Sign in to follow this  
hit-man

refuel the tanks of fuel trucks ?

Hi,

i can't remember if it was possible in OFP but how is it in Arma ?

Can you refuel the trucks to support your units again ?

thanks guys

Is the fuel in the refuel truck actually depleting when you service other vehicles. wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Because to be honest Ive never ever tried this, im going to go ingame right after I finish this post to try myself. But Im guessing you need to service half the US army to deplete the fuel in the tanker. < If its at all possible to empty the fuel truck...

Would be nice to be able to refuel the refuel truck's refueling tank at a refueling station! crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

Yes, it seems to be depleting as i can't refuel vehicles after a time anymore. Happy refueling... smile_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

It is not at all unheard of to deplete the fuel reserves of a fuel truck or even a map built-in gas station. The easiest way is to have a fuel source (truck or station) trying to refuel a vehicle with a fuel leak. Fuel flows in and then out at a rapid and constant rate. Quite a nasty bugaboo when recovering vehicles in Evolution missions.

Of course in OFP refueling was a user-initiated process and in ArmA it is a non-optional automatic process, presumably because we all lost 20 IQ points between 2001 and 2006.

Yes, we have also had the same issue with fuel trucks totally running out of fuel after being used in the field for quiet some time.

We have found you cant even refuel a refuel truck again even if you take it to a fuel station in game. So in the end you basically need to disgard the truck.

I think this is also the case for ammo trucks also.

Good to see that i'm not too stupid to get them refilled. smile_o.gif

But as a fan of realism i'm not very happy with it. It should be ok to get them refilled at the gas-stations.

The easiest way might be some kind of addaction attached to all the gas pumps that allowed you to fill gas carriers (and the reverse!wink_o.gif from fuel trucks.