Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

Man, that AI is harsh... I just loaded up a test mission I had. While under fire from 6 OPFOR, this 50% skill DShKM gunner turned and one-shot me while I was prone in a bush through the rain after I'd shot at him from his side with a silenced weapon from 75m away. Huh!?

By the way, are all loading screens supposed to be blank? That's a little underwhelming if so, especially given the well produced screenshots SLX has. smile_o.gif

Hi

great Addon with BIG potential!!! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]For anyone interested, I've managed to do a complete isolation of the body dragging and body armor segments of SLX (cannot be separated further without shifting gameplay for the worse). Zero dependencies/loose ends, no errors. And no, slx_cloud is not needed.

I won't release it unless I have permission from Solus/paragraphic l, but I can walk anyone interested through the process for now.

im interested 2. smile_o.gif

Played the mod this evening and I think it is great!

I would love to see that you can load bodys and boxes in vehicles to give the great drag feature a real meaning. Than you could make missions where you have to get all your boys out!

I also agree that the smoke is not verry good (too blak and not fading out)

Well first off, let me say amazing work and bravo to the mod team! This adds for me an entire new level to ArmA. I especially love the new chopper crashing and damage as I fly allot. But one question I hope I didn't miss the answer to in this topic, how often do soldiers become injured? I haven't seen any injured when I play, just bleeding or dead. No weapon loss due to arm hits either. Any information on this world be great.

Keep up the amazing work!

-Hunter

My problem is with the smoke, it looks like a big red square.

Any solutions? I'm going to read the topic for a solution, but if you can post something, better.

There's a lot about this mod that I REALLY like, and a few I'm not keen on. As noted by others, the smoke needs massaging smile_o.gif all of it. In fact I'd like this addon much more if it were available in a version without particle config effects.

I love the injury and recovery functionality. (So does everyone else by the sounds of it wink_o.gif) and as I find more & more things about it I like it more and more.

Apart from the particle effects, obviously wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif but yeah, if there were an effects-free version that concentrated on the AI and the other functional improvements I think it would be much better suited to other addons. (No I don't just mean mine biggrin_o.gif I mean Maddmatt's too wink_o.gif)

Issue: I use Yomas Addon Synchronizer to launch my ArmA with all my mods in the order I want and when I do this, I am unable to drag dead/wounded people around, but if I launch from the bat file it works fine. Any issues with launching this way you guys can think of? Thx

Does the SLX mod work with NW Ballistics, CSM, Sigh Adjustment, Recoils and other fun made mods?

What should be use on the Shortcut Target for maximum effect.

Issue: I use Yomas Addon Synchronizer to launch my ArmA with all my mods in the order I want and when I do this, I am unable to drag dead/wounded people around, but if I launch from the bat file it works fine. Any issues with launching this way you guys can think of? Thx

Hi great mod...

I have the same issue currently i am puting SLX at the end of my -mod=@stuff list and i cant get a lot of functions like the draging but it works well when using the BAT file.

so many good things to do in this mod great work guys

There must be a conflict with another one of your mods. Check the arma.rpt file

[TAO] Kremator

SLX+ECS=Brilliant AI pistols.gif

this combination has surprised me once more lol! last time i played Sanitizing Operation Mission(my fav stock mission smile_o.gif ) my squad got butchered in a fierce fire fight at the town park. only me and another squadmate survived, Bravo Squad was having a problem of their own, being pinned down by snipers at rooftops(ECS mod). they manage to kill those bastards and are trying to regroup and storm the base!

meanwhile me and my squadmate patched our wounds and get ready for the final push to the enemy's base. unfortunately we were ambushed near the town's church on the way there(SLX, ECS). my squadmate got his head shot, he didn't even scream in pain(SLX mod) he just went limp and died, at least his death was quick and painless. confused_o.gif

me, i was not so lucky, i got shot in the ass and legs(i think), it all just went dark for a while, i was unable to move or do anything, only able to gaze helplessly to an AI enemy approaching me(SLX), death was in his eyes! my whole life pass in front of me, i thought well i lived my life to the fullest i have no regrets! time to move on and restart the GAME lol!

BUT WAIT! i was so sure that he'd shoot me then and there, but no! the enemy AI dragged me into a building and patched me up?! (ECS? SLX? GOD?). first i did think it was a bug, i was planning on being a bastard by getting up, pick up my weapon and shoot him(enemy AI) right between the eyes, but then i felt hesitant, i never felt that i need to repay an AI kindness before... huh.gif but my curiosity got the better of me, i then tried to pick up my weapons but were not able to, long story short(er) i viewed my char on 3rd person view and found out that i was a POW! i was an AI's bitch! God NO!

i then stood up and walk away, i was sure he'd fire at me(i was still quite sure it was a bug), but he didn't. i then experimented with the other enemy AI that's still breathing on the enemy's base, he didn't shoot either. guess they do recognize POWs wow_o.gif

it was nice, but to tell the truth i could've run because the enemy hardly reacts to me at all, Bravo Squad are also ignoring me(i guess they feel disgusted? sad_o.gif ). all in all SLX with other mods has given me SHOCK AND AWES these few days, thanks again for the mods guys! but if you can somehow add to this POW thing, it'd be EVEN GREATER, thanks again!

Please put up a tutorial on how you managed to get em to

work...

I cant...

well, i just did what the readme tells me to do to install this mod. i'd advise you to install the latest ArmA patch, then try to run pnly SLX mod first, if you still got an error message then it's prolly to hard for me to try and tell you how to fix it lol!

SLX works fine...Well kindof...Some features i dont like...

But the ECS is another story...In the thread the say there

are numerous bugs and flaws in the current version so im

not really eager to download it...

I am running the 1.12 Beta ArmA..

For anyone interested, I've managed to do a complete isolation of the body dragging and body armor segments of SLX (cannot be separated further without shifting gameplay for the worse). Zero dependencies/loose ends, no errors. And no, slx_cloud is not needed.

I won't release it unless I have permission from Solus/paragraphic l, but I can walk anyone interested through the process for now.

I would like to know more about this please,sent pm.

First to thank for this magnificent Mod. It has great potential. And sorry for my english.

Now the problems. The main and biggest problem is the smoke. The smoke of weapons, explosions, in general, the effects are really beautiful and very realistic, but generates so much smoke that low performance of the game, and surely give much Lag. And I will because we have not succeeded in connecting with the MP Mod gives "Connecting error."

Personally I think that should greatly reduce the use of smoke particles to make this work properly Mod. And above all to be used in MP, because it is the soul of Armed Assault.

Now list of failures:

-- You can not drag the bodies of the players in MP, although if the AI.

-- The safety of the weapon only works with the first shot, and some weapons does not work. Besides modify the movement of soldiers.

-- Some guns have a lot of dispersion, as the tanks and other armoured vehicles.

P.D: A big applause by the erratic flight of the rocket, is the most realistic I've seen so far, brilliant.

P.D2: When I read Javelin fully functional I drew a smile, thinking that the optical system used actual acquisition, but to prove there is nothing changed, the Javelin and was corrected by 1.09 or 1.11 correctly impacting on the target, which is not what they have changed. Also now you have the bug viewer that is blocking the view.

Quote[/b] ]Im not sure if its just my unintellegent mind or if its just a problem some ppl are getting but I downloaded the mod and installed it just the way you said too but I cant seem to get it running, I cant seem to drag anything in game and my AI are still stupid. little help pls

Are you using other mods?

Do you have @SLX at the end of your shortcut?

Make sure the Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo is in @SLX/Addons folder

Please also make sure you don't have other versions of XEH.pbo loaded with SLX, they may be causing the problem some features don't appear

Quote[/b] ]Please either use the Beta 1.12 standard ones or use some similar to what the Q-Recoils Addon does. Or soemthing between

AFAIK Solus did use the 1.12 values. Going to check this myself with vanilla ArmA (Haven't played vanilla since Solus started on the mod... January LAST year wink_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]btw im wondering, is there a way to disable drag action to opfor soldiers? its kind of funny when i move around at the battlefield and i get action drag bla bla dude away and its for enemy soldiers

As you can read on in a later post, you can capture enemies wink_o.gif

But before you can do this, you need to heal them, and most of the time this option only comes after you dragged him into safe position.

Quote[/b] ]Also is there someway to disable player from not being able to stand up when suppressed? I know it could be a life saver but sometimes imo it could mean death due to slow movement speed crawling on the ground when a bmp 2 shows up or something

I'm sorry but this is a feature, Solus has tweaked it so it only happens when under direct fire and you should be shaking in fear and drop to the ground.

Quote[/b] ]This mod still isnt running for me sad_o.gif

I havnt got vista, i dont want the extras.. Just wanna play SLX mod, please..

> Uninstall ArmA, Delete all the original Folders left/ Move them somewhere else

> Install ArmA

> Patch it up to 1.08 and add 1.12

> Drag the @SLX folder from the .rar into your ArmA directory

> Create a shortcut with -mod=beta;@SLX

If this doesn't work for you then I've no idea what is wrong.

Quote[/b] ]By the way, are all loading screens supposed to be blank? That's a little underwhelming if so, especially given the well produced screenshots SLX has.

First of all, thank you about the screenshots biggrin_o.gif

Second, you can remove the slx_loadingblank.pbo from you Addons folder. But it will not have any of mine screenshots

Quote[/b] ]

I would love to see that you can load bodys and boxes in vehicles to give the great drag feature a real meaning. Than you could make missions where you have to get all your boys out!

Why don't you first try it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well first off, let me say amazing work and bravo to the mod team! This adds for me an entire new level to ArmA. I especially love the new chopper crashing and damage as I fly allot. But one question I hope I didn't miss the answer to in this topic, how often do soldiers become injured? I haven't seen any injured when I play, just bleeding or dead. No weapon loss due to arm hits either. Any information on this world be great.

The credit is ALL for Solus smile_o.gif

Try shooting somewhere directly in the arm or even better in the hand, I'm sure you will see his weapon flying out of his hand.

For me, I see injured soldiers more often then dead or only bleeding. But it depends on the missions I've noticed. Some time my team is only bleeding and enemy all direct kills. And other times I hear screaming for medic from all over the place.

Quote[/b] ]My problem is with the smoke, it looks like a big red square.

You should only see this the first time the smoke texture is loaded, as ArmA does not allow this texture to be preloaded you will see this the first time it's beeing dropped. It should clear itself after a second or so, might take longer on slower systems.

Quote[/b] ] but yeah, if there were an effects-free version that concentrated on the AI and the other functional improvements I think it would be much better suited to other addons.

Let's see what Solus think about this when he comes back smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Issue: I use Yomas Addon Synchronizer to launch my ArmA with all my mods in the order I want and when I do this, I am unable to drag dead/wounded people around, but if I launch from the bat file it works fine. Any issues with launching this way you guys can think of? Thx

Yeah two actually, SLX not being loaded as last and you haveing an older XEH file in some of your other mod folders which override the latest SLX one.

Quote[/b] ]Does the SLX mod work with NW Ballistics, CSM, Sigh Adjustment, Recoils and other fun made mods?

NWBallistics, Check

CSM, Soundmod? Remove SLX_ModWeapons_Sounds.pbo, Check

Sight Adjustment, Take SightAdjustment_AutoInit.pbo from extra folder, Check

Recoils, not sure

Quote[/b] ]I have the same issue currently i am puting SLX at the end of my -mod=@stuff list and i cant get a lot of functions like the draging but it works well when using the BAT file.

Sounds like you add a mod in the shortcut which is not in the .bat and which collides with SLX, might be something with the Extended Event Handlers... check if you don't have it in any other mod and if you do check if it works if you replace those with the one in SLX mod.

Quote[/b] ]the enemy AI dragged me into a building and patched me up?! (ECS? SLX? GOD?).

SLX!

For the rest of your post, glad you've find another feature and have this great experience. There's a reason why Solus made ECS compatible wink_o.gif And uhm... just try and pick up a weapon, I'm sure you will get attention wink_o.gif

And if you are really that scared of being killed when enemy comes close, try ecuiping your knife and let him have it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Please put up a tutorial on how you managed to get em to

work...

> Uninstall ArmA, Delete all the original Folders left/ Move them somewhere else

> Install ArmA

> Patch it up to 1.08 and add 1.12

Quote[/b] ]

Always worked for me, had some great fun with a buddy and just having the drag feature, while being in a town thats under seige.

Quote[/b] ]-- The safety of the weapon only works with the first shot, and some weapons does not work. Besides modify the movement of soldiers.

Not so sure on what you mean here?

Quote[/b] ]-- Some guns have a lot of dispersion, as the tanks and other armoured vehicles.

Please report this in the bugtracker with a list of weapons you've seen this on. Bugtracker

Quote[/b] ]P.D2: When I read Javelin fully functional I drew a smile, thinking that the optical system used actual acquisition, but to prove there is nothing changed, the Javelin and was corrected by 1.09 or 1.11 correctly impacting on the target, which is not what they have changed. Also now you have the bug viewer that is blocking the view.

View still blocked when pressing V?

Now list of failures:

This worked fine for me. You can see it in the video at the end of the SLX Trailer. The injured soldier that was dragged was not Ai, it was a MP client. In turn, I dragged that MP client.

Strange. Might be a bug/inconsistency.

oh turns out that the enemy AI dragging me and patching me up is a documented feature of SLX! i just re read the readme and there it was! this mod has never cease to amaze me! although i've now disabled the slx_wounds.pbo.

because the AIs get so hard to kill with this on. usually it takes at most 6 bullets to kill an enemy, but with the body armor that slx_wounds.pbo gives, at avarage i use almost half a clip to take a guy down confused_o.gif (not counting lucky headshots, neck etc). could it be toned down a little please?

Thankyou smile_o.gif I had the addons in my addon dir lol...

smile_o.gif

Thankyou smile_o.gif I had the addons in my addon dir lol...

smile_o.gif

NEVER put unofficial addons in the addons folder of arma

Makes it to hard to find where a mod collides

Quote[/b] ]oh turns out that the enemy AI dragging me and patching me up is a documented feature of SLX! i just re read the readme and there it was! this mod has never cease to amaze me! although i've now disabled the slx_wounds.pbo.

because the AIs get so hard to kill with this on. usually it takes at most 6 bullets to kill an enemy, but with the body armor that slx_wounds.pbo gives, at avarage i use almost half a clip to take a guy down confused_o.gif (not counting lucky headshots, neck etc). could it be toned down a little please?

Silenced weapons make it harder to have quick kills, yet normal weapons should work better now than vanilla arma.

Finally, a excellent MOD. I have been holding off with all these "super" mods (ACE,etc...)

I used the mod in conjunction with the new Schmalfelden map and the HiFi sound mod. Things I noticed:

1. Smoke / dust. I could not see crap through the dust kicked up by tanks in front of me. My whole FOV was brown. Can you lighten up on the dust?

2. When running my character was bent in a L shape like the hunch back of Notre Dame.