Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Spanish Army mod pack 3

Will the terrorist pack need QG?

It seems like that.

Also, it was 7zip acting up. Winrar unpacked it with no problems.

error happening in the two versions of ArmA 1.08 and 1.12 units insurgents

cannot create system memory surface 4444,256x62(size 39680 b) error code 8876086c

banghead.gif

help.gif

Queen's Gambit required, sorry, i forget to include it on the first post

Quote[/b] ]Does it contain Spanish marines and AAV7 as the second release?

Yes

Quote[/b] ]Argh, bad file again, God must hate me sad_o.gif

Luckily I have 7-zip so it's not a problem to me.

I downloaded from arma.info (thx guys) and everything was ok, i opened it with winrar

I have installed Queen's Gambit crazy_o.gif

damn, then i have no more ideas.... crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]no MLV Lince ?

No

tounge2.gif

Still wip

Quote[/b] ]

i highly enjoy this mod, thanks! although i'm still trying to tweak it a little bit, a few headaches here and there. also i've been experiencing some CTDs when using this mod.

Perfect, if you don't mind tell us te things that u are fixing so we can improve the quality of the mod

Quote[/b] ]

about the patch, i don't know about everyone else, but i'd rather have a modular version of this mod than a patch to fix the mod pack. you know as in a separate mod for addon vehicles, weapons, units, replacement packs, etc. again thanks!

You will have different packs on weekend if i remeber correctly

Quote[/b] ]Will the terrorist pack need QG?

No, you only need the ffaa_caras.pbo (arabian faces)

-=UOE.Txalo=-

Sorry I have not thanked for the effort with the mod and already I was soon complaining that the error appeared, the rest of the MOD this ok only in units arabes gave error

Gracias

Quote[/b] ]

i highly enjoy this mod, thanks! although i'm still trying to tweak it a little bit, a few headaches here and there. also i've been experiencing some CTDs when using this mod.

Perfect, if you don't mind tell us te things that u are fixing so we can improve the quality of the mod

well, the tweaking that i've been trying to do is to sort out some conflicts with SLX's mod. but i haven't had any success as of yet, it seems that SLX is a bit of a drama queen kinda mod, it needs to know everything about every weapon that's used in ArmA. so far the most common errors that i got is

"No entry @SLX\bin\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/RocketCore.model" (or other ffaa weapons).

i suspect this is what causing most of the CTDs. because SLX would search for a matching weapons entry on its config.cpp but are unable to find any. the known pbo that is conflicting with SLX as of now is ffaa_armas.pbo.

unfortunately ffaa_armas.pbo is needed for almost all of if the ffaa addons, it would seem that the config.cpp of SLX would need to be edited with some new entries form ffaa_armas.pbo. i haven't done so yet though, maybe tomorrow.

because i haven't had any luck yet, all i've done is to disable SLX whenever i'm using Spanish Army mod pack 3.

Do you have to use 1.08? Because I use the current beta patch and the vehicles work just fine, but when I put a few of the insurgents on the map and preview I get a CTD with the same error message as firefox1. sad_o.gif

Do you have to use 1.08? Because I use the current beta patch and the vehicles work just fine, but when I put a few of the insurgents on the map and preview I get a CTD with the same error message as firefox1.  sad_o.gif

at least 1.08, of course you could use any higher version of the game.

another thing that realized the error only happens if you arrive well near the insurgent arab if you're away the error does not occur

arma2008-05-0919-37-47-81.jpg

another thing that realized the error only happens if you arrive well near the insurgent arab if you're away the error does not occur

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums....-81.jpg

Will inform to peloton, the addonmaker, to see if he can find anything about this issue smile_o.gif

Third attempt from arma.info seemed to finish properly but still resulted in a corrupted ffaa_im_vehiculos.pbo. crazy_o.gif

I await your separated packs as I have everything else and won't d/load it again.

Regardless, good work for what I've seen so far in my 15 minute test.

I have released the first pack, "Insurgents", it has two pbos, ffaa_terrorista.pbo and ffaa_caras.pbo. It's a 23.8Mb download.

Visit the web for download. (Click on "Descargar" under the first picture.)

Web FFAA

Third attempt from arma.info seemed to finish properly but still resulted in a corrupted ffaa_im_vehiculos.pbo. crazy_o.gif

I await your separated packs as I have everything else and won't d/load it again.

Regardless, good work for what I've seen so far in my 15 minute test.

Use a download manager like FDM, to make sure you get error free downloads. wink_o.gif

I just tested the pack on the CAT Afghanistan map and really had an awesome time.  I played for like 3 hours experimenting with different missions.  I finally made one where a Spanish convoy of military vehicles must "run the gauntlet" through a small town to get to one end of it secured by air-assault infantry.  You play the part of a 3 man sniper team tasked with taking out Taliban snipers overlooking the town.  Overall its a really nasty battle and Taliban fighters like to sneak up on you as you're sniping and shoot you at close range.  I also have a Tiger gunship providing security for the convoy and I must say that it kicks total ass.  I've never seen a gunship provide such good close air support in ArmA.  Not only does it use its guns, but also uses its rockets against enemy infantry.   I was really impressed overall with the small arms as well.  The .50 cal HE rounds are especially sweet as are the MG-4 variants that really lay down alot of bullets quickly.

One thing that could perhaps be improved is a heavier sound on some of the auto-cannon sounds and on the 40mm automatic grenade launcher.  It sounds like a silencer with a high pitched sound when you fire it rather then the dull thud thud thud sound it makes in real life.

Also I found a bug on one of the UN humvee type trucks (but the Spanish version) with the open top and MG-4 mounted on top as well as on the cargo versions. Both are missing some of the proxies in the "cargo" LOD.  In other words, you don't see the other soldiers sitting in the cargo seats when you are playing in the first person perspective.   Also for some reason, the menu doesn't appear automatically when I need to reload or get near a vehicle.  I'm not sure why that is.  sad_o.gif

But other then that I haven't seen any other bugs.  

Overall its just a super mod that I'm really enjoying.  

Keep up the amazing work!  MUY BUENO y MUCHO FUN!!

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Armaholic mirror for insurgents pack:

- FFAA: Insurgents pack (originally packed with 7zip, anyways u can also use winrar to extract it)

Really love the mod guys! Excellent work. Especially because it's so complete. It has everything I could wish for and it looks absolutely great.

Got one question though, throughout the readme I can't find the classnames of the weapons. Did I just miss a file or are the classnames not included in the mod?

Well, I'm off to some Spanish adventures. notworthy.gif

No class names included, is one of the things we should do. sad_o.gif

About insurgents, I`ve uploaded the pack without readme, so i'm fixing this, and tonight will be a new pack, sorry for the inconvenience. (Link removed until fixed)

The islamic terrorist units looks great. This is what i'm searching for. Thx! thumbs-up.gif

Mirror from BIS.4Players

Spanish Army Mod Pack 3

Regards

Imutep

I've never seen a gunship provide such good close air support in ArmA. Not only does it use its guns, but also uses its rockets against enemy infantry. I was really impressed overall with the small arms as well. The .50 cal HE rounds are especially sweet as are the MG-4 variants that really lay down alot of bullets quickly.

wait, this mod have AI enhancements? i thought this mod only added extra units and such, i never thought it had any AI mods.

btw it appears that in order for this mod to work with SLX the config.cpp file in the bin directory does indeed needs to be edited. i've done so and are able to run Spanish Army mod pack 3 + SLX with minimum errors and CTDs, there's still some small errors that i'd like to iron out though, when finished i'll upload the methods to do so.

The islamic terrorist units looks great. This is what i'm searching for. Thx! thumbs-up.gif

Mirror from BIS.4Players

Spanish Army Mod Pack 3

Regards

Imutep

thx for mirror smile_o.gif

love the insurgent pack guys.

Have you thought about making some civilian style afghani units. Really all you would have to do is remove the webbing off them. The clerigo unit is a perfect example. Im making a mission now with some afghani civilians but even with the removed weapons the military webbing just ruins the feeling of it.

A few answers from peloton:

Luky.m: To delete the spanish radio comments you have to erase the file voices.pbo

Firefox1: Try to delete old versions of spanish army mod.

RavenDK: MLV Lince will be available on next pack

Betsalel: Try with vainilla 1.08

Miles teg: No IA improvements was done, or that's what we thought... biggrin_o.gif

And finally, thanks to AfrographX form the chinook and NH90 notworthy.gif

Yeah I didn't think it was any AI improvements that made the gunship do close air support better, but rather that you guys just did a bit better job than most on the config file.  I'll definitely have to check out your config file to see what's different compared to the config for other gunship addons.  

The Mapfacts AH-64 for example, is awesome except that it doesn't engage enemy AI infantry very well.  The same goes for the BIS AH-1Z Super Cobra.  They both fly around and only once in awhile will engage enemy infantry...usually only if the infantry shoots at them first.  Your Tiger, on the other hand, just goes crazy blazing away at them and really pounding them hard on almost every pass it makes over them.  

I didn't however see anyone shooting back from the ground.  You might make an AA RPG guy who fires his RPG at helicopters mainly. I need to try putting in some BIS DShK guns to see if they shoot at the Tiger.  

I know the NH90 MG took some fire from the ground and the door gunners returned fire, but I'm glad you didn't make the armor levels too low so that they crash after only a few hits like on the BIS helicopters.

For future updates I hope that either it is made compatible with SLX or that SLX makes their mod compatible with yours.  smile_o.gif   So far this is probably, I think, the best mod out there...  yes even better then my own team's mod (The Lost Brothers).  

smile_o.gif

But we have a good update coming out as soon as Vilas releases his updated weapons pack.  However our Hamas insurgents suck compared to yours as we are using our old OFP shemaghs/kuffeyah's on their heads which don't look so great compared to the ones on your insurgents...  but at the same time the LoBo Hamas insurgents are more comical as some are wearing funny T-shirts.      Still I think most people are going to be using your insurgents with our mod.   lol!

Oh speaking of which...   One thing I would recommend is that you make some AK-47's for the insurgents as AK-74's are only rarely used.  Other authentic weapons could also be added to the Afghan insurgents such as old bolt action Lee Enfield rifles, old PPsh41 sub-machine guns, etc...  

With Hamas however, aside from an occasional oddball gun like the Egyptian Port Said 9mm SMG, its mostly just AK-47 variants and a few M16 rifles that they use along with a SVD sniper rifles and the occasional bolt-action sniper rifle of various types that were probably originally hunting rifles.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>