Sign in to follow this  
otk-member

Campaign "Range of Dead"

Campaign developed by sansey aka UgolSkosa

Version:  ArmA 1.08 Queen's Gambit or higher.

Campaign was tested by OTK creative collective.

1s.jpg2s.jpg

3s.jpg4s.jpg

We can only surmise, what interests have clashed on this island country, we can only imagine, how would events had developed, if the government was more complaisant. There's only one thing we can say for sure: all the time you will spend together with a military school cadet, whose fate has thrown him into the thick of things, won't leave you uninterested in release of a new "Range Of Death" campaign.

Addons:

1)AK's and pistol pack by RobertHammer

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2456

Specially for campaign has been made facilitated pack consisting only of guns used in campaign (for those who has a full version it is not necessary)

http://otk-studio.ru/public/files/RH_packs_for_OTK-camp.rar

Flashpoint.ru mirror

Special thanks RobertHammer and AG.

2)OTK-mod - bloody armor by BETEP-OFP

http://otk-studio.ru/public/files/otk_mod.rar

armaholic mirror (@)

Flashpoint.ru mirror

3)Addons included

-beermug.pbo - beer by Crazy Doctor

-Civilians.pbo - Civilians by Mongoose

-NEM_ZOMBIES.pbo - Changed specially for campaign CZM (Crappy Zombie Mod)

-OTK_InvTargets.pbo - invisible targets. Thanks to Lester (lesterpgruber@gmx.de) for original ofp addon concept.

Also thanks to bdfy and Lost.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Campaign "Range of Death" (28.41 Mb)</span>

armaholic mirror (@)

Flashpoint.ru mirror

Campaign voiced by:

[OTK]MODUL

Ink

badger

Shiper007

Hoot

Seaman

Powder

[OTK]Loktew

[OTK]sansey

grifelium

[OTK]SniperGRU

DUHER

[OTK]Lost

[OTK]Bkmz

[OTK]Dragon_KAA

Transcoder

[OTK]ArtGer

Artin

_StinGeR_

Reider

†SLAYER†

[OTK]Voenkom

[OTK]Huligane

[OTK]Neznajka

Necrofil

CasterTroy

Squint

Kaider

Daneeka

Particulary grateful to:

SniperGRU, Wass for restless testing and plot design help.

Lost for scripting support.

Loktew for artistic skills.

BETEP-OFP and Crazy Doctor for special addons.

StumbleR  for translation.

Our web-site: www.otk-studio.ru

OTK and sansey, 2008.

Upsi,..... i am up late and what do i see: New OTK Campaign smile_o.gif

Well i download this tomorrow and will give it a try, i played some of your stuff and it was truely excellent, so i have good faith in this one too !

Thanks to you guys !

Over and out.......

Is that a campaign with zombies ?

I like it smile_o.gif Will try it tonight ! Thanks, OTK always have a high standard of quality.

Malick

Awesome! Thanks guys! inlove.gifsmile_o.gif

OTK Campaigns are alwayse the best ! I hope to see more from you guys in future.

Have Fun smile_o.gif

After playing, please, tell us your opinion. Its impotant to us smile_o.gif

If its as good as the last OTK stuff then im surely will love it.

Saddly the links seem to be dead atm.

I copyed all Addons in the Addon Folder, i copyed the Zombie.pbo to the campaign Folder,..... when i try to start the Campaign my Arma hangs,.... HD is working nothing happens ??

Greets

Hot tip: turn off any sniper replacements you've got on before starting - I didn't, and now everyone in the "cadet" squad has a ghillie suit! rofl.gif

Quite enjoyable, so far, though! I'll write more when I've finished.

when i try to start the Campaign my Arma hangs,.... HD is working nothing happens ??

Greets

Possible, you didnt enable Queen's Gambit extension.

Write in a shotcut -mod=DBE1

btw, do you have Queen's Gambit?

Hot tip: turn off any sniper replacements you've got on before starting - I didn't, and now everyone in the "cadet" squad has a ghillie suit! rofl.gif

All "cadets" has a sniper skin smile_o.gif

We dont have any "cadet" addon, so we use a sniper model.

It does not matter for gameplay.

Finished it. A good, solid campaign. The ending is open to interpretation, but I liked it. Good to see the "evil Americans" ran instead of the usual "evil SLA/Russians <*cough*>" skullduggery, and it showcases quite a few of Robert's AK variants nicely... well, except how frustrating it is trying to hit ANYTHING at more than 50 metres with a buttless AK47!

Good work, and good voice acting, I will say.

I usually dont like the scifi zombie stuff, but for whatever reason; I have to say that I really liked this campaign.

Technically its outstanding compared to the other campaigns/missions out there, I was very Very impressed.

Good work OTK!

I LOVE it ! I like how the ambience is build up and how things evolve, from a small 'revolt' to an all out zombie-survival mayhem !

I particularly love the simple yet nice addons (blood stained vehicles, my best friend). Seeing a BMP2 speeding into a crowd of invading zombies : priceless...

Got bitten hard and turned into a zombie sad_o.gif

Voice acting is correct, but some voices could have been better. I can't tell you which actor or character, as I don't understand russian wink_o.gif

It's one of my favourite campaign, along Rejn's "The Cause".

Malick

I love it ! i'm just in the second mission but it's like you are in terror movie ! the intro is superb , extremely detailed , with the man in the wc biggrin_o.gif , the beers on the tables , the music , all very cinematographic . And the missions are very intense , you can feel the tension in your bones, all those zombis aproaching and you trying to kill them with your butless ak-47 that has so insane recoil that you end up killing some flying chicken in the sky !

talking about chickens , i've failed the second mission because i left my comrades fighting the zombies and i runt away , too tension, too zombies and too few bullets for me i guess biggrin_o.gif

edit: about the translation i think officers should have a little bit more authoritarian voices, they speak like they are apologizing , don't be shy guys ! biggrin_o.gif

any clue to what i did wrong?

possible, you used some sound or effect mod.

Well after spending 9 hours downloading the mission & required addons (Yes, I have the worlds crappiest dialup connection.) I have to say it was time well spent.

Made it all the way to the Island base before I accidentally shot the commander, I've either got to add NVG or wait till tonight when I dont have to fight screen glare (Or just play with my gamma / brightness settings)

The translations aren't perfect but quite good enough and if anything it adds to the game for me, being a cadet in a Soviet-themed army feels better with the broken english than if they were done perfectly if that makes sense.

thumbs-up.gif

**edit**

So once reaching "The real enemy" I've got to say I like how the Player get's beaten down the "Proper path". Every time I thought I was just about to flank the Guy's on the ridge across from where I found the map & radio I get smacked down by scouting patrols or well positioned snipers. crazy_o.gif

Not often I find a mission that forces you down a path like that, as in trying alternatives didn't mess anything up / leave me standing in a cornfield with my AK in one hand and a roll of TP in the other wondering where the heck to go next.

The ending itself was a bit puzzling / abrupt and it's got me hoping this is more of a "teaser" for a much larger Campaign which would wishfully include some dynamic sub-missions like search for supplies, survivors, component elements for a serum etc.

Overall I'd have to say that the involved elements felt really well planned and executed thou it all just leaves me wanting more (In the sense of a longer campaign. biggrin_o.gif ) But then I guess thats what a good campaign should do, make you want to play it more.

Fun stuff

Really great campaign so far. I'm really enjoying it.

KindaKnownSoldier

I had the same problem. I re-downloaded the OTK ak pack and replaced the rh ak and rh de stuff in my addons folder with that (I made a separate addon folder for this campaign) and it fixed the problem. If this isn't very clear let me know over pm and I can explain it a little better.

Great campaign!

Strange. It tested with otk ak pack, and with full pack.. maybe problem in different version of full pack. i don't know.

thank u for positive feedback. it's very important to me.

This campaign is ace! It's like being in 28 Days Later and you used the track from that film which was the icing on the cake for me.

The only bug I encountered was on the mission at Carmen where one of the convoy trucks got stuck at a lampost where they were supposed to turn left. I did a retry and the lamp was gone.

Really good work.

Good job! Nice little campaign. "Broken arrow!!! Broken arrow!!!" Good atmosphere all around the campaing. The bloody bdrm from Hell. inlove.gif

At first i had no sounds with the RH_ak's. But once i replaced the rh_ak's with the OTK_ak's i got the sounds back.

lampost must be gone. special for that stupid ural driver.

i don't know why it not so for the first time (maybe different pc configuration).

wandering bug...