Sign in to follow this  
-23rd-_2Lt_Griff

XFire Accounts for ArmA

Hello everyone,

A lightbulb switch just went off in my head. This is a rare occurance so do bare with me.

Loads of us all play Multiplayer on ArmA, but all use sperate forums and networks to organise games, or just sometimes randomly join servers as we go.

However wouldn't it be cool, if you have say 50-60 people that you could just chat to and organise a game on a Saturday afternoon??

I have used XFire for about a year and it has been absolutley mint.

So I suggest that I keep a list of usernames in this thread, of people who play ArmA and are up for having a big community of ArmA players on there XFire account.

I will have a set list below that I will update, if you guys who fancy it could post on below with your username I will edit the original post.

--------

List:

LtGriff

ewaar

riflesspitfire

22infamous

usidirtydeeds

easycompanykerry

khpauld

2ltandersson

d41k4n

scotia123

29thwaffensspilot

jonny0blah

Viper23rd

snafu89

noraf

dashnaw

dodgster00

DarkOmen1

Coldkilla9

22ckclaw

kingnl

Knight31

gunney00

joebi1kenobi

raynorhiarro

pvtparts10119

lanboy666

weegee101

fabiantronc

crozon

rifleslcplcharlie

dale0404

bigfootdave

johnbinkowski1

jeza123c

BillyBud

alefor

lagussi

Blackhawk2008

ptolemaios

nesco121

peterbullet

gunja975

blackmetaltemplar

bladebarrier

--------

Edit - For those who are not aware what XFire is check out the link below:

http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_tour/

Edit - Nuke1945 has setup an ArmA Community Page if anyone is interested link below:

http://www.xfire.com/clans/armedassault/

(Please still post your names in here so we can keep a quick log at the top as well as under the community Xfire thread.)

Thanks in advance,

Griff

Sounds Like a superb idea!

Heres my X-fire account: ewaar

Yeah, it does sound pretty cool.

Username: riflesspitfire

Get some games going.

Sounds good to me:

easycompanykerry

ArmA doesn't show up in Xfire's server browser display area, .. or you just launching ArmA through Xfire?

Thx.

Yeah it is correct that you cant join direct to people servers through XFire.

The idea is to use it almost like social networking for ArmA, so that if you fancy a game, u can just look on XFire, see who is online and is up for a game.

Makes setting up game that bit easier :-)

PS - Thanks for all the XFire Usernames so far, will add you all tonight when I get back from work biggrin_o.gif

It always show's the IP of the server so chances are you speak to them on X-Fire and join in with their game!

Ah OK thanks a lot for the replies.. hehe I spent about 30mins a few weeks ago trying to get a server list to show up for ArmA in Xfire.

Have you guys managed to get Xfire's screenshot with auto upload to work??

Ah OK thanks a lot for the replies.. hehe I spent about 30mins a few weeks ago trying to get a server list to show up for ArmA in Xfire.

Indeed I have, check my profile page. You can assign keys to take the screenshot, and once the game has closed it automatically comes up and gives you the option to upload.

Yes! Run a version of Arma that doesn't include Battle Eye, and Screenshots work fine.

So, do we just post our Xfire name here, or do we add everyone elses name, or what?

Now, once we get everyone on xfire, all we need is another forum to organize! wink_o.gif

-hellop

Feel free to add these usernames to your XFire and post yours on here if you would like.

Its more for impromptude games than anything else, nothing too organised.

Keep it simple for now is my suggestion ;-)

Just a suggestion, why not create our little own 'guild' for ArmA players?

The only downside of this function is the limit of 3 'guilds' you can be in at the same time and a limit of 100 players per guild.

Anyway, I think it's worth it wink_o.gif

That is a mint idea - I have recieved and invitation from nuke1945 to join a ArmA community and have accepted.

I am already in one community and it allows me to join that one fine.

Makes setting up quick games even easier! Mint idea.

I will post my server IP + TS details on it so if any of you fancy a game you are more than welcome to hop on!

Mintage! biggrin_o.gif

-Edit wouldn't let me join for some reason so I have submited an application thing.