Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

This bug has been reported yet smile_o.gif don't worry about.

That ZADYMA happened to me last time I played Berzerk 1.23 /Pita/ - the trees behind these buildings were set on fire after I shot them with GAU-12 shortly after capturing the dock. The fire grew up for 30 minutes and the smoke was everywhere on the battlefield xD these trees must be extremely effective sources of energy wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This bug has been reported yet don't worry about.

When you put *YET* im not sure if you made are typo, your saying the Bug has been Reported and is being looked at to fix?

Open Start SLX.bat with a text editor like notepad and replace everything in there with this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@ECHO off

cls

echo Starting SLX for ArmA

echo.

cd ..

arma.exe -nosplash -mod=DBE1;@addons;@SLX

Then try running the .bat

Also I set up a dedicated server with Warfare and it seems to be running fine even after a couple hours, and rejoining the game in progress works too.

Thanks, it work

And i just had quite a sad moment in slx. i was healin this SLA guy(i was RACS) and he somehow died in the process, this made me a little sad.

"war is not nice" -Barbara Bush. and BTW,the guy who died, he deserved it, by joining the revolution... or whatever mission u were playing. biggrin_o.gif

I LOVE SLX GUYS...However! with this new patch it runs fine for a little bit untill this script error occurs:

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9562/slxerroryo2.jpg

Now heres the story me and my mates use DAC and host it on a non-dedicated server (just run it from NEW in mulitplayer menu) and when and sometimes before this error ever shows up it lags, it causes absolute desync when the Error occurs but lags partially with my mates before sometimes. NOW! we tried this on a dedicated server hosted by my mate and guess what, same things happen. Then we thought maybe the general desync is DAC related, with assumptions being right, we tried running a non-script heavy mission and initial or partial lag was GONE! HOWEVER, Further into game THAT^^^^ error occurs again on all players computers then *BANG!* server begins to desync and was holding like that for..well we quit after 5 minutes.

Could you please assist us with this problem or is it SLX related we installed SLX from scratch and also the patch was installed properly we cant do anything about this.

I've also come across this issue in a private multiplayer server, as soon as it comes up it usually reduces client fps to 3-5 and results in a desync'd game/crash

After some playing around, I looked around the addons and removed the SLX_Fire.sqf in the VehicleEffects.pbo, and the problem was solved. now theres no fire/smoke on destroyed vehicles obviously, but the game doesnt crash and that's always nice smile_o.gif

And If I put a quick debug hint in the beginning of SLX_Fire.sqf, it seems that when a vehicle is destroyed this file is called 4+ times, sometimes more in multiplayer games. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but since the smoke looks extremely heavy and laggy it seems to me like the script replicating hundreds of times could be the source of the lag/crashing. Just thought that might be of some help.

Otherwise I love the mod and it's very well done thumbs-up.gif

I've fixed the errors and made bleeding, bandaging, and first aid work in MP:

http://files.filefront.com/SLX+Mod....fo.html

I haven't seen any slowdown from fire on the dedicated server on the same machine, or any on a dedicated server on a LAN, so I don't know why it's lagging on connections over the net. I'll have to look into it more to see if there's anything that can be done. As far as I can tell MP should be running fine with this patch.

its something to do with that fire script solus. i dont know what you have done if you may have done anything in the past to fix it but myself and multiple of my clan mates are experiancing problems with it, We did what korax said and made a patch of with removing that fire SLX_Fire.sqf, but now the vehicles have no smoke or fire effects, BUT if its worth not seeing these effects to drag our mates out of tight spots is good enough for me.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No entry '@SLX\bin\config.cpp/CfgWeapons.'.

Dedicated server survives. I can reproduce the crash to desktop every time - no other addons other than SLX (and XEH). Picking a weapon from an ammo crate causes the error, trying again causes a CTD. Running ArmA 1.14 and SLX 1.02.

edit: doesn't occur on a listen-server game

edit: resolved! The linux server doesn't seem to like the capital letters in the filenames (especially the dta folder), seems to be working fine after renaming everything.

New problem: Linux 1.14 server crashes just as the fighting starts, seems to be completely random.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Warnings in slx_wounds\models\slx_weaponholder.p3d:11000

Bad animation file format in file ''.

Critical:Destroying running thread!

Hello, i would like to document and illustrate a bug that has caused me much frustration in the game.

When in multiplayer, and another player is shot, and is dragged by another player, this happens

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=YIqqOTG5VsI

for some reason, when drag is selected, the player is instantly kicked out of drag on MP.

I read earlier that this has something to do with AI squad leaders, bit it doesnt as i set us in separate groups and the error still occurred.

Also, when the person cannot be dragged, one naturally gives first aid, but when that person stands up again, (aid receiver) , he has the headbug / freelook bug.

Can someone explain this, or at least acknowledge the existence of this bug?

Cheers, just want to help

Winters

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No entry '@SLX\bin\config.cpp/CfgWeapons.'.

Dedicated server survives. I can reproduce the crash to desktop every time - no other addons other than SLX (and XEH). Picking a weapon from an ammo crate causes the error, trying again causes a CTD. Running ArmA 1.14 and SLX 1.02.

edit: doesn't occur on a listen-server game

edit: resolved! The linux server doesn't seem to like the capital letters in the filenames (especially the dta folder), seems to be working fine after renaming everything.

New problem: Linux 1.14 server crashes just as the fighting starts, seems to be completely random.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Warnings in slx_wounds\models\slx_weaponholder.p3d:11000

Bad animation file format in file ''.

Critical:Destroying running thread!

Thanks for that crash log! I think I know how to fix the Linux server crash bug now!

Winters1807: Thanks, I'll work on getting the MP dragging working soon. Thanks for reporting the headbug thing! I think I've seen something like it once before, but only after dragging. I'd like to see the video of it to help figure out what's causing it.

When I load ArmA with SLX, I get an error message on the main menu screen regarding SLX_Shout. I also get no smoke ever when a ground vehicle is destroyed.

Im trying to edit the .bat file with notepad. It loads up but it wont save the changes i make. Im using vista64bit any chance you could upload a changed .bat file so i can play your mod?

Open Start SLX.bat with a text editor like notepad and replace everything in there with this

In notepad, make your changes and choose save as. Type a new filename, ie: "playslx.bat", make sure the quotes are there or it'll come out as a txt file. smile_o.gif Also, you might need to save to your desktop (or documents etc.) then move it there manually, 'cause of Vista's UAC feature.

Does the SLX 1.02 patch fix the "unable to drag someone in MP" bug? I'm not sure how to reliably reproduce it and I don't have much time to test. If someone can, please try to test for what situations dragging works or doesn't work and post the results here with as much of this information as possible:

Is the person being dragged a player or AI?

Does the bug happen 100% of the time in the same situation or does it seem to be random?

Is the player group leader?

Is the person being dragged a group leader?

Does the player or group have a waypoint to follow?

Does the person being dragged have a waypoint to follow?

Thanks for any feedback!

Charliereddog: Hmm, try reinstalling the SLX patch 1.02 files.

Does the SLX 1.02 patch fix the "unable to drag someone in MP" bug?

I've had no problems with being dragged by AI in MP games so far using 1.02, haven't tested being dragged by other players yet. I was the squad leader and the group / units had no waypoints. Also, other players in the MP game were dragged by the AI with no problems and their squads had waypoints.

Also, I've been getting ALOT of these in the arma.rpt (about 3MB worth), not sure if it's an issue but figured I'll post it anyway:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Ref to nonnetwork object 7c80398# 693242: slx_blooddropsmall1.p3d

Ref to nonnetwork object a4a8018# 693243: slx_blooddropsmall2.p3d

Does the SLX 1.02 patch fix the "unable to drag someone in MP" bug? I'm not sure how to reliably reproduce it and I don't have much time to test. If someone can, please try to test for what situations dragging works or doesn't work and post the results here with as much of this information as possible:

Is the person being dragged a player or AI?

Does the bug happen 100% of the time in the same situation or does it seem to be random?

Is the player group leader?

Is the person being dragged a group leader?

Does the player or group have a waypoint to follow?

Does the person being dragged have a waypoint to follow?

Thanks for any feedback!

Charliereddog: Hmm, try reinstalling the SLX patch 1.02 files.

Hey Solus, I've also encountered this error, and found a fix for it aswell, to clarify its ONLY when dragging another player, and it happens 100% of the time. Looking at the scripts and taking into account network lag I saw that it was executing too quickly between forcing the other unit (player) into the fake 'dragging' vehicle, and then immediately checking if he is in the vehicle. Realistically in an MP game theres a 200ms delay before the unit would actually be IN the vehicle. If I added a ~5 second delay just above the #dragging line in your SLX_Wounds\s\drag.sqs the dragging would now work perfectly in MP games.

For example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?!alive _unit:SLX_NetCode=['(_this select 1) switchmove "SLX_DraggerCargo";',_unit]; SLX_NetCode call compile (SLX_NetCode select 0); publicVariable 'SLX_NetCode';

;?!isplayer _ally:_dragger setVelocity (vectorDir _dragger)

_swim=False

;_dragger addEventHandler ["GETOUT",{player sidechat format["DRAGGER GETOUT %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9", _this,time]}]

;_dragger addEventHandler ["GETOUT",{player sidechat format["DRAGGER GETOUT %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9", _this];(_this select 2) moveincargo (_this select 0)}]

~5

#dragging

;in vehicle

@ (!alive _ally) || (!canstand _ally) || (_ally in SLX_Wounded_arr) || (!alive _unit) || ( (count (crew _dragger)<2) && !(surfaceIsWater getpos _dragger) ) || (_ally distance _unit>3) || ((((getpos _dragger) select 2)<-0.6)&&!(_swim)) || (_ally!=(driver _dragger)) || ((abs speed _dragger)>9)

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]Also, when the person cannot be dragged, one naturally gives first aid, but when that person stands up again, (aid receiver) , he has the headbug / freelook bug.

I've also run into this bug seemingly at random, but it usually has to do with getting injured in some way or another. Killing yourself and respawning will NOT help, disconnecting, restarting the game, and reconnecting via JIP into the same unit will not help either, he will still have the bug. The only chance is if the mission has another unit/JIP slot you can join into and then you'll be fine. (Have not been able to test to see if this problem happens in 1.02)

Quote[/b] ]I found the 'missing' aiming dot !

First un-pbo slx_modweapons_c.pbo

Find the section <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Rifle : RifleCore {

// SLX ADD : Access.

//// access=1;

autoFire = true;

reloadAction = "ManActReloadMagazine";

//soundContinuous = 0;

optics = false;

scope = protected;

**// cursor = "RifleCursor";

**// cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\w_weapon_S";

// SLX MOD : No crosshairs.

&& cursor="\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";

&& cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";

value = 4;

//displayName = $STR_DN_RIFLE;

nameSound = "rifle";

//reloadTime = 0.15;

//modelOptics = "-";

//sound[] = {""};

//drysound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\M16_cock_v1", 0.000316228, 1};

// //reloadsound[] = {"", 1, 1};

REMOVE the **//

COMMENT IN the && with //

Now re-pbo the file eh voila ! SLX mod WITH aiming !

Enjoy.

[TAO] Kremator

EDIT If you want the MG to have the aim dot then look for MGunCore and do the same thing as above.

If i do this i get the errormessege:

File slx_modweapons_c\config.cpp,line 4903: /CfgWeapons/Rifle.cursor: Member already defined.

Whats wrong?

I have a secound ask how can i have my 3rd person view in normal ArmA Style?

Thanks for help

bhaz: I don't know how to fix that message. Obviously something to do with the blood drop objects and the setpos on them. I think it might require too much testing for me even if I did have the time, sorry. tounge2.gif If someone else can find the fix while I'm still working on SLX_Wounds then I'll include it in the next version. Once the bugs are worked out I'll release SLX_Wounds on it's own and see if I can get the further development to be able to continue on some kind of web collaboration program for further fixes and let someone else take over. Maybe SLX_Wounds could be split up into some kind of modular setup with multiple addons for different wound effects and another for dragging and stuff.

Korax: Thanks! Will a .5 or 1 second wait work or does it need to be longer? I have no idea about the headbug/freelook bug, does it stop in or after a particular animation? Maybe it's a wounded falldown/knockdown animation that's not connecting back to the regular animations? Is it from the "healing" animation(after first aid or bandaging yourself) not connecting back into the regular animations?

Clawhammer: You have two lines in the cpp that say "cursor", delete one of them. The 3rd person on people is defined in the main SLX Mod config.

hm ok another ask, where can i translate the action menu for Dragging someone's Body? I want to have german language.

Thx for help smile_o.gif

Solus: I only put a 5 second delay because when testing I figure 'go big or go home'. It will probably still work with a lower ~1 or 2 second delay but I haven't been able to test anything else. the delay wont interrupt the smoothness of the animations or the dragging cycle though, it just gives it a certain amount of 'no restrictions' time while dragging which can be useful too.

As for the freelook/headbug, I'm pretty sure its got to be tied in to the 'lying almost dead' animation somehow (could be one of the knockdown ones aswell), because that seems to be the common variable here. although it doesn't happen 100% of the time. What's weird is even after dying, respawning, etc the freelooks still stuck crazy_o.gif

Due to my personal view of "all in or nothing" mods I keep away most of the time. Yet again another comes around that has some sweet juicy content and then loads of other "tied into things I don't want, what a shame" ... features. I notice some tweaks have been discovered here and a massive thread to trawl through.

So here goes, is there a definitive one shot post someone can make that shows how to use certain SLX features:

1. Keep the AI enemy anims & AI enemy changes in general

2. Keep Drag & Dismembered FX

3. Keep aiming HUD red dot

Kill :

Pretty much everything else and also the slow reload and speeded up walk run anims.

Or let me put it another way, how can I keep all the AI movement and behavior and kill everything else?

Then I would love this mod smile_o.gif If its to your taste the other feature are good, but the real highlights are whats in my top 3 and really should come out as a separate addon to be honest, shame its all tied into the one thing.

Hello,

I think i dream but is it possible to say me what are compatible or not in the : Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion with the GREAT SLX MOD that i use (ALL else the Loading NO picture cause you don't know if crash wait and it's boring).

Thx in advance.

Exaercase

Due to my personal view of "all in or nothing" mods I keep away most of the time. Yet again another comes around that has some sweet juicy content and then loads of other "tied into things I don't want, what a shame" ... features. I notice some tweaks have been discovered here and a massive thread to trawl through.

So here goes, is there a definitive one shot post someone can make that shows how to use certain SLX features:

1. Keep the AI enemy anims & AI enemy changes in general

2. Keep Drag & Dismembered FX

3. Keep aiming HUD red dot

Kill :

Pretty much everything else and also the slow reload and speeded up walk run anims.

Or let me put it another way, how can I keep all the AI movement and behavior and kill everything else?

Then I would love this mod smile_o.gif If its to your taste the other feature are good, but the real highlights are whats in my top 3 and really should come out as a separate addon to be honest, shame its all tied into the one thing.

Have you tried SLX yet? If not I suggest you at least give it a try. The changes are so drastic in my opinion that it's really gotta be tried in it's full glory.