Sign in to follow this  
=Spetsnaz=

Gore Limb Dismemberment Mod? WIP?

Ive seen a video somewhere on youtube showing a dismemberment/ limb displacement mod, AC-130 and Dismemberment mod or something. I know there is one out there still in WIP but does anyone have any news about it or any other displacement limb mod out there ? I know slx has one but it doesnt cut it and i didnt really like the displacement on it? Anyone know any ones made out there or if theres any news lately if someone is going to release one soon? Ive tried searching everywhere and couldnt find any related link :S

we dont need such crap like cutting off arms and legs.

We? Hmm didn't know you spoke for everyone on the site.

@Russianguy...I think this would be a welcome addition to gaming. It would give the effects of grenade blasts, arty and rpg hits more realistic.

Try the latest SLX release and a mounted Mk19...

we dont need such crap like cutting off arms and legs.

btw. wrong place to ask...

Please don't speak for me either. I think being able to completely blow someone apart would be pretty cool. I'm not sure how one could do that, would have to delete the unit when it's killed and spawn "chunks" and what not. If it looked right, it could certainly add some more submertion into it all.

Agreed with the blokes above, adding a dismemberment system would increase the overall atmosphere and realistic feeling to the game. Perhaps a new model which is modelled from different part and can be taken apart by explosives?

Also, we weren't talking about 'cutting off' body parts, there's a difference in cruelty and unlucky victims of an artillery/mortar/grenade shell.

Yours,

Ive seen a video somewhere on youtube showing a dismemberment/ limb displacement mod, AC-130 and Dismemberment mod or something. I know there is one out there still in WIP but does anyone have any news about it or any other displacement limb mod out there ? I know slx has one but it doesnt cut it and i didnt really like the displacement on it? Anyone know any ones made out there or if theres any news lately if someone is going to release one soon? Ive tried searching everywhere and couldnt find any related link :S

Do you still remember the youtube link? It might help us track down the author.

yes im not talking about cruelty im talking about the ability to have explosive damage being able to to dismember units in the radius of the explosion, the more closer to the explosion the more body parts will fall. Something i think ArmA missed out since its very unrealistic if someone blows up and they dont have any part missing. Yes i have the SLX mod its very good but i didnt like the way the limb dismemberment was set out ( no offense to the author ) i think it required a exact hit onto the target so the target exploded into pieces and also i didnt like burnt model.

Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7XXGFWh_M

as long as it stays realistic it would properbly be okay to make such a thing or perhaps if its "just for fun" I made a model for such a thing but can't really tell you anything about it other than there is people working on this...

personally I'm not much into dismemberment but I would like the dead bodies in arma to look more real its hard to explain but the way they look when lying on the ground just isn't right

look the way brothers in arms dismemberment looks like , it is something i hope that something like that releases for ArmA

SLX's solution is good enough for me.

I suppose you guys are talking about player models running around with blown off arms?

Seeing as anything to do with animation systems\players models is fair quantity, I'd say it's a pretty slim chance someone will burn time on something which is mostly cosmetic, and potentially controversial.

I would like this to go on, but I would be pleased with just a bloody limping animation after a unit gets shot in the leg, LOL, I thought that would be already out by now. biggrin_o.gif

it can be done using the wounds system by including cavader bits inside the p3d.i did a little bit of work on it via alpha channel holes in the uniform

realwounds.jpg

looks pretty nasty eh? i decided not to develop it further

however,getting a leg or arm blown off by force of hit power is another thing cause you wouldnt want his leg to blow off from a bullet hit.

if you could configure dammage to texture by weapon used,then have the stump already inside the model,once he treads on a mine or within the vicinity of a grenade or explosive,the leg texture with alpha channel kicks in to give the illusion he has been relieved of his pegs.

Did body dismemberments for my VBS 1 Marine Update Pack.

Was quite nasty to script it.

It is possible bust just very tedious.

Whole trick was to use setopbject texture to make eg the legs "dissappear" and set a new bloddy texture with alpha channel to simulate the dismemberment.

then appropriate body parts were just spawned and given a bit of a jerk so that they have an initial velocity.

the whole thing worked over the i think hit or damage EH.

the EH you could determine which bodypart was hit.

however the tricky part was to get it calibrated so that an 9mm could not take off ones arm wheres an .50 could.

delicate topic though..

personally i dont think its necessary at all in arma...

play ut3 or postal if you want to see gore lol.

the only working dismemberment mod that i know of that has been released is SLX. it's a rare occasion in SLX, apparently the way it works is it calculates weather a body is struck by something fast or not, something like a SABOT round of the M1A1. if it is, it'll gib the body that have been hit by it.

here's a thread about such and occurance.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=165

scroll down and look for my post there, it's more like gibbing then dismemberment.

the one that i got i my eyes on for a long time is is RKSL's he have this pretty cool dismemberment script(or so it seems because i've only seen it on youtube, at altitude and through a FLIR filter at that lol )

hehe well i hope or i beat someone might release one . No i dont wanna play UT not really into futuristic games, only gore game i play is SOF2 smile_o.gif , yes i am a gore fan i like alot of blood in my games it just seems odd though when some guy in ArmA who get pounded by a artillery shell doesnt even have a leg or arm exploded off. Yes i found the SLX dismemberment alright but as i said it still has issues like having to actually should directly at the target so they explode and also the fact that i didnt like the model. Nothing against SLX but his mod is damn fine smile_o.gif. Im sure someone out there is still working on one and maybe might release one.

SOF2 was actually highly overdone. It's actually quite difficult to blast someone to pieces.

Lot of experience trying to blast people to pieces in your work as a park ranger, Plaintiff?

Dismemberment would be a technically impressive bit of scripting, although I think it'd be too much for me to stomach nowerdays. When I was 16 i'd have probably said "omg, cool", but now to me, it's one of those nasty bits of war (yeah, death is nasty, but atm ingame it's clean) that I don't particually want to see recreated as 'entertainment'. That said, good luck with it, because as I said, from a pure technical point of view, it'd be impressive if someone could do it.

Lot of experience trying to blast people to pieces in your work as a park ranger, Plaintiff?

Dismemberment would be a technically impressive bit of scripting, although I think it'd be too much for me to stomach nowerdays. When I was 16 i'd have probably said "omg, cool", but now to me, it's one of those nasty bits of war (yeah, death is nasty, but atm ingame it's clean) that I don't particually want to see recreated as 'entertainment'. That said, good luck with it, because as I said, from a pure technical point of view, it'd be impressive if someone could do it.

Same here, but if you're watching closely what's happening to a body or a man then you're not doing something right. In most cases you would be too far off to actually see anything.

But hey, if you can pull it off, then have your modding fun.

There's already Iraqi's(well soon), Hamas, Insurgents, IED's and Women in ArmA, why not dismemberment. Next stop: kids and adorable puppies with the "throw" animation. I mean, go big or go home.

wink_o.gif

There's already Iraqi's(well soon), Hamas, Insurgents, IED's and Women in ArmA, why not dismemberment. Next stop: kids and adorable puppies with the "throw" animation. I mean, go big or go home.

wink_o.gif

rofl, anyway im not wondering something same as SOF2 i just want a mod that will cause chaos to a body when impacted by a heavy shell. So for example a grenade lands very close to a guy maybe 1-2 m alway when grenade explodes his leg or or whatever thats closer to the grenade gets torn part . I know something like this will be hard to create but i can be done. So many people say this and that cant be done when actually it is and can be.

For something like that to work it'd take a huge range of other factors to implement to satisfy your gory needs. Sometimes grenades wont take off legs, ditto for mortar rounds.

Audie Murphy for example survived a direct mortar round impact, directly underneath his feet. The two men next to him died.

From memory, the Y2K3 mod for OFP had a dismemberment system of sorts. If hit by explosive ordnance, the victim would explode in a storm of bones and blood.

I think it was done in a similar (eventhandler) manner to what Nephilum described previously, but wasn't as specific to body parts.

If you don't want a blood and guts mod, don't download it.

Kay?

Kay.

I'd play a kill-all-the-children mod if it came out. I want PTSD from a computer game.

Not trying to blast people to pieces, but put them back together. And I have colleagues with military experience in the ranger program who have higher medical qualifications than most fire fighters. At one time I was really interested in this kind of thing, like, how does this kind of game stuff compare with the reality of combat so I asked a lot of questions. I've also done a lot of reading on the subject and you would typically find dismemberment type injuries from shell fragments and such, not from a few m60 shots like in sof2. In sof2, it was possible to turn someone into a side of beef with the m60 in a very few shots. In reality the human body is quite resistant to coming apart.

Statistically, amputees represent a small portion of war wounded. This is due to increased personal armour technology, which generally leaves the limbs relatively unprotected. Some article I read says that as of january 2007, the Iraq war produced its 500th amputee. It doesn't say whether that those are traumatic amputations or surgical ones. Out of 10 wounded soldiers, 9 will survive, and of those survivors, 2.2% will be amputees. Amputees represent 5% of the group whose wounds prevent them from returning to active duty. As of july of that year, there were 911 amputees from OEF and OIF, 42% of which were produced by roadside bombs. I wonder what the rest were produced by.

http://www.istl.org/07-fall/internet2.html

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1580531,00.html

I'd play a kill-all-the-children mod if it came out. I want PTSD from a computer game.

Sorry, the point is you shouldn't be able to have it(such a gaming experience).