Sign in to follow this  
mirok

TrackIR, DOF

Hi, I'd like to suggest 2 things:

1) I'm using TrackIR for playing, and the thing that irritates me is when I use zoom while aiming, the TrackIR sensitivity stays the same, but your head movements move the view much faster in relation of FOV of your screen, so it's difficult to quickly locate the sights while zooming and aiming. My suggestion is to lock (center) the view while zooming & aiming at the same time so we don't have to chase the sights with sensitive head movements as this is instinctive in real. This could be possible e.g. by allowing to bind the F11 that disables the TrackIR to that same key that brings up the sights / zooms.

2) possibilty to turn the DOF off, it looks cool at first, but normaly if you aim through the sight, you can still choose where you focus your eyes, so you still can still have a clear overview of the battle field without bringing you gun down - with widescreen monitors, you can still select where you look (focus your eyes)

Thanks in advance,

Mirok.

1. I have the "Center" TrackIR command mapped to one of my mouse buttons, and I use it all the time to center view.

Works great for me at least.

I haven't tried it, but maybe you can change the "disable" hotkey in the TrackIR options, with the key you use for "sights" in Arma.

2. IF you are talking about the Arma "DOF", you CAN turn it off in the gfx options. Set "post processing" to LOW.

I'm not sure if that's what you are referring to.