.

The official Bohemia Interactive forums are not to be publicly used to resolve disagreements between parties and for the sake of the forums and the community as a whole we ask that people resolve such disagreements in private.