Sign in to follow this  
fromz

Huge earthquake, impressive military rescue

Huge earthquake in China rencent days,

Very heavy casualties, but even more touching is the Chinese 1.4 billion people make concerted efforts and the military's rapid rescue:

2008051408472962930.jpg

20080514084738bf68c.jpg

10418034.jpg

10407448.jpg

10412954.jpg

These are our troops, people's soldiers. That's why we call them "People's Liberation Army",

We thanks our troops very much in this war.

More than 5000 airborne soldiers have to jumped to the mountain rocks and near dangerous trees at low visibility, in high winds, heavy rain, and run into more than 2000 earthquake aftershocks to rescue by threr hands (No road and no heavy rescue machine can arrive there now)

When first 100 well-trained airborne soldiers jumped, 4 sacrificed, 10 missed, 15 injured...

More than 50000 PLA soldiers and militiamen are in rescue, more and more troops on the way.

With no good condition roads angmore, many of them they have to go over mountains to the epicenter 50km away on foot through night in bad weather, and more than 30 hours without rest. Our prime minister Mr.wen near the epicenter to command and  more than 40 hours without sleeping.

http://cimg20.163.com/cnews/2008/5/14/200805140816149e469.jpg

http://cimg21.163.com/cnews/2008/5/14/20080514081626da26b.jpg

http://cimg21.163.com/cnews/2008/5/14/20080514125436c1732.jpg

http://cimg20.163.com/cnews/2008/5/14/2008051412482847082.jpg

http://cimg20.163.com/cnews/2008/5/14/200805141253546ff63.jpg

http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/attachments/Mon_0805/39_66_21b5573df823b05.jpg

http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/attachments/Mon_0805/39_66_53f0831b5ef606f.jpg

http://news.cctv.com/20080514/images/1210738654342_1210738654342_r.jpg

International help (=supplies) should be on it's way already, hopefully it does even some good to those who survived and got rescued.

Burma is in need of help as well, helpers has to split resources for two disaster-zones. sad_o.gif

I hope they can save as many as possible, especially those kids buried under the collapsed school sad_o.gif

The fast response of the PLA is impressive and should definitely become an example to the rest of the world.

My sincere apologies to the victims of this terrible earth quake.

Regards,

TB

The fast response of the PLA is impressive and should definitely become an example to the rest of the world.

My sincere apologies to the victims of this terrible earth quake.

Regards,

TB

idd, and i belive in future buildings like schools/hospitals all should be make quake proof. smile_o.gif Saftey First.

R.I.P to those that perished.

An example for Burma who have now excluded nearly all foreign journalists and aid workers.

yes yes , that's pretty good , but if that earthquake would have happent in Japan how many deads would we talking about now? probably even the 5% of the total deads in China. The truth is that all those victims would be alive now if the buildings in China would have more quality , it's a shame that a whole school felt down killing 500 children inside, Someone in China should take responsabilities for that , ',ve got the impression that for the Chinesse goverment the lifes of its people are pretty cheap

edit : an army is never a people's army , it's always a goverment army. This time they are saving lifes of its people , some years ago they killed hundreds of unarmed people in "tian an meng" square, i think it was the same army.

There are many valid reasons to disapprove and criticize the current chinese gouvernement, but nonethless, the fast deployment of the chinese troops is exemplary, and specifically when you compare this event to some previous ones where people had to wait during weeks before they receive the first rescue and aid supplies.

Regards,

TB

yes yes , that's pretty good , but if that earthquake would have happent in Japan how many deads would we talking about now? probably even the 5% of the total deads in China. The truth is that all those victims would be alive now if the buildings in China would have more quality , it's a shame that a whole school felt down killing 500 children inside, Someone in China should take responsabilities for that , ',ve got the impression that for the Chinesse goverment the lifes of its people are pretty cheap

edit : an army is never a people's army , it's always a goverment army. This time they are saving lifes of its people , some years ago they killed hundreds of unarmed people in "tian an meng" square, i think it was the same army.

That's a stupid argument.

You reckon it's easy to provide structurally sound buildings for a population of 1.3 billion people? Japan has a GDP per capita of around $38,000, China's on the other hand is only around $3,000. The two nations can't be compared in their ability to provide their people with first-world living standards since only one of them is in and advanced economic state.

Additionally, Japan is situated in the vicinity of several tectonic boundaries making earthquakes a very common occurance throughout the country. As a nation they have an advanced system of disaster response, and construction takes place in all areas with earthquake survivability in mind due to the fact that the whole country is at a high risk of quakes and volcanic activity. It's unreasonable to expect China to implement extensive measures such as Japan's, when earthquakes are considerably rarer there.

edit : an army is never a people's army , it's always a goverment army. This time they are saving lifes of its people , some years ago they killed hundreds of unarmed people in  "tian an meng" square, i think it was the same army.

That's a stupid argument.

You reckon it's easy to provide structurally sound buildings for a population of 1.3 billion people? Japan has a GDP per capita of around $38,000, China's on the other hand is only around $3,000. The two nations can't be compared in their ability to provide their people with first-world living standards since only one of them is in and advanced economic state.

Additionally, Japan is situated in the vicinity of several tectonic boundaries making earthquakes a very common occurance throughout the country. As a nation they have an advanced system of disaster response, and construction takes place in all areas with earthquake survivability in mind due to the fact that the whole country is at a high risk of quakes and volcanic activity. It's unreasonable to expect China to implement extensive measures such as Japan's, when earthquakes are considerably rarer there.

pretty much what i want to say

all i hope is that everyone would remember it and start to correct the fault that have been made through years

I'am in awe of the quake and what China is going through the new childrens' virus that has infected over 14,000 people as well as the Tibetan problems now this the olympics will be something lost in history compared to these things. Scientists that have been warning US government of the inevitable Reno quake that will arrive within 14 years in california that China's quake is an example of a worse case scenario for that quake.