Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Field Reporter

I got the idea to make a new and perhaps more realistic field reporter, slightly inspired by Ross Kemp in Afghanistan.

there isn't much special about it, I would have liked to put some more to it but didn't really know what, its pretty much just a retexture of BIS' field reporter with a helmet.

I hope moviemakers can put it to some use, since supershooter posted his viva la revolution movie I have been hopeing for some more news like movies so this is my contribute to that

reporter1du8.jpg

reporter2za6.jpg

Download Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/111340352/Field_reporter.rar.html

In case your woundering... the other units are a personal retexture/remodeling of the 3rd infantry division addon

I was thinking about that but after watching a lot of news programs from Iraq and Afghanistan I couldn't find one with that on their flak vests

Immediate mission idea: assault 100+ taliban and dont have that tv team killed - intruducing ArmA AI as special guest rofl.gif

Apart from that Nice work!

And how about a camera guy? smile_o.gif

Immediate mission idea: you have to get a photo of Paris Hilton as she's leaving the mall and you suddenly get ambushed by 100+ paparazzi trying to get the same photo!

Did anyone ever port over any type of camera/weapon models for ArmA like Gummi's Camera Tool for OFP:R? Giving the dude a video camera or small handycam in the weapon slot would be awesome...

lol.. its ross kemp in afghanistan arma style

edit: why is he staring at the soldiers ass in the 1st pic? huh.gif

This reminds me of the book "Black Nights" by Oliver Poole.

Could turn up interesting.

This could come in handy for any film maker. It could also be used in MP matches as a type of designated non-combatant for video purposes, or just, for ambience in the mission.

Pretty cool. It seems to missing something on the back though, like wrinkles under the back area of the armpit. Edit: Ah, that's one thing that is missing, the "high-collar." The collar appears to be about 3.5inches on the vests, yet on the model it appears to be only about 1.5inches.

You might be able to make him like a one man camera team in that you could execute a cam on the player that could be executed something to the effect of:

Quote[/b] ] _player AddAction ["TrackCam","Reporter\TrackCam.sqs"]

Geloxo's Handy Tools' script manualcam.sqs or trackcam.sqs would be really good for that. Manualcam would need tweaking to work. Of course, when used in multi, that would be a problem.

I was thinking about that but after watching a lot of news programs from Iraq and Afghanistan I couldn't find one with that on their flak vests

actually, it might depend on whether the reporter in question is using the 'crotch plate' that is supposed to cover the nether regions - when not used, it folds up and buttons to the chest (and may cover the 'PRESS' label on the front).

ayers_200.jpg

PRESS-3.jpg

other than that, maybe add some pockets and stuff to make the vest look less plain?

the vest is just a plain flak vest but if I make something like a camera man I'm guessing he would need some more pockets and stuff.

I might add some more to this but it was just a sudden idea and I don't have time to put too much into this, should anyone have any pictures of the equipment they might use it would make it a bit easier

Looks nice.

Btw, are those Dutch units with the tv reporter in the screenie?

no as I mentioned they are a remodeled version of the U.S. 3rd infantry division

thats the slx mod that does that you can walk like that with it too the field repporter acctually is a lot better with the slx otherwise he'll just lie down all the time

I got the idea to make a new and perhaps more realistic field reporter, slightly inspired by Ross Kemp in Afghanistan.

there isn't much special about it, I would have liked to put some more to it but didn't really know what, its pretty much just a retexture of BIS' field reporter with a helmet.

I hope moviemakers can put it to some use, since supershooter posted his viva la revolution movie I have been hopeing for some more news like movies so this is my contribute to that

smile_o.gif

bigstone

Do not quote images, by now you should know that. wink_o.gif