Sign in to follow this  
Terran4999

Increasing Editor Limit

Hey

Is their anyway to change the unit limit allowed in the mission editor. I am making a mission with many soldiers guarding a base.     smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Think a bit about this : the limit is 63 groups by sides

a group can be up to 12 individuel, so it means 63*12 = 756 soldiers by side in the same time

You have 4 sides, that means 756*4 = 3024 maximum soldiers in your mission.

You really don't need more in your mission.

As no missions using such amount of AI troop running/standing around will have smooth play, instead of adding gigantic amount of units, use spawning/deleting scripts to save performance and allow tons of units in your mission.

WTF all i had was 17 unit on my map and a pop up appeared saying i exceeded the 63 group limit. Why?huh.gif?huh.gif

Open up your mission.sqm and remove the word "groups" from the addon and autoaddon sections that should fix the problem.

Are you using any older addons in the mission? Some of the, have broken configs that can cause a group error.

I didn't know this until recently, but reading info somewhere on the "soldiers.pbo" addon that it extends the number of units and groups that you are allowed to place on the map. If I can find where I saw it again, I'll post the link.

Edit...hehe I just remembered where I saw it...on Mpafact. Here is link:

Link To Mapfact Page & Download