Sign in to follow this  
=Spetsnaz=

Gore Limb Dismemberment Mod? WIP?

I still cant get the edited wound.sqs file to work. Ive done everything right using WinPBO. and all it seems to do is disable gibbing.

Quote[/b] ]if you get shot by an MG3 or a G3 with one bullet in your wrist you ll definatly see the rest of you arm on the ground.

No. The 7.62 doesn´t fragment that easy. It simply goes through and it does not rip off your arm. That´s simply nonsense. It´s easy to kill someone with a G3 if he´s hiding behind a little tree as the projectile simply goes through, this also applies to human bodies. With G3´s you often get 1 shot, 2 kills if an unlucky guy happens to stand behind the initial target.

Please refrain from posting things you are not sure about or simply don´t know.

Einsena said:

you mean something like this?

Yeah... Allready tested that. Thank you for that explanation even though not needed. wink_o.gif

I mean same as that but more detailed made. So not all go charred and limbless, but some different stages of dismemberment/charredness (spelling?). Better textures and some bloody parts. Something in that direction.

All bullets are made to kill.  Whether the 5.56 does this well or not is the 5.56's problem.  The bullet was not made to yaw or to fragment at high velocities.  This is an accident of design.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by maim.  A bullet creating a baseball sized hole in your chest cavity will likely be lethal.  The more area of tissue destroyed, the more likely it is to severely damage something vital.

Unfortunatley mate, you're wrong on that one.

The policy is "shoot to maim."

All bullets are made to kill. Whether the 5.56 does this well or not is the 5.56's problem. The bullet was not made to yaw or to fragment at high velocities. This is an accident of design.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by maim. A bullet creating a baseball sized hole in your chest cavity will likely be lethal. The more area of tissue destroyed, the more likely it is to severely damage something vital.

That policy has nothing to do with the development of the 5.56 or the reason why it has a cannelure.

That policy has nothing to do with the development of the 5.56 or the reason why it has a cannelure.

I'm not exactly sure i understand what you said tho, could you be more specific?

The point is, injuring somebody to the he lives but cannot fight anymore is the aim. A wounded needs to get transported off the battlefield, he needs to get treated, etc.

From a military logistic POV maiming is much better than killing. I'd be very surprised if regular troops nowadays would use Soft or Hollow point ammo instead of FMJ

Since the late 80's its been about maiming over killing. If you injure one person it takes 2 or 3 guys to evac, another team to attend and so on. So rather then taking 1 guy off the battlefield your taking 4 or 5

I'm not exactly sure i understand what you said tho, could you be more specific?

The point is, injuring somebody to the he lives but cannot fight anymore is the aim. A wounded needs to get transported off the battlefield, he needs to get treated, etc.

From a military logistic POV maiming is much better than killing. I'd be very surprised if regular troops nowadays would use Soft or Hollow point ammo instead of FMJ

The reason why many of the 5.56mm bullets break up within dense media (like ballistics gelatin, and flesh) at high velocities is because it has a weak spot at the cannelure. The cannelure is a ring cut out of the bullet to engage the lip of the casing, and to keep the jacket on the core. The bullet, being very small and having little structure, and being very fast, yaws as most bullets do, but when it has turned sideways, it breaks open at the cannelure and fragments. This happens within something like 100 meters or 150 meters or something- the shorter the rifle barrel, the shorter the range. There is a problem with getting the round to fragment from a short barrel, and the m855 round doesn't like to fragment as much as the previous one, I forget what it's called. Anyways, I've read that the fragmentation is not an intentional design feature, it just happened that way. Moreover, if the US armed forces were all hot on fragmenting rounds, they would use longer barrels for their assault rifles, and they would issue lighter rounds with softer jackets. They've started with some match round designed for the SPR, but the trend up until now has been towards heavier rounds rather than lighter ones. Apparently, armour penetration is also a priority.

"Aim to maim" may be the policy. I don't know, that's the first I've heard of it, but I'm not in the military. I think that you can agree though, that aiming has little to do with bullet design, and the design of the bullet probably predates that slogan. I think it would be a little irresponsible to send troops off into a war with bullets that aren't designed to kill. I think that in that profession, the ability to kill efficiently is probably quite nice, rather than reducing that capability in favour of something that only hurts a lot. It's interesting that you mention soft or hollow point bullets though. At close ranges, that's pretty much how those bullets behave. They make a much larger wound tract than you would expect from bullets of their size, given their tendency to break up and transfer their total energy to whomever they hit. They retain their armour piercing capability, though, which soft or hollow point bullets do not.

"Aim to maim" may be the policy.  I don't know, that's the first I've heard of it, but I'm not in the military.

I served in the British army 87-93 and that's how i remember it. We were training to fight against a massive army of the soviet union and injuring one soldier is equal to taking three soldiers of the battlefield.

This has nothing to do with the introduction of the 5.56mm round in the mid eighties however.The smaller round was introduced to standardize the UK with the US and NATO.

You do have to repack the file! wink_o.gif

Ive moved the original file to my desktop and unpacked the .rar in which slx came. And changed that file, and whenever Ive changed something I just overwrite the current one in the addon folder.

Make a backup

unpbo the .pbo

open and change .sqs file

repack the .pbo

overwrite .pbo in addon folder

edit

The thing thats so strange is when I put down like 30 odd guys in a very thight group. Well not actually grouped together though. And stick a LGB uxo in the middle of them, and when I shoot the UXO it goes off. But there would be like 12 guys in de blastrange but only 6 or more gib. While the other should actually also gib.

Im trying to find out how to change the maxgib thingy...

Hy -HUNTER-,

me also noticed that. its ok when a unit gibs, but shooting ~50 units and only 4-5 maybe 6 are gibbing, its not balanced. so, are there any solutions?

i really could use that.

atm im enjoying "minebackpackexplodetestV2_1" by johnnyboy and sharkattack with help from mando. its really nice, cuz the engineers mine (on its back in stock arma) is now an object with a really nice configuration. so i hope u know what im up to... but its just no fun at all if theyre not gibbing anymore:mad:

so any help with that will be appreciated.

another prob here: the same mission id like to play with ace-mod. but they removed the engineer, and no other unit got an at-mine packed on its back. i cant imagine some foot-soldier running around with an at-mine on his back in real-life so it will be ok. but how can i get this unit back or will be able to put a mine on another buddys back?

hopefully arma2/oa didnt destroyed arma1 in total.

Please don't speak for me either. I think being able to completely blow someone apart would be pretty cool. I'm not sure how one could do that, would have to delete the unit when it's killed and spawn "chunks" and what not. If it looked right, it could certainly add some more submertion into it all.

lol, try using the ace medic system on that ;)