Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

I found the 'missing' aiming dot !

First un-pbo slx_modweapons_c.pbo

Find the section <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Rifle : RifleCore {

// SLX ADD : Access.

//// access=1;

autoFire = true;

reloadAction = "ManActReloadMagazine";

//soundContinuous = 0;

optics = false;

scope = protected;

**// cursor = "RifleCursor";

**// cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\w_weapon_S";

// SLX MOD : No crosshairs.

&& cursor="\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";

&& cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";

value = 4;

//displayName = $STR_DN_RIFLE;

nameSound = "rifle";

//reloadTime = 0.15;

//modelOptics = "-";

//sound[] = {""};

//drysound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\M16_cock_v1", 0.000316228, 1};

// //reloadsound[] = {"", 1, 1};

REMOVE the **//

COMMENT IN the && with //

Now re-pbo the file eh voila ! SLX mod WITH aiming !

Enjoy.

[TAO] Kremator

EDIT If you want the MG to have the aim dot then look for MGunCore and do the same thing as above.

I expirienced something wierd right now, as I killed the last of an enemy groups soldiers I saw all my soldiers stand up and surrender, to nobody.

I guess they where done fighting icon_rolleyes.gif

Well please report this in the SLX bugtracker smile_o.gif

@Uziyahu--IDF:

Uhhhhh, AI don't drag ammo crates AFAIK neither do they drag anything else than an injured unit.

And for the rest of the message... PLEASE remember that Solus is just 1 man crazy_o.gif

Well I need to do more testing before I'll do that nener.gif It could very well be my own stupidity because I'm mixing it with a lot of mods.

I found the 'missing' aiming dot !

First un-pbo slx_modweapons_c.pbo

Find the section <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Rifle : RifleCore {

// SLX ADD : Access.

//// access=1;

autoFire = true;

reloadAction = "ManActReloadMagazine";

//soundContinuous = 0;

optics = false;

scope = protected;

**// cursor = "RifleCursor";

**// cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\w_weapon_S";

// SLX MOD : No crosshairs.

&& cursor="\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";

&& cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";

value = 4;

//displayName = $STR_DN_RIFLE;

nameSound = "rifle";

//reloadTime = 0.15;

//modelOptics = "-";

//sound[] = {""};

//drysound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\M16_cock_v1", 0.000316228, 1};

// //reloadsound[] = {"", 1, 1};

REMOVE the **//

COMMENT IN the && with //

Now re-pbo the file eh voila ! SLX mod WITH aiming !

Enjoy.

[TAO] Kremator

confirmed working! thanks! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]SLX mod WITH aiming !

Epic fail. rofl.gif

Para, I have noticed that sometimes when opfor and blufor are within 20 meters they don't engage each other. Sometimes they stand in one spot for up to a minute. smile_o.gif

Sound Mod sucks.

Weapons behaviour sucks.

Bullets behaviour sucks.

Tracers are too fuckin slow-motioned.. What is this? a movie? a replay? or a game??

Recoil of weapons is the worst ever tried, u can't shoot down an enemy that is 200 mtrs away with a M16.. and most of all the weapons sway makes me zombie! Holding ur breath is also useless.................

The only one good thing of this mod are the animations, nice to make a movie, but not to play with. Especially the drag stuff, that will be more useful as a stand-alone-released addon.

Ah voices are cool but when one of ur mates is injured or even u, after 15 secs u'll pray for his death if there's no medic around to help him, because he will become really silly.

Oh and btw, why u made footsteps more fast, all animations like switching ur weap (and this is really a NICE IDEA, the nicer over all the other mods) faster, but firing a mag with a M9 takes an entire life? not to talk about the grenade launcher slow-motion firing rate, and autoreloading bug that do not consumes ammos. and where are coloured smoke-trails? i can understand that reloading a machine gun can take a while, but reloading a pistol or a rifle doesn't take all that time, and btw, the M249 IS GAS OPERATED AND IS SOMEWHAT WITHOUT RECOIL IN REAL LIFE....like the standard game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkGy7-_vL8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqxLqAC8FZ4&feature=related

do u see such recoil like ur mod?

this is a MG with recoil...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJOT95Gh3k&feature=related

oh and btw this is a M16 with also 100 mag rounds... check the recoil...if u see it..

if it's not enough here is a M4 AUTO firing with low recoil (that i think in this case depends only on human aspect if u check it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ShIWPEd8J8&feature=related

goodnight.gif

Sound Mod sucks.

There are only a couple sounds that were added into SLX. You're supposed to use your own sound mod.

Weapons behaviour sucks.

According to you. I quite enjoyed it. Recoils were a bit much for the rifles.

Bullets behaviour sucks.

How about you ellaborate on that. Otherwise, pics or it didn't happen.

Tracers are too fuckin slow-motioned.. What is this? a movie? a replay? or a game??

Tracers need to be updated like with Sickboy's 6thSense tracers, yes. But they're not horrible on the whole. Better than default ARMA.

Recoil of weapons is the worst ever tried, u can't shoot down an enemy that is 200 mtrs away with a M16.. and most of all the weapons sway makes me zombie!

You should rephrase the "U can't shoot down an enemy that is 200..." to "I can't shoot down an enemy that is 200..." because I don't have a problem with it. That's probably more to do with the hit values it takes to take down an enemy.

Holding ur breath is also useless.................

Well, at least you put SOME effort into it.

The only one good thing of this mod are the animations, nice to make a movie, but not to play with. Especially the drag stuff, that will be more useful as a stand-alone-released addon.

I disagree. Sidestepping for one is interesting when you're firing on enemy.

Ah voices are cool but when one of ur mates is injured or even u, after 15 secs u'll pray for his death if there's no medic around to help him, because he will become really silly.

So if you had a hole in your arm, leg or some other place not fatal, you'd be nice a quiet? The moaning and groaning should create alarm so you do something about his injuries. Unless you like your teammates bleeding out.

...but firing a mag with a M9 takes an entire life?

Wow. You sure have a way with words. Do you get slapped around alot?

goodnight.gif

You should show a little respect the maker of addon. If you don't like it, at LEAST be polite about it's pro's and cons, or don't post at all.

icon_rolleyes.gif

shotsvu9.th.jpg

i can show u this, and maybe u can think about that i'm not that bad, and if u ask about me, around, maybe u'll find that i'm used to this game from the very beginning.. and that i use a lot of addons too.. i was really looking forward for this MOD for MONTHS, and i felt really bad when i saw how it works...

Maybe U don't know how real guns works in real life, and that this mod, represents all but that.

Just tell me how to take away the recoil in this mod and all is fine.. wink_o.gif

oh and the weaponsway..i'm not usually drunk when i embrace a gun... tounge2.gif

Just tell me how to take away the recoil in this mod and all is fine.. wink_o.gif

You could uninstall. That's always a good way to get rid of mods you don't like. Are you running at least the 1.11Beta? That should help. As stated many times in the thread, Solus will most likely look into the feedback contained in the thread.

As to your accomplishments and longevity in the game; well that's great. But that doesn't give anyone the right to be a jackass about stuff.

You could uninstall.

naaa, why that, the mod's looking good, just tune it! wink_o.gif

oh and no, i still use use 1.01 version..oh no better, i play the demo... rofl.gif

No need to tune it, for realisms sake I think its a great step forwards.

You could uninstall.

oh and no, i still use use 1.01 version..oh no better, i play the demo... rofl.gif

Man, you just need to forgot all about original arma, and learn to play realistic SLX version. Becouse it looks very real, when you loading Evolution, it looks like a war, not like a stupid bot kllings from Shilka or e.t.c

Guys, dont listen any bad comments, its from loosers. Many ppl enjoying your work!

All the Best from Ukraine!

CHeers!

You could uninstall.

Hi Darkfolle,

Thanks for joining the SLX mod, I've heard about your reputation and I'm so honored that you've given it a try! notworthy.gif

For this mod to work correct you DO need to play with at least 1.09 and prefered with 1.12.

For you to post in this thread it's best to;

1. Read the entire thread to find out if your problems have allready been mentioned.

2. Try and eleborate all the problems you have

3. Post in an adult way

Solus did his best on this mod and changed things to how he liked it. If you want to give feedback about these stuff try to do it in a way he would actually like to read it.

Oh and please stay constant with what you write, as now you say it looks good while before you only talke about this mod as if it sucked big time.

Greets,

Para

NOTE: There are some touches of sarcasm in this post

Recoil. good movies but 2 out of 3 are using bipod.. that really removes ALOT of recoil.

But anywho.

M9 seems underpowered, i have never been shot by one (luckely) but it feels somewhat weak.. just wondering.

Reload time. This is way to slow, even normal soldiers reload faster than that, is the long reload time that long to add stress to the game? [note, ive been a soldier we had C7A1 (m16 clone) so i know for sure how to reload a M16 type rifle and how fast it can be done]

Popuptargets. On a evo server i took some shots at the popup targets with 9mm and 5.56 and the rarely moved.. so i tryed in the editor to check.. same thing :S huh.gif whats going on with that?

TOW its FANTASTIC! biggrin_o.gif Cant think of any better way to put it, the handling is superb!

Wounded and moaning, yay.gif its a very nice addition to the game, under the geniva thing we gotta take care of the wounded, even the enemys and SLX adds this to the game. Very fun!

- side note, one of my ai ran off and dragged a wounded SLA trooper back, gave him first aid and then dragged him into a barn, very cool, but then things changed, as i went looking to see what he was doing my ai grabbed his knife and killed the SLA trooper :O scary shit biggrin_o.gif but still fun to see how wird the ai can be with SLX

Moving things like ammocrates and MG. again very nice, it adds even more logistics to the game witch is a nice and wellcome addition.

Recoil. hmm well its a hard one.. havent really decited if i like it or not.. so i guess its allright..

Wanted stuff:

5.56 SD mags could use a "SD" in the pic like the M9 sd mags got.

Moveable Sandbags so you can set up your own fortification (the small sandbag wall, not the big bunkers)

Fire extinguisher. .. theres knifes and showels added, why not a fire extinguisher to put out the engien fire (or ppl who cought fire)

Animation for pointing. Nothing fancy just a streched arm with a flat upright hand (not like a nazi salute, but flat like when applaucing)

Better server support. In a evolution mission on a didicated server running SLX im not able to take tracer mag from the crate thats dropped from the support menu.

goodnight.gif thats abt what i got to say..

Recoil. good movies but 2 out of 3 are using bipod.. that really removes ALOT of recoil.

But anywho.

M9 seems underpowered, i have never been shot by one (luckely) but it feels somewhat weak.. just wondering.

Reload time. This is way to slow, even normal soldiers reload faster than that, is the long reload time that long to add stress to the game? [note, ive been a soldier we had C7A1 (m16 clone) so i know for sure how to reload a M16 type rifle and how fast it can be done]

Popuptargets. On a evo server i took some shots at the popup targets with 9mm and 5.56 and the rarely moved.. so i tryed in the editor to check.. same thing :S huh.gif whats going on with that?

Wanted stuff:

5.56 SD mags could use a "SD" in the pic like the M9 sd mags got.

Moveable Sandbags so you can set up your own fortification (the small sandbag wall, not the big bunkers)

Fire extinguisher. .. theres knifes and showels added, why not a fire extinguisher to put out the engien fire (or ppl who cought fire)

Animation for pointing. Nothing fancy just a streched arm with a flat upright hand (not like a nazi salute, but flat like when applaucing)

Better server support. In a evolution mission on a didicated server running SLX im not able to take tracer mag from the crate thats dropped from the support menu.

goodnight.gif thats abt what i got to say..

The recoil comment is towards Darkfoils movies right?

M9 needs to be tweaked indeed smile_o.gif

Reload time, well I don't know if Solus did check for real time or adjust time to better looking animation. So please report this in the SLX Bugtracker and note how much faster it should be.

Pop-up targets, I'm not sure if they have changed or if it's the bullets, have to check it out.

SD in pic, should be noted in bug tracker, Solus probably missed this one

Moveable sandbags, I'm not sure how easy this is... as you have to drag them piece by piece and they have to stand somewhere allready or you have to create them at the spot.

Fire extinguisher, nice idea but a sort of weapon with "put out fire" option, sounds difficult

This animation should have been implemented in the mod but doesn't seem to work yet. There are some references to this animation in configs

Server support; It's said in the first post, this mod does not work optimal in MP

Yes it was.

I must be blind or something.. what bugtracker :S

Re sandbags. well either that you have the option as an engineer to "build" them or simply move them like the ammcrate.

yarh i did take notis of the MP thing, but it would be nice to see still wink_o.gif

ow and a wish thing. new animation for burying ppl smile_o.gif

but els inlove.gif mod very nice

oh this mod rocks arma to a new lvl notworthy.gif

But it takes too much power i think (smoke effects allready disabled)

In small battles are still good pistols.gif but 10vs10 troops a (10soldiers in troop) really go down the fps sad_o.gif

is this normal?huh.gifhuh.gif

Finally great work

notworthy.gif

Great mod, enjoying this a whole lot. I still have an image of me in a battle with the AI. I shot one guy and he falls to his knee's (i've seen this before and know they get back up after that) So I fired again real quick and hit him in the head and he fell over.

Watched trees and bushes catch fire, cool.

Another part that is totally worth it to have this Mod is the New Air AI. Holy crap, never thought I would see the day when the AI strafes ground troops with just a Seek and Destroy waypoint!! Still too bad that they get shot down to easy, but still its way ahead of vanilla.

Also, knowmore telling your troops to rearm, because now if they run out of ammo, they look for some more on own.

Also I have noticed the AI without any waypoints will occupy Empty vehicles on his own.

This is great stuff. Battle rock, and last a long time..

The only thing I am wondering and is not a totally big deal is that when you fire at someone you can see a little white circle form on the part of the body where he has been hit? Is this suppose to simulate some kind of blook or dust splatter?

Also the reload for the Anti Tank weapons are weird. Also, you can't kill an AI that is in the process of throwing a grenade it seems. I filled one guy with a whole clip when I saw that he was getting ready to throw one, and he did not die until he ended the animation, which means he still thew the nade at me. LOL.

Speaking of Grenades think your safe from a wounded guy not moving? Nope, had a few of them still able to throw a grenade from the wounded position. DOH. So now its kill on site. pistols.gif

Nice to see you had fun with it smile_o.gif

Also don't come to close to wounded enemy soldiers as they will also try to take a swing at you wink_o.gif

The reload is weird? You mean the put-down animation? It's to simulate you dropping one launcher and picking up another.

The kill when animated bug is one of arma's little gems sad_o.gif an animation needs to finish before switching to another.

@Teilx: well they do shoot and "think" more then vanilla AI so that might cause the FPS hit. I don't really notice it that much with 10 vs 10... with tracers and smoke not being on that is.

The SLX AI is still having problems taking out the tanks when using portable rockets like M134 and RPG! This is a very old issue which I brought up during beta testing. I thought this was fixed. Try any mission with tanks and RPG, the AI just can't do it cause it's such a peacnik.

oh uuups i put some addons in the wrong modfolder(in slx)

whistle.gifbanghead.gif my fault whistle.gif sry

Ouch! Noticed now that SLX incinerates bodies close to a rather large explosion. huh.gif

Ouch! Noticed now that SLX incinerates bodies close to a rather large explosion. huh.gif

Noted awhile back, whos for toast?