Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

To disable the heavy and unfriendly-CPU Smoke effects/Wind Effect and Tracers (In order to use SLX alongside with 3rd party Addons such as (SIX tracers or Madmatt Fx)):

1st Step:

- Unpbo 'slx_gl3'

- Open slx_gl3\f\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf

- Scroll down until you find 'SLX_ShotFX = 3;'

- Set it to 0

- Convert the folder to .pbo and overwrite the original slx_gl3

2nd Step:

- Unpbo 'SLX_vehicleEffects'

- Open the 'config.cpp'

- Delete the following lines:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers

{

class LandVehicle

{

SLX_VEHICLE_EFFECTS_INIT_LINE

};

class Air

{

// Start air effects on flying aircraft

SLX_VehicleEffects_Air_Wind="_this exec (SLX_VehicleEffects_Path+""s\SLX_Air_Wind.sqs"");";

};

class Ship

{

};

};

// Vehicle damage effects

class Extended_Dammaged_EventHandlers

{

#define SLX_VEHICLE_EFFECTS_DAMMAGED_LINE SLX_VehicleEffects_Dammaged="_this spawn {_this call SLX_VehDmg}";

class LandVehicle

{

SLX_VEHICLE_EFFECTS_DAMMAGED_LINE

};

class Air

{

};

class Ship

{

};

};

class Extended_Hit_EventHandlers

{

class Plane

{

SLX_VehicleEffects_Hit="[_this select 0,""random"",damage (_this select 0)] spawn {_this call SLX_VehDmg}";

};

};

class Extended_Killed_EventHandlers

{

class Air

{

// aircraft crash effects

// SLX_VehicleEffects_Air_Killed="[_this select 0,""DeadCheck"",damage (_this select 0)] exec (SLX_VehicleEffects_Path+""s\SLX_Dmg_Vehicle.sqs"")";

SLX_VehicleEffects_Air_Killed="[_this select 0,""DeadCheck"",damage (_this select 0)] spawn {_this call SLX_VehDmg}";

};

};

- Save and convert the folder to .pbo, then overwrite the original file.

Regards,

TB

Whats wrong I'm getting no fire effects anymore? sad_o.gif

I don't know if this is been mentioned allready (there is a few pages on this topic allready) Do you guys have any plans on adding some sort of aiming hellp to the mounted weapons, I don't really like to squeeze a compromising burst any more from the M2 between or above my troops, because without the crosshair I don't know if I'm gonna blow someones head before I get to actually get any rounds near the enemy, same goes for the grenade launchers.

I don't want them on personal weapons, but I think that there should be some sort of aiming for the mounted machinne guns and grenade launchers.

I don't know if this is been mentioned allready (there is a few pages on this topic allready) Do you guys have any plans on adding some sort of aiming hellp to the mounted weapons, I don't really like to squeeze a compromising burst any more from the M2 between or above my troops, because without the crosshair I don't know if I'm gonna blow someones head before I get to actually get any rounds near the enemy, same goes for the grenade launchers.

I don't want them on personal weapons, but I think that there should be some sort of aiming for the mounted machinne guns and grenade launchers.

seconded, also rifles like G36K have this high magnification on its sights, making it very hard to use it in CQC/CQB. still trying to register a BTS so i can bug track myself.

Love the features of this mod smile_o.gif

Any chance of releasing the drag animation and medic features as a stand alone mod?

Just one more thing. Would it be possible to make it so that AI can still drive a vehicle with flat tyres so that they can get out of a kill zone. rather than disembarking from the vehicle straight into an ambush.

Another funny thing. I lobbed a grenade at a civvy and the bugger lobbed it back. I couldnt stop laughing.

Quote[/b] ]Another funny thing. I lobbed a grenade at a civvy and the bugger lobbed it back. I couldnt stop laughing.

wow_o.gif

Had limited time to test this great Mod but like what I see so far.  notworthy.gif

Anyone having problems with this on a dedicated server ?

Have no capture/1st aid with enemy & can only drag dead enemy,friendlies work fine.

Can only drag ammo crate a few metres before being ejected.

I combined ECS, SLX, TrueMods with FROMZ sound pack,

just beautifull!!....TrueMods with AI true range works just fine.

I did not see MG tracers for mounted weapons thought..

AI is too accurate in knowing where your shooting them from,

they detect you too quickly and kill you right away..

I remember suppresive fire from the WGL+ SLX mod in OFP

can this be enabled on the SLX settings??

Quote[/b] ]How do I change stances (go prone/stand) with a launcher?

From crouching with a launcher, press sprint forward to stand, or sprint back to go prone. From standing, press sprint back to crouch. From prone, press evasive forward to go to crouch.

Yeeess.. but whats the key combo is "sprint back"?

crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I would love to see that you can load bodys and boxes in vehicles to give the great drag feature a real meaning. Than you could make missions where you have to get all your boys out!

Quote[/b] ]

Why don't you first try it

OK great you can do it!!!

But it still needs some tuning so you can really use it in an effective way.

I was trying to load 3 dead soldiers in a car but I could never get more than one inside. When you exit the car the loaded corpses will unload automaticly. I whish the option would pop up as soon the corpses are close to the vehicle.

Spy, how did you do it? I put to friendlies in the editor. Being one i shot the other in the legs and dragged him to a medic M113 and even a regular M113 and couldn't get the dragged person into the damn thing. banghead.gif

Hi Para,

GREAT MOD !!!! props to all

One thing however ...... PLEASE PLEASE tell me HOW to re-enable the aiming dot.

I know it sounds a poor excuse but this would probably stop me using SLX.

Thanks in advance

[TAO] Kremator

Anyone knows if the wound.pbo file would work in multiplayer? We are currently planning in our clan on implementing the wound system from SLX.

Otherwise great mod - looks awesome smile_o.gif

I've given this a try and am thoroughly impressed by how much more realistic the gameplay is, at least that part of it which depends on the wound system.

I don't know if my install, including all required addons (GRRR!wink_o.gif, was clean, as the .bat file told me it couldn't find some files.

I had a CTD during my last play.

I really just want a single extractable which includes everything I need for the SLX experience.

It would be nice if you had a greater variety of exclamations for wounded soldiers.

One of the disappointments, that has more to do with default ArmA, is that 100 meter engagements feel even MORE like 600 meter engagements, now.

A good rule of thumb is that even slightly stressed, even a poorly-trained PRONE U.S. soldier should be able to hit a 300 meter target 1 out of 10 times. 100 meters is almost point-blank range when prone. Most rounds land in the solar plexus area when fired at a 50 meter target.

I'm gonna play with it a lot more, but would appreciate a single extractable including all necessary files. I would like a bug-free install of something that I think I will be tinkering with an awful lot. : D

Oh, it seemed like the A.I. took forever to open fire on a close player target that was prone about 5:30 AM on Ramadi, given that lots of their fellows had already died.

Oh, and can't A.I. team-mates be programmed to stop the bleeding of their fellows? That's something learned in Basic Training. Then the medic could get to them, later.

I do have a complaint but first let me say that this mod is pretty incredible. It's like an entirely new game, the level of immersion is almost indescribable. Fantastic work.

My main problem is the aiming with sighted-in weapons. It feels like I'm moving my mouse threw molasses as I'm aiming. It's laggy, feels sloppy, and is slow. When when I do fire, the recoil is so bad that it's another 2-3 seconds until I can get a quality shot off.

This leads to 2 problems:

1) I die b/c it's taking forever to get the aiming reticle on target

2) I'm firing round after round that's missing, and my enemy is lying prone returning direct fire. Usually this ends in my death.

I understand there's recoil and it takes time to sight in....but I feel that it's been overkill here. The single player campaign is virtually unplayable b/c of the amount of time and effort to simply get one quality shot.

hmm my BTS account hasn't been approved yet so i'll just post what i think is a bug and things that i think need to be included here

1. M1A1 commander pop out problem whilst firing the M2 MG

2. Suppressed Firearms are (i think) highly underpowered, my squad in Sanitizing Mission are having lots of trouble trying to kill a UAZ gunner.

3. SABOT rounds should at least have a little splash damage, i suspect the damage area is extremely small, so small infact it's hard to register a hit for infantries.

4. The gib effect should also be applied(optional ofcourse) for HE damages(Such as M1A1 HE round, rare grenade explosions, etc), from what i can see and read so far the HE round of the M1A1 would NEVER be able to cause a unit to gib because the gib calculations are based on object velocity. i think logically an HE round should also be able to blow some unit apart.

5. the aiming reticule should be enable able, because high magnification assault rifles like the G36K are very difficult to use without this.

6. slugish infantry firearms aiming.

7. i don't know about the others but my M1A1's commander seat weapon and binoc view are also slugish, like it lacks sensitivity.

P.S. when you guys are talking about bug tracker you are talking about BTS right?

On the subject of the weapons being sluggish I think the heavy weapons such as the PKM and the M240 are suppose to be a little sluggish when aiming to simulate the wieght of it. Contrast to them, the M4 and ak74 are alot lighter and so they aim alot easier and faster.

This mod is awesome, thanks for releasing it wink_o.gif.

I think few thigs should be fixed though:

-The burning range and time. if you get even near the fire you die and that is not realistic. I know if you get too close to fire you will start burning but, now even 3 meters and you get hurt, and AI doenst care about the flames! they just run into them no matter what I do!

Othervise:

The animations are über good and the dragging is awesome!

I would like to know one thing, how is the AI coded with dragging, cuz I saw AI dragging another AI player. how are they coded?

I mean, if other AI gets critically hurt and cannot move, will some AI drag him to safe or was it just randomg retardness?

Thanks for the mod, its aweosme and makes arma 10 000 times better, of course, ArmA is ALLREADY good but this makes it something it has never been smile_o.gif

@Einsena:

sub 1) go into gl3 pbo and under settings disable the commander features;

sub 2-5-6) remove slx_weapons (and related configs)

@Einsena:

sub 1) go into gl3 pbo and under settings disable the commander features;

sub 2-5-6) remove slx_weapons (and related configs)

o thanks!

but sub 1) is already disabled by default right?

mine looks like this by default

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// Commander machine guns on tanks that the commander will turn out to fire.

//SLX_CommanderGun = ["DSHKM"];

enabling it (by removing "//") also does nothing for me.

haven't tried removing slx_modweapons yet, i'm still trying to figure out how to make an AI AV8 drop GBUs in the editor lol.

Quote[/b] ]Spy, how did you do it? I put to friendlies in the editor. Being one i shot the other in the legs and dragged him to a medic M113 and even a regular M113 and couldn't get the dragged person into the damn thing.

It took me some time to find out but the manual says:

"Dragging people and objects also works in vehicles. The driver needs to be able to see the action in the menu when getting in, or be looking in the direction of the action when getting in. Then when in the vehicle they can look in the direction of the person to see the action and use it to move the person into the vehicle. The vehicle needs an open seat to take someone."

It is working but it is hard to do and nearly impossible when you want to load several persons.

The binoculars seem to really screw up the AI. I have lost some AI team members due to this, because they simply kept looking through the binos at the enemy who was firing at them and they didn't even think of putting the binos down and trying to move away. They just freeze during a firefight with binos in hand looking at the enemy, getting shot and dying.

wow. This release is fantastic work thank you!

the suppressing fire is great and the AI much more reactive. love the slower movements for different weapons and a feeling this mod gives!

just 3 comments.

1. AI jumps around like Quake too much - strafeing is mad in combat. this is worst thing for me in a good mod. not combat mod but more like shooter arcade game.

2. AI can take a hell of a lot of damage - this needs to be tweaked because now it sometimes seems they are like terminators. headshots especialy (yeah i read about the graze effect, helmets but they'd be so dazed that they should be out of the fight anyway).

3. last comment is a small one but perhaps to let us try the dm smoke mod for excellent smoke (or is there a way to swap it)?

smile_o.gif brilliant work mate.

Yeah, I agree that the side-strafing the A.I. does is TOO FAST. Keep in mind that these soldiers have combat gear on, and 1 pound on the feet is like 10 pounds on the back.

Also, how about just plain SCREAMING by A.I. as a recurring reaction to their wounds? Obviously, the screams would need to be highly varied to keep from being annoying, but it would certainly add some stress to the situation.

Those of you who use ECS and MaddMatt's ArmaEffects with this mod, which do you recommend loading first in your shortcut? SLX or ECS? SLX or MaddMatt's?

Can anyone tell me how to get back my aiming dot on 1st and 3rd person view please ?

[TAO] Kremator