Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Spanish Army mod pack 3

Please remove our Tiger from your addons.

It seems it's not even enough that you are using our Leopard and Bo 105 without permission and are not even crediting us for the countless hours of work we've put into the addons doing the model, textures, lods,.. no, now you also took the Tiger and you even say they (all addons you took from the BWMod) were all solely done by some guy named peloton from your mod. I guess "peloton" is spanish means "stolen from BWMod"?

Oh and actually, if we give you stuff from us, that doesn't mean you can give it to anyone else to use. It's still our stuff, even if you change the textures a bit. That also includes the stuff you are using without permission, especially the ArmA - Leopard which Cpt.Fred claims to have permission to use from some guy from your mod named fabre.

I wonder what happened to you guys, you were a bunch of nice people back in the OFP days that we've gladly granted permission to use some of our addons (for OFP), now you've joined the grieving part of the community that uses others addons without their permission. I'd be nice if you'd paid at least some respect for the hard work that others have done in the recent years and not just take it, rip it apart and claim it's yours.

I'm sorry to take this right into this thread, but I've already written three PMs and only one was answered, claiming that if you change a few things on our model it becomes yours.

Now please get back to your roots, respect the work others have done and do your own stuff or ASK for the stuff and IF you get permission, then credit it accordingly!

What you are doing now just sucks and I hope you get treated like you treat others too.

good job posting that here ...

what about email or PM? maybe you got the wrong people?

go to their site and ask there?

maybe the story is different?

"lets just make public accusations first"  icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok, let's clarify a few points.... first of all, my point of view.

1.- As Q has told, this is not the place for that Terpentin, i receive you pm on 24th december and i give you an answer on same day. The other pm was received on 10th january, but, unfortunatelly, i have a lot of things to do on real world, and i cannot give you an answer until now. btw, on that second pm you didn't say anything from the tiger.... Also, the tiger was on the other release too, and you didn't say anything also.

2.- I remind you that this is MY personal point of view: This is just a game, relax mate...

Regarding the "stolen addons", here you have the final answer from ffaa mod:

All the units where we have used as a base a model from bwmod will be replaced by our own models on next release.

Tiger chopper: This addon is not from bwmod, it belongs to ffaa mod, it's true that we used some part of a texture from bwmod, but it's  less than 5% from the wole chopper, anyway, if this is a problem, textures will be replaced.

Leopard, on the begining bwmod model was used, but it was never released, and on actual version leo is based on your model and credits has been included, anyway the 3d model has been totally changed, the same for textures

Regarding the sharing of leo mlod, it was giving according to the ffaa mod politics on sharing our job, maybe the guy who gave the leo forget to tell to the other mod to ask permission from you.

And after that official statement, again, my personal opinion:

This will be my last post about this issue, and i hope that everything was clarify, anyway if you have any other question just pm me, and just for you info, i'm 28 years old, i'm married, i work from 7:45am to 6pm and i arrive at home at about 7pm, if i didn't answer to you in two days i think you can wait a few more days, i have other priorities more iportant than reply to pms in a forum.

Regards and let's back on topic.

i like the mod. lots of additional weapons and vehicles  smile_o.gif

* ogg, wav to wss

* tga to paa (clerigo_chilaba_co.tga in ffaa_terrorista\data)

* sqs to sqf

* del $PREFIX$

* del desktop.ini

* del jpg in ffaa_gc\xtrail\texturasGC & ffaa_pn\zeta

* config in ffaa_miragIII wasnt binarized

* subvariants/retextures of models should be done via hiddenselections and setTexture (see CA_Abrams)

* reduce section count by merging textures

* separate model from sounds from texture from configs into separate pbos

* duplicated readmes

* documentation in a wiki (classes)

* move CfgModels and CfgSkeletons to model.cfg (once per pbo)

* no inheritance in both these for base classes possible (class vehicle;)

* please always use tag FFAA all the time (cfgVehicles, cfgWeapons, cfgMagazines, cfgAmmo, for recoil names, marker names, global variables of scripts etc). there a few excpetions you did not.

for the most part

* nice one addon = one pbo structure

it would make the project more popular to release all units and standalone addon as well

smile_o.gif

all i can say is i love it nice set of new stuff to play with and i love the un212 nice and is thay any way can you may let me have the full MLOD and config for it plzz so i can have a go at doing a USMC Huey 212 just pm me and let me know if its ok with ya and one more thing when am in the tiger gunship as a Pilot am siting in where the gunner sits huh.gif youu need to do a fix for it some time and nice work m8 notworthy.gif

The tiger gunner and pilot positions are reversed if we compare them to the apache, Mi-24 or cobra helicopters.

It's not a bug

I really like the way the Tiger flys.

And the Patrol boat is top too! thumbs-up.gif

The tiger gunner and pilot positions are reversed if we compare them to the apache, Mi-24 or cobra helicopters.

It's not a bug

rrrrr i see thats a new one lol

FFAA_Armas requires addon DBE1

whats "DBE1"?

EDIT: Ok, Queens Gambit...Well then I'll have to live with the message.

FFAA_Armas requires addon DBE1

whats "DBE1"?

EDIT: Ok, Queens Gambit...Well then I'll have to live with the message.

why not just shell out a few bucks, support BIS and buy it?

Hello,

I have some problems with FFAA V 3.4 on dedicated server.

On missions using this version i have many problems:

1]the ping goes up for all players in game.

2]impossible to kill enemy, the ennemy don't down after shooting.

With FFAA 3.2 i have no problem on my dedicated server, it's just with FFAA 3.4.

On my server i have this addons:

- Queen's Gambit, FFAA 3.4 and many islands of community.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have some problems with FFAA V 3.4 on dedicated server.

On missions using this version i have many problems:

1]the ping goes up for all players in game.

2]impossible to kill enemy, the ennemy don't down after shooting.

With FFAA 3.2 i have no problem on my dedicated server, it's just with FFAA 3.4.

On my server i have this addons:

- Queen's Gambit, FFAA 3.4 and many islands of community.

Thanks in advance.

well your going to have to be more specific to track it down....

what does your server.rpt say?

Is the MG3 in the mod the same as Swissmod's MG51? With the exception of the stock and magazine, the textures and main model appear to be the same.

Sorry to dig this up, but tonight I downloaded the mod + the recent patch released a few weeks ago and I have to ask--while everything looks nice and all--is anyone getting quite a big of lag when walking around most of these vehicles?

Even putting 1 guy down and 1 empty Vamtac when I get close enough to it, I notice a performance drop. sad_o.gif

hi , with a friend we make a french mod and we need your authorisation to modify your addon to put in my mod can i do that ? (i just need cougar , super puma and tigre) thanks

You should PM them such requests. Also, I assume that you know about the OFrP mod right? If not its a French mod that's already been released.