Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

An important question about VehicleEffects: could the burn effect be disabled when the vehicle is sunk up / the soldier is swimming/in water? ('put out fire!' action done immediately)

Mod itself is great but its still has very annoying bug we are able to destroy tanks with mg that completely ruins the tank battles because tanks are firing each other with machine guns don't know if its fixable but i would be very pleased if you just try  whistle.gif

Hi there

I like the features of your mod. The AI and all, but ive read alot of your statemants saying "AI wil drag wounded teamates into cover while other teamate covers? " Ive never seen that in your mod before? I hope i installed it correctly. Cuz your effects and everything and sounds is working?

I used the addon shortcut method

ANY REPLIES? I WOULD SERIOUSLY LIKE TO ENCHANCE THE URBAN WARFARE INGAME, AND USE THIS MOD FOR THE MISSION WARFARE MODE . WOULD LOVE TO SEE TEAMATES DRAG WOUNDED TO SAFETY AND ALL THAT STUFF WOULD JUST ADD A WHOLE LOT OF REALISM.

ANY REPLIES? I WOULD SERIOUSLY LIKE TO ENCHANCE THE URBAN WARFARE INGAME, AND USE THIS MOD FOR THE MISSION WARFARE MODE . WOULD LOVE TO SEE TEAMATES DRAG WOUNDED TO SAFETY AND ALL THAT STUFF WOULD JUST ADD A WHOLE LOT OF REALISM.

Caps are used for beginnings of sentences and pronouns -not tantrums tounge2.gif

As far as remember, this would happen occasionally depending on the circumstances and maybe luck. Dragging is delayed if the AI feels they are still under threat as well.

Do the rest of SLX's features work and any other mods running with it?

Lol sorry for the caps, that was not TANTRUM BY THE WAY tounge2.gif

Anyway, yes looks like everything else works, but the ai never helps a teamate even after ive taken a city in warfare. Do only medics drag wounded teamtes to safety?

Well i saw alot of comments regarding the fact that the teamate wil drag wounded out of danger and another teamie wil do the covering. pistols.gif

Not only warfare but any other mission mod or editor testing.

hey , there seem to be a problem with other mods working with the SLX, like the lost brothers mod, that when you fire a gun it says that there is no recoil or something. only happens when the SLX mod is working.

The best Mod for Armed Assault out there, although in Combat you get a noticeable bad performence it still makes my day to see Teammates dragging eachother to cover for medical treatment, and if your Soldier is incapitated a Medic automacticly comes over without being asked to.

Amazing!

and another thing, it sometimes gives me an error that goes like this:

No Entry

'@SLX\bin\config.cpp/cfgvehicles/T72/Turrets/Mainturret/turrets/commanderoptics/viewgunner.initAngley.'

does the same thing with the abrams tank. Any idea whats the problem?

I can't start SLX. When I click the start.bat, it shows a black window for a millisecond and does nothing after that. This might have been asked again but I'd be happy if someone would answer it one more time. Thanks.

Probably you are using Vista?

If so yes, was already answered. Press "print topic" on top, that will show you the entire thread in one page and than you can easily search for it useing "Ctrl + f".

Yeah, I think this may have been mentioned before. It's been a while since I've read this thread though so I'm not 100% sure.

I can't start SLX. When I click the start.bat, it shows a black window for a millisecond and does nothing after that. This might have been asked again but I'd be happy if someone would answer it one more time. Thanks.

don't use then the start.bat included in the rar file, use a standard shorcut including the mod=@slx or even better, try to use the Arma launcher by Kegetys to see if it works.

I tried using slx with say warfare and the AI was still the default AI. Although I only tried this a couple times and got different results.

I use slx with mfcti and everything seemed to work. (ai shouting, Ai using the animations and dragging sometimes)

I dont know about suprression.

I dont think SLX overides the crcti, but I did try with OGNCTI and it worked. Didnt test that much.

Any fix for these config.cpp error messages previously mentioned? confused_o.gif

Was anyone able so separate the injured sistem to make it standalone? And does it work with the 1.14?

I did that with the vehicles (it add the start-up and other things), but I had some problems with the injured sistem, don't know if it was because I was using ArmA with the 1.14 patch, or because I was doing something wrong.

Is there a way to get people to start as captive in the editor?

This setcaptive true

in the units Init line.

~~ALSO~~

Any chance of getting the ability to drag downed soldiers around as a separate mod? I love this ability and would love to have just that separate part for my units online co-op play. Thx

Ah, thanks for that. I was thinking I had to type this setcaptive A1, naming one of the captors A1, in the captive's init line.

EDIT: The captives still seem to enjoy shooting people, though. Is there a way to spawn them without weapons, other than using the 'captive' unit?

EDIT: Ah, it's probably in the wiki.

EDIT: Yep, found it. What annoys me is that when you pick up a weapon when captive, and start shooting at the enemies, they still don't retaliate. Is there a way to start a player critically wounded too?

EDIT: The captives still seem to enjoy shooting people, though. Is there a way to spawn them without weapons, other than using the 'captive' unit?

EDIT: Yep, found it. What annoys me is that when you pick up a weapon when captive, and start shooting at the enemies, they still don't retaliate. Is there a way to start a player critically wounded too?

1st question: Removeallweapons This

2nd question: this setdamage "anything under 1"

Example: This setdamage 0.7

a general question:

Is Solus still working on SLX?

I believe so but somewhere a few pages back he mentioned he will be very busy for sometime and work will be done slowly. Maybe I'm mistaken though.

I just noticed that SLX have taken out range when AI report enemy sightings. What pbo do I need to disable so I can have the range back?

Thank you

I'm using SLX mod for a long time now, but the range reporting was never taken out IIRC.

This must be another addon, maybe @EVA?

@Solus

I would suggest you make SLX more modular. The same way you started with SLX Vehicles. There are so many good mods out there, that are overlapping with SLX. I think the system ECS introduced is very good. (My dream would be to have the ECS console ingame for both ECS and SLX to enable/disable features ingame, so testing would be a lot quicker, than instead of this to disabling .pbo and firing up the game again...

I suggest to split as many additions as possible to be standalone:

- SLX vehicles

- SLX weapons

- SLX animations

- SLX smoke (there are very good other smoke addons)

- SLX M136/AT4 (i.e. I would like to use the addon that actually drops the launcher after firing the missile)

- SLX Wounds

- SLX FindCover

- SLX Dodge

- SLX Suppress

- SLX Melee

- SLX ShotEffects (Tracers)

- SLX Additional Speech

- SLX Shouts

- SLX Sound replacements (Especially sonic cracks should be optional...it overwrites sonic cracks of most of the sound mods.)

- SLX weapon recoils, sway, ROF (maybe 3 pbos), there are very good alternatives for weapon configs as TrueMods or the one from Q11

- SLX GL3 should be splitted in separate pbos for the different special actions AI makes, as many additions overlap with ECS or FFN i.e.

So people could pick the desired effects that work independently and this would greatly improve performance when running a bunch of mods. Would it be possible that you borrow the ingame menu from ECS to make possible to switch features on and off?

Victor Farbau (VFAI) made a little (Nokia N95 smile_o.gif) console to switch some features on off during playing. This way the player could switch some features off, when a lot is going on to enhance performance and then switch features on when the times are calm.

i.e. I use this with VFAI console: when in the midst of a firefight I switch the AI Equipment feature off (AI will not go astray for weapon searching/rearming, then when the battle is getting calmer I switch on again. (This would be very useful for Manoever and Suppression.)

What do you think?

PS. I forgot one thing. There is an option in ECS to define how many processes (for AI enhancing) should be processed  simultanously (default is 50, I dropped it to 25), this way the CPU load can be kept in reasonable measures. Can you achieve this for SLX too?