Sign in to follow this  
Mateck

Mateck's M1A1 (HA)

Thanks, what I meant to ask was if that OD was going to included or if it was just an intermediate version before they made the camo'd ones.

Can't find the answer to this so if someone could point me to it if I missed it.

Any fix for the bouncing tanks when using the replacement pack? And related, sometimes the M1 is about a foot off the ground as it drives past, is that a graphics issue on my part or something with the replacement pack?

Thanks,

Tigernan

Not as lean, or as mean but always a Marine.

@Page 14, my post on May 17 2008,11:49

Quote[/b] ]Our replacement is bugged ;p Will be fixed in next release.

Till then, don't use replacement pack.

Can't find the answer to this so if someone could point me to it if I missed it.

Any fix for the bouncing tanks when using the replacement pack? And related, sometimes the M1 is about a foot off the ground as it drives past, is that a graphics issue on my part or something with the replacement pack?

Thanks,

Tigernan

Not as lean, or as mean but always a Marine.

If you are using replacement file in multiplayer game while others not, then the tanks will be bouncing. This cannot be fixed. Reason of this is that new M1A1 is using different config values and tweaked LODs (not only resolution LODs) than in old M1A1.

Also replacement file should be installed on server side, but due to some bugs in current replacement file this is not possible. Stay tuned for next release.

Remember, using M1A1 HA replacement file in multiplayer game while others are using old M1A1 should be considered as cheating wink_o.gif

I hope that next config would inherit more from game's config and won't override base classes. It could also make special effects inherited and config cleaner.

Some screenshots from our small "Bonus OPFOR" pack. Main star of the pack will be T-72AV (Kontakt-1 explosive reactive armour) in soviet green camo (and maybe some others :P), we are working on texture right now. There will be T-72M with some small model additions and new textures like this desert "Iraqi style" one:

arma2008061519492173hg4.jpg

arma2008061519494952hb8.jpg

Very nice, I like the deliberately uncoordinated red barrels.

Have you considered at all correcting the BIS error on the shape of the hull? The two top corners of the hull in front of the turret protrude up above the top of the mud guards when seen from the side - they should be flush, as seen in the picture below.

http://www.maxwolf.ru/armor/tanks/t72_3.jpg

whistle.gif

About T-72's:

- there's a need to have "filled up" interior of model (at least black textured), so driver won't see the ground when looking down and unzipped

- RACS version smile_o.gif

Anyway - that's just great work! Keep on smile_o.gif

I can't promise that we will be getting into details on this one since its secondary work. Our priority is still M1/M1A1. Mateck told me that he fixed the driver seat.

As for the picture, its T-72S as far as i can see not T-72A or M.

I can't promise that we will be getting into details on this one since its secondary work. Our priority is still M1/M1A1. Mateck told me that he fixed the driver seat.

As for the picture, its T-72S as far as i can see not T-72A or M.

I wasn't talking about details wink_o.gif just a fix for a hole that screws the thing smile_o.gif M1A1's standard is enough.

Hi' i'll preffer if the T72's were a different addon, it's own signed .pbo

so we could choose what to use, because we may not need or want

other T72's than the BIS SLA/RACS ones; and also a T72 without the

barrels on the back will be nice, we may dodge in that way too the

clipping barrel thing. Let's C ya

what's up with all BIS T-72s being moded? someone really need to redo it, since BIS T-72's  model is not accurate...

btw, in this picture it's 100% T-72B(although i asume it's T-72B1), why? because i can see bigger frontal turret armor.

fresh T-72B with full ERA blocks on

one more

fun tu read, look at the prices... it's being told there that air conditioning in T-80 is optional... those american boys rofl.gif

T-72 is in separate .pbo. It was like that in version 0.95 and it will be like that in next releases.

We are making new T-72's with fixed armor values just to fit new M1A1. New textures, and features like custom textures, markings and parts (like barrels) will be also included. If we manage to implement NWDs Tank FCS to our M1A1 it will be also implemented to T-72's. Currently we are not planing any detailed model tweaks to T-72's.

@zGuba

As I remember I fixed driver view in version 0.95 already wink_o.gif

Hi' i'll preffer if the T72's were a different addon, it's own signed .pbo

so we could choose what to use, because we may not need or want

other T72's than the BIS SLA/RACS ones;

Huh? I'm confused. It comes with 2 separate .pbo's for the T72's and M1A1's. I think you can already choose which to use and if you don't what to replace the standard T72's just omit the T72 replacement file. The size of the T72 .pbo is only 3.9mb so it's not wasting very much space.

My apologies if I misunderstood your post.

Sorry for the double post. Question answered already as well.

My apologies.

Forgive me for asking but I've always wondered why you just don't keep the vanilla cross-hairs/firing system and just let everyone use NWD_TankFCS, if they desire of course.

It seems that would make things much easier on you guys. I absolutely love these tanks and I always place one of your M1A1's in my missions but I also place a BIS one so I can have the option of NWD's FCS available just in case I'm seriously out numbered for an assault. If I gotta assault a huge base I need to use the FCS or I usually get a spanking. My vanilla turret targeting skills in heavy firefights is absolutely terrible for some reason. biggrin_o.gif

Just curious. Regardless, I throughly enjoy these upgraded tanks you guys got here.

@Manzilla

Im not an expert on NWD FCS but last time NWD wrote:

Quote[/b] ]My FCS mod makes a great number of edits to the models, and doesn't work without the edited models. So it won't work with this right now.

Forgive me for asking but I've always wondered why you just don't keep the vanilla cross-hairs/firing system and just let everyone use NWD_TankFCS, if they desire of course.

It seems that would make things much easier on you guys. I absolutely love these tanks and I always place one of your M1A1's in my missions but I also place a BIS one so I can have the option of NWD's FCS available just in case I'm seriously out numbered for an assault. If I gotta assault a huge base I need to use the FCS or I usually get a spanking. My vanilla turret targeting skills in heavy firefights is absolutely terrible for some reason. biggrin_o.gif

Just curious. Regardless, I throughly enjoy these upgraded tanks you guys got here.

@Manzilla

Im not an expert on NWD FCS but last time NWD wrote:

Quote[/b] ]My FCS mod makes a great number of edits to the models, and doesn't work without the edited models. So it won't work with this right now.

I saw that earlier but I didn't realize that would matter when I suggested to just use the vanilla BIS cross-hair/firing system. Wow I feel like an idiot at the moment. I'm not sure how I could not realize that was the answer to my question when I've read it probably 100 times by now.

banghead.gifrofl.gif

what's up with all BIS T-72s being moded? someone really need to redo it, since BIS T-72's  model is not accurate...

btw, in this picture it's 100% T-72B(although i asume it's T-72B1), why? because i can see bigger frontal turret armor.

fresh T-72B with full ERA blocks on

one more

fun tu read, look at the prices... it's being told there that air conditioning in T-80 is optional... those american boys rofl.gif

Why is the BIS T-72 not accurate? In the real life pics you posted I can't tell if it has more frontal turret armor because its covered in ERA blocks. If that is what you are talking about, then the BIS model doesn't need to be redone. It just needs to be modified like how the Vilas Mod did it on the Polish T-72 with ERA. The hard part is positioning all those stupid little ERA blocks. I am in the process of doing that right now for a Syrian T-72 with ERA that I am working on for my mod, and it is NOT easy to get the right angles and crap on all those little boxes especially when there are multiple versions depending on the specific model of T-72 and the specific type of ERA used. In some pictures often not all the ERA is applied as well which can be confusing. At any rate, I'd be happy to see an nice uparmored T-72 with ERA as part of this tank pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ok, i'll explain a bit:

explanation picture

1. These show that it's B or S mods. Frontal turret's armor thicker, but most of the time those places are covered with ERA(kontakt-1) 1 row blocks too.

2. Those places have removed ERA(kontakt-1) blocks. For B versions whole tank has to have 227 kontakt-1 ERA blocks, for T-72S it's 155 kontakt-1 ERA blocks.

btw, there are more pictures from the same site:

this

and this

these wheels were first fitted for T-72Bs and later mods.

so all this leads to that this is not T-72AV or T-72M1 with ERA armor or T-72S. But i need to examine it more to know if it's T-72B or T-72B1(which had ATGM capability removed leading that it had earlier mod gunner sight, not 1k13 like in T-72B).

I advice looking at this forum, it's loaded with info, pictures, schemes...

Ok. Let's make it straight: you want us to make T-72B with Era right? But the problem is we are NOT even making the B variant. B with ERA won't be made (for now). Only AV (A variant with ERA) and M (A for russian version) to fit our rebuilt Abrams, 'cause default ArmA T-72 is simply to weak for the M1A1. A/M are actually finished (because the ArmA model IS accurate - SLA uses old M variants), they only need some config adjustements and few new camos. Actually T-72 are only green (darker or brighter), so we can't do much about that smile_o.gif But any suggestions about camo for the T-72's will be good. Keep in mind, that those tank aren't the modern variants, so we need some old camo schemes. And as said before - the M1/M1A1 is our priority. T-72's are only made to fit new config of the Abrams and to have a quite good enemy for the Abrams.

I hope I cleared it up a bit.

i just want so that 3D T-72 model fleet was correct and realistic.

although it would be sweet if all of them would be made, that's really tough work, so much versions.

Great work guys. This is gonna be one great 'Abrams' collection.

Are you gonna make some signs/markings on the Iraqi T-72 btw?

Are you gonna make some signs/markings on the Iraqi T-72 btw?

Probably yes.