Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Binarize Model p3d

I have BinPBO and i would like to know how to use it to binarize a model. If someone could point me to a tutorial or just break it down step by step cause all the forums say use this tool, well apparently i am the tool caus ei cannot figure it out.

If u got a working model and a config.cpp + model.cfg (model.cfg need to be placed in the same foldier where the *.p3ds are stored for the binarize process). Then u just add your model in the P: Root dir and press Binarize. You can set some options in the BinPbo Tool to generate a log file from the process so u can see if all works fine or not.

\Sgt.Ace

actually i am trying to binarize just the bomb that goes on a plane. so there is no config or model config to go wit it. How is this done?

Guest RKSL-Rock

Just binarise the entire aircraft's directory.  It will make a copy to the directory you specify (make sure this is not your source file.  Then make a backup of the the original file by renaming it, eg: mymissile_lod.p3d.  Finally copy the binarised file back to your P:/MYADDON dir and you should be ok.

yeah thanks everybody i figured it out. It creates a pbo and i guess i expected it to just giveme another p3d. So all i did was extract the pbo and move the new p3d.

Hi. I'm tryn' to binarize an addon but when I put it into Arma the game don't read the pbo. Coul it depend cause I binarize (with BinPbo) puttin' the addon folder on the desktop?

Thanks