Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

How does the SLX 1.02 fare in MP world? Me and my team used ESP until now, but bugs make you go crazy... SLX 0.99 had severe problems in playing MP, for example one BMP suppresive fire lagged out the game smile_o.gif is that better in 1.02?

Since ACE won't be out any soon there are no real alternatives. XAM weights at 700megs itself, so I cannot recommend it to my team.

So, is it worth trying out 1.02 when playing in a closed (locked) group of 15players+?

Kroky I'm confused. You talk of certain pbos needed to run the standalone drag & wounds system but not all of them are listed on the downloads page you linked. Is it not possible to use the SLX mod files and then just remove everything but these?:

- SLX_Wounds.pbo

- SLX_Cloud.pbo

- SLX_Arma_Voices.pbo

- SLX_Shout

- SLX_NetCode.pbo

Yes do it just like that. You only need these files to get wounds/drag system to work. Make sure you use the latest of them!

Quote[/b] ]All content in this addon made by SLX may be modified and used in any way with or without credit, except for parts that are under other licenses. SLX_ModWeapons is under the BIS models license. All content copyright by it's respective author(s).

Taken from SLX Readme.

Thanks!

So I'm blind...

zSLX little update - 1.2 MB

Hi all, this mod is very nice, excellent, but the damage of the weapons is too much low: for example, a silenced weapon with "slower ammo" (talking about the speed) isn't too much deadly: an headshot kills a man with every weapons but I saw that with this ammo (and sometimes too with the "standard ammo" with some weapons, as the SPR talking about the sniper) is too much easy to survive.

Alberto

Quote[/b] ]All content in this addon made by SLX may be modified and used in any way with or without credit, except for parts that are under other licenses. SLX_ModWeapons is under the BIS models license. All content copyright by it's respective author(s).

Taken from SLX Readme.

Thanks!

So I'm blind...

zSLX little update - 1.2 MB

mr zGuba I thank you on behalf of Solus and me!

Sorry that I wasn't there to reply to your question but it seems like you found the answer!

I'm gonna try this fix right away and it's offcourse posted in the Topic Post so everyone knows there are people continueing Solus' hard work and make SLX better and better. smile_o.gif

Hope more talented mod makers follow in your foot-steps!

Well, watching more well it, I'm starting thinking that it isn't bad biggrin_o.gif

I found a bug: burying a ELS corpse, there's an error about the Ak74, I don't remember what it said. The game doesn't crash but there's the error.

Small question:

do you think that you will add the ak47, perhaps too in the single player campaign? (in the ammo and weapons crates for example)

Excellent mod guys wink_o.gif

I saw too that sometimes there are some small problems for the animations, for example hitting someone, sometimes he will not do the falling to the ground animation but he will jump the animation and will appear to the ground..(i don't know if I explained well the situation)Have I to install some other fix pack or similar?

Another bug is the rocket launcher animation: there isn't a reloading animation, for the USA rocket launcher, and too for the javelin (i didn't see if there's the animation for the RPG7)

Bye

@ Nov. 26 2008,23:25)]Another bug is the rocket launcher animation: there isn't a reloading animation,  for the USA rocket launcher, and too for the javelin (i didn't see if there's the animation for the RPG7)

Bye

Hmm-pretty sure it's a one-shot and your done with the rocket launchers.

uuh, guys, I don't know why, but now, I've a problem that before I hadn't:

When I open ArmA I've this error message:

No entry '@SLX\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/SoldierBP.scope

EDIT: Solved ^^

Ehy guys, please can you help me? I want to insert in the single player campaign in the weapons crates (and possibly, during the briefingm as I said some posts ago) the Ak47 contained in the RH_Aks pack. What have I to modify in config.cpp?

Thank you very much. Helps would be appreciated *_*

zSLX Revision 2

Readme:

Quote[/b] ]Changes and additions:

VehicleEffects:

- autorotation script optimised

- people abandon sinking choppers

- pilots eject from Ka-50 when going down due to damaged rotors

- EXPERIMENTAL: burning damage effect spawned locally on ALL units (however shouldn't damage remote units! to be tested) to reduce bandwith usage - thanks to some Turkish guy who noticed it when I blew Balmopan up with GAU-8 once smile_o.gif

EngineStart rev. 3

- now affects AI too, but does not make AI turn engine on and off all the time

- fixed an mistake in MP coding from previous release

- script detects if player is using 1st camera view to declare whether to use proper technique of playing sound.

ModCore

- I don't remember what exactly was changed, compare gameplay with official addon and this one

ShotEffects:

- disabled SLX tracers by default. To enable them back, set variable SLX_TracersOn to true.

EDIT: To be underlined -rev. 2 uses new technique of throwing passengers out of sinking chopper

I had SLX 1.0 on my machine, which used to give wierd "Shout" errors on the menu screen. However I think it used to work ok.

I've now moved over to the work done by Kroky and ZGuba but in missions I get mission .ca errors or missing speech errors. "Whatthefuckwasthat" etc errors.

Anyone got an idea if the original SLX changed something in a config that I need to change back?

I really don't want to have to reinstall ArmA if I can avoid it.

I'm getting a few errors about the config whenever I try to play with SLX.

One of them being "No Entry '@SLX\bin\config.cpp/cfgweapons/M4AIM.selectionFireAnim"

Another "No Entry '@SLX\bin\config.cpp/cfgweapons/FakeWeapon.DisplayName"

Any help for this? I can't play with the mod - these errors show up whenever i try to start a mission.

Not seen any replies his problem?

I'm having it too confused_o.gif

I've almost read through the 41 pages wow_o.gif

I'm currently using ECS-also on our private server but want to test SLX too.

But ive prob missed it somewhere!

Any help guys! smile_o.gif

ck

Thanks for the tips guys!  tounge2.gif  tounge2.gif  tounge2.gif  tounge2.gif

So far can only run it error free by using absolutley no addons what so ever including QG!   confused_o.gif

Sorry- wish I could help you guys. Maybe a re-install of SLX and re-do the batch file thingy?

I use a new folder with just the SLX files I like ie.Melee;Shot effects;Wounded etc, with ECS and Xam with no errors so you might want to try creating a your own folder with just the SLX addon pbo.'s you want that don't require SLX Bin.

OK-after alot of disabling/enabling mods!

And removing one by one pbo's from mod folders etc!

The cause of my error(our UK mod pack with various stuff in it) has been located to 'TheSun Landrovers Pbo's'  crazy_o.gif

Taking those 2 pbos out i get no errors running:-

SLX

ECS

AACF Sound

Desert Weapons

Una FOV

All islands

Zcf1

Proper island stuff

Etc etc etc

I am getting errors too? I have never used your Mod before.

I started with nothing but 1.14V

Installed

SLX Mod

SLX Update 1.01

SLX Update 1.02

SLX Wounds

SLX Little Update Rev3

I get errors:

Can't open slx_veh\slx_m113.p3d

No entry

'@SLX\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Tanks/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.initAngleY'.

Then crashes to Desktop?

Sorry.

I always used to get this error with SLX per zGuba's fix but it never crashed. I'd just hit "OK" and was on my way. I'd say it's a conflict but if your just using ArmA 1.14 and nothing else that's probably not the cause.

Are you using XEH as well? Did you DL SLX vehicles too? I can't remember for sure but I believe it had to be DL'd separate from SLX when Solus released it. I can't remember if it was included in the updates neither.

Thanks for the help, yes I did use latest XEH, but I did not download any Vehicles as it was not listed in required downloads. Not sure what Vehicle download to get? crazy_o.gif

But I will look for it and try again.

Thanks xmas_o.gif

Thanks for the help, yes I did use latest XEH, but I did not download any Vehicles as it was not listed in required downloads.  Not sure what Vehicle download to get?  crazy_o.gif

But I will look for it and try again.

Thanks xmas_o.gif

You'll find SLX Vehicles here

Can I suggest that we have a new thread with ongoing Dev in it? AS we can't update the first 42 pages with new instructions, it's going to be rather confusing for people starting from scratch.

I've just found out that my errors aren't coming from SLX as far as I know either by the way, but I'd appreciate someone taking the time to list filesizes/last modified dates of the files, so I can make sure I have what is required for the new revisions.