Sign in to follow this  
colonel well

NBC combinaison

Moving. icon_rolleyes.gif

What kind of mask is it? Three filter canisters is very unusual.

huhuhu ! it's my imagination whistle.giftounge2.gif

huhuhu ! it's my imagination  whistle.gif  tounge2.gif

It's up to you, of course, but I'd just invite you to try

imagining aiming your rifle with filters on both sides of your

mask like that... whistle.gif

bs5.jpg

now I need to change the hands textures like this

blackkd5.jpg

but can't fix it , how to do ? I want to put this textures on hands , I try to change textures but don't work huh.gif

Hello All

I am having the same type of problem.

Which LOD should I paste into to add gear onto the legs of a unit.

I have them on 1st LOD, but they are floating in game.

Please help

MajorBlood

Hello, I am also having the same problem as col wells in that I am trying to add a gasmask to the sample BI soldiers (a soviet style soldier). In the sample models released by BI, the was a p3d file "head" that has the model for the mask and I cut and paste it into the SLA soldier model and it is a perfect fit on the model and looks great in buldozer but floats in the middle just like the mask in the pic that col wells posted. I tried to highlight all points of the model and merge the points but the problem still persists. I can't seem to find any solution in forums but if I can find an answer, It will probably be here. BTW, I love the latest NBC soldier released by wells, glad to see that he redesigned the mask to have just one filter.

You have to include the respirator in the appropriate selection group for the head.

@Major Blood and M1947 - Col. Faulkner has given you the answer pertaining to the "floating" gear..

@Major Blood - I suggest looking at the BIS sample models a little harder, if your adding a leg holster, you'll be working in a lot more LOD's than just the 1st LOD...but it is a good place to start wink_o.gif

Im available by PM or by MSN (info in profile)

I tried to add the mask on the head section in all of the LOD but the floating problem still persists. Is it a problem with the geometry or memory sections of the model? I also tried to select the gasmask and head section and use the "set normalized group" option but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Any tips on how to add the resparator on the appropriate selection group of the head. Perhaps I need to highlight the head section first and then paste the mask on. Sorry for the repeat post, I'm still green to O2PE. I may need to look at Col wells latest NBC BISOLDiER to see how he did it. Would I need to get his permission to open his p3d in O2PE just to see how he set up the mask (I plan on using one of the BIS sample model p3d to make my NBC soldier, not Col Wells model but I wanted to see what his setup looked like.)

Im by no means an expert, but I did have this problem awhile back, what I did was.....

select your gasmask, go over to your "Named Selections' window in O2 and hold down Shift and click on "Head, now both gasmask and Head will be highlighted Red in viewport. right click "Head" in named selctions window and goto "Redefine"...

now Save it... You should be good to go...

** @Experts - of course if there is something I'm missing, or if this is totally wrong way to do it , feel free to correct me...

Brilliant! thanks for the detailed info. Now I have a soviet nbc soldier (unfortunately I'm too lazy to create a soviet style mask, instead I'm using a western style mask). I did a custom face that had the hands painted black to give the appearace that the soldier is wearing rubberized gloves, seems like it is an quick easy fix to the issue that col wells was having earlier (doesn't look quite as nice as the gloves wells has now).