Sign in to follow this  
malvinas.cdm

Ping Limit

Hi all, someone can say to me, Is it possible limit from the server the maximum ping of the users?

I search a server command

Ej:

pinglimit = 175 (to kick a users exceed that valor)

Rgs

mlv

Would be a nice feature for ArmA 2, wouldn't it?

Yours

Crowe

This topic from "Anunnaki" he show and explain other parameters they are Necessary to adjust the server

Quote[/b] ]

When you have PUBLIC dedicated server, there is no way to do next things:

1) allow/denny voting for admin independent on voting mission or voting kick. That need brand new variable/command to server.cfg something like vote_admin=0/1; // 0=deny 1=allow for voting admin. There is oportunity to add there few more new commands like vote_mission=0/1, vote_kick=0/1, vote_reassign=0/1, vote_restart=0/1...and others.

2) there is problem for advanced arma players, which wish to play missions only on servers, where is set CUSTOM VETERAN difficulty (with all helping stuff OFF, like crosshairs, external views and others). But now, in the server list, it's not possible to recognize, which server is for arcade players (external views, crosshairs ...) and for real advanced/hardcore players, which wish play on maximum like reality simulation. But in server list you don't see, which server have helping stuff ON and which OFF, both are shown like "VETERAN". So, i thing we need new difficulty class, we can call it "SIMULATOR" difficulty (or ADVANCED, VERY HARD, REAL ...as you wish), where would be VETERAN difficulty with all helping stuff OFF.

3) global preset DIFFICULTY for all player voted, server changed and admin changed missions ! I have my own public dedicated server for non-arcade players (advanced arma players), which have CUSTOM VETERAN settings (VETERAN with all helping parameters OFF).

I have in "<user>.ArmAProfile" file command "difficultyMP="veteran";. Partially, that works only on client server, when i am selecting mission, VETERAN difficulty is preset. But on dedicated server, when players try voting for other mission (thu #vote missions command), they have on mission voting screen "CADET" mode preset, not VETERAN as that slould be.

And still, that is not good way, because they can still change difficulty thru missions voting screen or thru voted admin. There is need something to lock difficulty for dedicated server. And difficultyMP="veteran"; from "<user>.ArmAProfile" is not good way. Best way for dedicated server is to add new commands/variables for that to server.cfg, something like:

default_difficulty=0; // 0=cadet, 1=veteran

lock_difficulty=0; // 0=not locked, locked

So when "lock_difficulty=0", players have preset difficulty from "default_difficulty" but they can still change that (voting/admin). However, when "lock_difficulty=1", users have preset difficulty from "default_difficulty" too, but now they can't change that.

4) new autokick function for players with high average ping in defined time limit. That can be do with two new commands/variables in server.cfg, like:

average_kick_ping=200; // kick all players whitch have more than 200ms

time_limit_ping=15; // players ping would be monitored for last 15 seconds for calculating average ping. That is need, because everyone can have higher average ping for short time when something happends on internet connection, but not for long time.

Desync_timelimit = 30 //Another necessary command is to control the time limit to support the desync when the user suffer 100000 the desync

¿Someone can say to us if they thinking of adding this to future updates for Arma?

thnx

Mlv