Sign in to follow this  
trinder1

DPM NEW ZEALAND TROOPS Version 1.02

PASGT Helmets are standard issue for the New Zealand Army

4f73b343-3493-4cb4-b444-48df5967d808.jpg

How DARE you take a project I have spent nearly 12 months on, and pass it off as your own! Shame on you Hayden (CRASH). That C130 is what I have been working on at USEC for the past twelve months, and I have the source files to prove it. I challenge you to do the same.

The version of the C130 that is displayed there is simple a reskinned version of the USEC C130 that I have been developing in secret, mainly because I don't like to announce my projects until they are near completion - out of respect to users. That version is NOT near completion, and the only reason they have been able to rip off the files is that it cannot be binarized due to a major problem with the geometry. It is a very early working version with many, many issues - causing major lagspikes in game.

Here is a screenshot from the VMA Forums:

C1302-1.jpg

Here is a screenshot from inside 3DS Max (my source files) too prove my point:

usec_c130_1.jpg

I am far too upset right now to continue posting, but I am now forced to announce the project myself which I will do in another topic. As the VMA are hosted in New Zealand (where I live and work as a Producer at a computer game company), I will be sending them a letter from my lawyer in the morning. Some of the content that is in my WIP C130 is sourced from commercial works that I PAID considerable money for, others is sourced with permission from other areas.

I cannot emphasis enough how DEEPLY hurt I am by this, and I considering abandoning my own project. CRASH (aka. Hayden) was a member of USEC, who was dismissed some time ago. I simply cannot believe that someone would so blatently take someone elses work and present it as their own. Clearly, those involved with this project have never done any serious modding work themselves or they would appreciate how damaging and offensive it is to pass off someone elses unfinished work as their own. I also resent the language that CRASH uses to describe me and my work on there forums (click here to view it) - they edited the post, so here is the google cache

I suppose now I have to officially announce and describe the project, and considering its state and my morale its not a prospect I relish.

Truely, shame on you all for stealing someone elses work! I will post more pictures, in my OWN topic, when I have recovered from ow upset I am right now...

Nasty. Both parties will want to sort this out before the mods arrive.

Quote[/b] ]I believe the nz and australian armies both use the PASGT unless things have changed recently.

Perhaps the Kiwis do, but (although I can't speak for the liners themselves since I'm in about the most rear support unit there is) the ECH (Enhanced Combat Helmet) is to become the standard protective headgear in the field for our (Aussie) green machine. It's essentially a septic MICH refitted to our specs.

ECH Gallery

EDIT - The helmet used in the default BLUFOR units isn't a PASGT, by the way, it's an LWMH (Light Weight Marine Helmet). I too was confused at first. smile_o.gif

Checkout this link

Clearly, they had a great deal of trouble getting my model retextured.

Also, their comment that they will "beg, bortrow, and steal" from other peoples mods is chilling... it makes me sick

Heres some further screen shots of our USEC C130 in action which is soon to be released pre alpha to the community.

usec_c130_5.jpg

usec_c130_6.jpg

usec_c130_4.jpg

I am also very dissapointed with these actions

trinder... you looked like you had some problems with trying to get your reskinned soldiers working so I gave you a hand with templating your config for those soldiers.

I caught a 'very' small sniff in the previous thread that gave me the impression that you possibly didn't ask Plasman before you went ahead and used his re-textures.

Whether this is the case or not seems mute because he appears to give his blessing here in this thread.

However, based on what icemotoboy says above, I'm starting to get the distinct impression that you are not quite aware of some of the etiquette.

Although I offered you some help with your re-skined soldiers I'm afraid that I will no longer be able to provide you or your VMA crew with any assistance, irrespective of whether icemotoboy's allegations are of substance or not.

Umm, i dont see evidence that this is the exact same model. They look very close but considering its meant to be the same plane you cant be surprised with that.

The only way of telling is to put the models side by side in O2 and compare them. Either way its something that should be discussed in Private, I recommend PM's.

Quote[/b] ]Although I offered you some help with your re-skined soldiers I'm afraid that I will no longer be able to provide you or your VMA crew with any assistance, irrespective of whether icemotoboy's allegations are of substance or not.

Err, if it is proven that the C130 is VME's I think this would be an overreaction, just IMO.

Rico

The inside I made completely from scratch, without anything used from any other 3D library. I had seen the images, and while I thought "boy that does look similiar", it wasn't until i came across an image of the interior I realised that it was exactly my model. Also note the alpha texturing problem of the cockpit... look closely on both photos and you can see that there is an alpha sorting problem that is exactly the same.

Ask any serious addon developer on these forums, and you will see that we (and BIS for that matter) take peoples work seriously. Personally, I believe the RKSL C130 is of a higher quality and didn't want mine announced until i was sure I could pull the project off - which is why I am so annoyed.

@RicoADF... whether you think it's an over reation or not is irrelevant.

It is entirely my perrogative too whom I provide assistance and the form that assistance my or may not take.

You are right about one thing... this thread should be closed and any further discussion should be done in private between the parties concerned.

Gentlemen

Thank you for expressing your opinions in regards to the C130 Hercules but unfortunately this mod Plasman and I have created is not a C130 Hercules.

1. Their is no C130 Hercules included in the addon

2. We have not released a C130 Hercules

3. This mod is the New Zealand Troops in a DPM Pattern

What this is related to is USEC have some bad blood with an ex member of their clan.

1. USEC have been trashing our servers in evolution

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">23:49:04 Player [USEC]TheKaing connected (id=xxxxxxxx).

23:51:43 Player Undercover spy connected (id=31338759)

2. USEC members have made inflamed posts on our forums insulting this ex member.

3. USEC are now threatening legal action over an addon we haven't released.

Enough's enough you guys have been at this for 6 months now just leave the guy alone and keep your clan politics off the BIS forums. Synide thanks for your help but due to your disapproval your efforts are in vain as I wont be releasing the completed New Zealand DPM Troops.

465.jpg

I appreciate the released addon is not about the C130, but clearly the C130 was used to gather interest and discussed in this thread. That C130 has been promoted as being developed by yourselves.

I have not threatened legal action, I said you will be getting the standard cease and desist letter that I (as a Producer in the game industry) send out whenever someone samples my work.

To quote the rules of posting in this section (from Placebo):

Quote[/b] ]Any threads discussing addons/mods using content for which applicable permission has not been sought will be closed, people who break this (rather common) courtesy face being banned from these forums, and probably much worse, face being shunned by the community they want to be part of.
(emphasis added)

I have asked that this topic be closed, and the appropriate steps be taken, as my C130 was and is discussed in this thread, and has not been used with permission.

I have asked that this topic be closed, and the appropriate steps be taken, as my C130 was and is discussed in this thread, and has not been used with permission.

What I may suggest is you open a tread abt your C130 elsewhere (if not done already), and trinder1 changes the 1st page's screenshot. And you both calm down. whistle.gif End of the story.

Closing topic until the issue of ownership is resolved.