Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

I just downloaded this yesterday, but i got one problem, I cant use binocular anymore. the soldier brings up the binoc, but the binoc view (zoom in view) doesnt show up. he just stare at the binoc. i tried it with vanilla arma 1.14 and its not a problem. tried it with slx only, then got the problem. no other addon is installed.

another thing, in the extra folders, there are rug_dsai voices, and i choose to use spain voices, but when starting up, it says it requires rud_dsai, but no where in the extra folder can be found.

thank you...

I thought it was broken also, except for when I used the "optics" view button (mine is set to right mouse button). Use that and see if that works.

the mod is still in beta... heh waaay beta stage, but at least it is stable. Things will be missing and/or otherwise forgotten about from what I can gather from playing this mod.

another thing, in the extra folders, there are rug_dsai voices, and i choose to use spain voices, but when starting up, it says it requires rud_dsai, but no where in the extra folder can be found.

thank you...

I never actually noticed he'd included a bridge addon for RUG DSAI biggrin_o.gif Stupid me for not reading the readme.

Anyway, since the files are so small, I assume they're merely config changes : that is to say, for them to work you'll need RUG_DSAI installed. Just head over here: Link and download it. Not sure where you'll want to put the files though, whether they should go in the SLX folder or just be loaded normally. I've been playing with SLX + modfolder DSAI, no problems, but then I haven't had these extra files loaded either. smile_o.gif I'd assume though that if you load the folders in the right order, there should be no conflict.

Edit: Just opened up his files, and he's apparently using the OLD 0.1-0.4 version of RUG DSAI: however since he's entirely switched around the way they're initialized (using his own SLX system) it doesn't really matter. I'd still assume you just need to have the actual language packs loaded, and stuff should work out all right. And you also need the slx_rug_dsai_xeh.pbo file loaded, I'd assume.

Eech, my ugly old code. crazy_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

Binoculars should be equiped first and then you can bring them up through optics view wink_o.gif

So you can walk around with binocs when not in front of your face. smile_o.gif

thank you for the answer.. now it works. thanks.

but.. there is always a but. now its hard to call out/designate target because one moment i was viewing the binoc, call out target with right click, then i stare at the binoc. have to right click again to view the binoc.

is there a workaround for this?

is there a workaround for this?

Yes. In your control options change 'reveal' to something else.

Surely if you have your sights/optics key mapped to the same button as reveal, you experience the same problem in normal ArmA when revealing targets with your rifle equipped? huh.gif

By default reveal should be mapped to "hold right mouse button", so instead of tapping it you hold it for a second. That way you don't raise or lower your sights when revealing targets.

@madmatt.. erm, you had a point, but in my experience, when using rifle sight, and call out target, it doesnt change to normal view... maybe its been long time since i played ARMA... cant remember. maybe i never use reveal target with rifle scope...

Whenever I execute the shortcut, this error appears in the main menu:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Cannot open object slx_veh\slx_m113.p3d

The game then crashes seconds later.

I know I've installed the mod right. I unzipped @SLX to the folder that ArmA was installed in. I also removed all the other mods in my shortcut, so all it reads is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@SLX;

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using Vista and ArmA v1.14.

Dono about v1.12, but I use Vista and v1.14.

That error is stating that you didn't install the SLX_Vehicle mod, check the first post and you will find it after the screenshots.

Also, You should remove the ";" at the end of the shortcut.

BTW, welcome to the forums.   welcome.gif

Dono about v1.12, but I use Vista and v1.14.

That error is stating that you didn't install the SLX_Vehicle mod, check the first post and you will find it after the screenshots.

Oh yeah, it's 1.14.

I installed the SLX_Vehicle mod and now I get this error at the main menu:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWB/HitHead.name'.

Also, is it normal for the loading screen to be pitch black?

Yea your going to get a lot of errors as I get the same thing. The loading movie does take a while to load as with any mission using this mod. Its still beta, but stable.

One thing that bothers me is the tank commander view optics bug. Every time I shoot while in the tank commander position on the M1A1, I turn out and get shoot automatically crazy_o.gif

The mod works pretty well in spite of the errors. Sometimes the AI takes cover and sometimes it doesn't. One thing that annoys me though is the loud sharp sound that occurs randomly whenever someone fires a gun. I don't know where it's coming from.

I also made a test map with several squads moving into an area infested with enemies. There's a huge firefight; and after it's all over, some squads just form up at their current position and don't finish the move objective. Is this normal?

The mod works pretty well in spite of the errors. Sometimes the AI takes cover and sometimes it doesn't. One thing that annoys me though is the loud sharp sound that occurs randomly whenever someone fires a gun. I don't know where it's coming from.

That loud POP noise is supposed to be the bullet traveling faster than the speed of sound. I think when the developer of SLX implemented that noise, they edited it improperly, to me it sounds as if its made in stereo which makes it so the whole map can hear it instead of it being mono... I dono really, haven't dissected this mod yet.

Quote[/b] ]

I also made a test map with several squads moving into an area infested with enemies. There's a huge firefight; and after it's all over, some squads just form up at their current position and don't finish the move objective. Is this normal?

Dono about that test mission of yours, it all depends on how you set it up.

Quote[/b] ]

Dono about that test mission of yours, it all depends on how you set it up.

It was a simple move waypoint. After all the enemy soldiers are dead, they just go back to formation where the squad leader is and just stay there without moving to the waypoint.

Dono cats the only thing I can think of is it’s the mission you made.

I get a few errors that pop up before game start in Warfare:

slxerrorsub7.th.gif

Now I have looked in the config.cpp file and although most I don't understand, I hope someone can help me fix them?

OK I've been playing with this mod for about 20 minutes now... and to be honest, *EDIT* it's not as good as I hoped.

First off, the good stuff!

+ Cool tracers

+ AI use cover

+ Good anim when dragging body!

And then the rest...

- Silly animations. The player anims look really weird.

- The speed!! What the hell? You run just as fast when you are crouched as you do when you stand up! Have you tried running crouched? And also, you don't get fattigued while doing it!

- The super fast animations!? When people die they swing their arms up into the air, and then the body flies away a few meters. Looks very silly!

- Why can you see the bullets in the air like tiny puffs?

- The bullets are slow.

- "RELOADING!!" uses like 5 different voices... why? At one time I have a nice high pitched voice, and the second time I have a low bas voice.

- The swim anims are also wierd. You can swim with your arms above water, and under. Just move the mouse up or down and the guy will do what you want it to. Silly.

- I shot with the M16 at one time and then I was teleported to the far end left corner (X8 was the coordinate) for no apparent reason.

- Error when I boot up Arma, without the SLX Vehicles addon. If I don't have that one, the game can't start etc. So I had do install that as well (!wink_o.gif

There seems to be a few things you could improve. It has apparent compatibility problems with other addons.

(edited)

it sucks donkey dick!

C'mon man, show a little respect towards Solus. I'm not ripping on the critiques cause they're all valid and it's crucial for people to give their feedback, my reply is only directed at this one comment.

I don't have any clue if it's in jest or a snide swipe at Solus, and it's not my place to make that judgment. I just want to suggest you rethink/edited or remove it. Solus has spent a lot of time on this, and many years on these forums, and never asks for anything in return. The least we can do is be respectful or avoid posting something others may feel is a flame.

This is just a small suggestion. What ever you decide is none of my business, just want to defuse a battle before it begins.(Just in case, it may go unnoticed.) And if it's only in jest I'd hate to see you get in trouble for a figure of speech.

EDIT:

You may want to do a quick search or "find" of this thread. A few of the things you listed have ways to tweak or remove the effects. I think some of the animations look odd because of ArmA engine limitations, that's just a guess though cause I don't have a clue.

Also, what Mods/AddOns have you found to have troubles working with SLX? Can you list each of them here or PM to me. I'm trying to put together a list of which AddOns and Mods conflict with the SLX Mod, and if the addition of XEH would help  to get things running smoothly in concert.

Nice said Manzilla. Solus deserves some respect for what he has done. icon_rolleyes.gif And he did a great job I have to say.

Unfortunately, the more complex things are, the more bugs they have. I hope we will see an update for this great mod. (and I hope it will be with increased FPS wink_o.gif )

EDIT: After a long time I ran it again and realized, that Ive never tried for example choppers. The effects are awesome! Such a pity that it decreses FPS so much and makes me unable to control AIs on my own through scripting commands. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]C'mon man, show a little respect towards Solus. I'm not ripping on the critiques cause they're all valid and it's crucial for people to give their feedback, my reply is only directed at this one comment.

OK I'm sorry for that, it was uncalled for.

Quote[/b] ]Also, what Mods/AddOns have you found to have troubles working with SLX? Can you list each of them here or PM to me. I'm trying to put together a list of which AddOns and Mods conflict with the SLX Mod, and if the addition of XEH would help  to get things running smoothly in concert.

I think some of the other AI scripts I use crash with this addon. I think TrueGameplayMods might be one of the biggest problems because it also changes things.

This mod slows everything down, especially if you have vehicles. I put about 6 humvees on my test map, and the game would sometimes crash. It's probably the fire and smoke effects.

This mod runs fine on my system, and I consider it now after a year of owning it to be of medium range...

What other addons and/or mods are you launching with SLX? Whats your system specs?

This mod runs fine on my system, and I consider it now after a year of owning it to be of medium range...

What other addons and/or mods are you launching with SLX? Whats your system specs?

I'm running nothing but SLX and SLX Vehicles. I have 2.4GHz C2D, 8800GTS, and 2GB RAM. It only slows down and crashes during a firefight.