Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

I've been announcing the release for a while now. The moment is finally there. biggrin_o.gif

NOTE: I'm releasing this on Solus his behalf. He was not able to release it him self at this point. He will also not be able to respond or help anyone at the moment.

logopublicrelease.jpg

Quote[/b] ]I can't work on SLX anymore, sorry. I'll try uploading what work I did a few months ago and maybe someone else can continue working on it. If someone can, please re release the current SLX version with the last SLX_Wounds, test it, and spread the word that it should be fully MP compatible and work with linux. The other new files are only partially completed with the aim of separating all main config stuff to separate addons and removing the main config entirely. If someone wants to, please continue polishing each addon in it's fully functional and separate form. Most of the addons should be independent and separate, SLX_Wounds, etc should be able to be used on their own, although some may require SLX_misc or other supporting addons.

I've uploaded all the files I was able to recover here:

http://hosted.filefront.com/SLXSolus/

SLX_Anims_c needs another addon to work: the arma anims.pbo extracted, the config in it removed or modified to remove all anim definitions (only leaving the cfgpatch part?) and then made into SLX_Anims.pbo. Make sure the file that makes the path in the pbo has "ca/anims" in it so that it replaces the anims.pbo in arma. Then the SLX animations should work standalone, without any other addons or the main config. Thanks to whoever suggested the path replacement thing.

######## DOWNLOAD #########

Mirror @ armed-assault.de  smile_o.gif

Mirror @ Armed Assault.info

Mirror @ ArmAholic.com

Mirror @ ePrison.de

Mirror @ Assault Mission Studio

Official SLX patch 1.01

Official SLX patch 1.02

Official Wounds.pbo update

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>zSLX little update v3 - 1.29 MB</span>

This download does not include Solus his SLX Vehicles add-on, you can find that one here:

BIS Forum tread

#### Smoke Fix by thunderbird84 ####

To disable the heavy and unfriendly-CPU Smoke effects/Wind Effect and Tracers (In order to use SLX alongside with 3rd party Addons such as (SIX tracers or Madmatt Fx)):

1st Step:

- Unpbo 'slx_gl3'

- Open slx_gl3\f\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf

- Scroll down until you find 'SLX_ShotFX = 3;'

- Set it to 0

- Convert the folder to .pbo and overwrite the original slx_gl3

2nd Step:

- Unpbo 'SLX_vehicleEffects'

- Open the 'config.cpp'

- Delete the following lines:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers

{

class LandVehicle

{

SLX_VEHICLE_EFFECTS_INIT_LINE

};

class Air

{

// Start air effects on flying aircraft

SLX_VehicleEffects_Air_Wind="_this exec (SLX_VehicleEffects_Path+""s\SLX_Air_Wind.sqs"");";

};

class Ship

{

};

};

// Vehicle damage effects

class Extended_Dammaged_EventHandlers

{

#define SLX_VEHICLE_EFFECTS_DAMMAGED_LINE SLX_VehicleEffects_Dammaged="_this spawn {_this call SLX_VehDmg}";

class LandVehicle

{

SLX_VEHICLE_EFFECTS_DAMMAGED_LINE

};

class Air

{

};

class Ship

{

};

};

class Extended_Hit_EventHandlers

{

class Plane

{

SLX_VehicleEffects_Hit="[_this select 0,""random"",damage (_this select 0)] spawn {_this call SLX_VehDmg}";

};

};

class Extended_Killed_EventHandlers

{

class Air

{

// aircraft crash effects

// SLX_VehicleEffects_Air_Killed="[_this select 0,""DeadCheck"",damage (_this select 0)] exec (SLX_VehicleEffects_Path+""s\SLX_Dmg_Vehicle.sqs"")";

SLX_VehicleEffects_Air_Killed="[_this select 0,""DeadCheck"",damage (_this select 0)] spawn {_this call SLX_VehDmg}";

};

};

- Save and convert the folder to .pbo, then overwrite the original file.

Regards,

TB

######### Installation #########

To install SLX Mod:

Copy the @SLX folder to your ArmA directory where your ARMA.exe is located. Then double click the "Start SLX.bat" file.

To install extra content:

Run the .bat files after extracting SLX to the ArmA folder. CA installer installs the Kegetys MP spectator script starter. Weapons installer installs SLX muzzle flashes.

To install updates:

Extract the update content on top of the existing content, then use the installer.

To edit the shortcut command line:

Find or make a shorcut to ArmA and right click it then select properties. Find the line that says "Target:" and has something like this:

"C:\ArmA\ARMA.EXE"

Then add -mod=@SLX on the end so it looks like this:

"C:\ArmA\ARMA.EXE" -mod=@SLX

Remember to keep the quotation marks in the same position. Then click apply and OK. You can also run other mods and disable the spash screen like this:

"C:\ArmA\ARMA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=@Addons;@SLX

Also remember that content in mods listed after the first mod will be used over the previous ones, so other installed replacement packs or configs cannot be used together.

Contact info:

You can contact me by PM on the Flashpoint1985.com forums as "Solus" or send e-mail to: md-k at pacbell dot net

Disclaimer and license:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. This is an unofficial addon, and is in no way connected with Bohemia Interactive or Codemasters. The maker of this software is not responsible for any harm that comes to anything resulting in the use of this software. All SLX releases are provided "as is" with no warranty or guarantee of support of any kind. All content in this addon made by SLX may be modified and used in any way with or without credit, except for parts that are under other licenses. SLX_ModWeapons is under the BIS models license. All content copyright by it's respective author(s).

######### Introduction #########

Here it is; SLX Mod for ArmA the public release.

This mod is made to enhance the gameplay, make the AI smarter, effects better and add's some new gameplay features as well. Solus has been working on this mod for over a year and before that he allready made some awesome stuff for OFP which is all used and enhanced for the release.

This mod is not made to enhance performance, but everything is as optimised as much as was possible.

This also is made for both SP as MP but is mostly tested in an SP  or LAN environment and as was shown with the SLX_Vehicles release, there might be some errors in that area.

Though it's called the public release, you might stumble upon some errors.

To write down everything that's added or changed is not possible, it's just to much!

Yet here is a small portion of the more important features:

Quote[/b] ]General Features:

Vehicles/units:

-Changed wounding

-Changed vehicle armor

-Stronger front armor on tanks, weak rear engine armor

-Extended fields of view

-Global Group Link 3 effects and SLX Wounds

-More dynamic AI skill settings

-No automatic explosion when vehicles are destroyed

-More AT weapons in ammo crates and vehicles

-Most armor uses CAVS Common Armor Value System settings: http://203.96.151.15/ofpnz/ofsi_cavs.htm

Animations:

-More and faster movement modes and smoother changes between them

-More aim shaking

-More stamina effects

-Separate rifle and MG reloading speeds

-Slower rifle, MG, and AT reloads

-Outstretched arm for grenade aiming

-Fast AT weapon to prone move

-Harder for AI's to see prone people

-Faster swimming with less stamina loss

-Crouched running

Weapons:

-Extended fields of view for basic sights

-Changed ballistics, weapons, and damage settings

-More recoil

-Ejected casing effect

-Pistol caliber casings

-Fast grenade throwing

-Fast disposable AT launcher reload

-Removed rifle crosshairs

-Removed rifle tracers

-Magazines loaded with tracer rounds for squad leaders

-Optional binocular and laser designator optics

-Working javelin launcher loaded model with fast reload

-Most AT weapons use CAVS Common Armor Value System settings

Particles:

-Many new and changed effects

-More affected by wind

-Explosion effects: fire/dust ball, dust skirt, smoke column, shock wave and dust

Clutter/grass:

-More affected by wind

-Customizable settings

Misc:

-Safety weapon action

-Removed reload icon

-More intuitive action priorities

-Working suppressive fire, player is affected as well

Along with many other small changes. Please read the change logs for more information.

Please read the readme files for more information on included addons/parts.

This means, battle's take longer. There will be more injured than died units. AI uses more tactics like suppressive fire, flanking and bounding overwatch. AI will not allways shoot at your direct position but will lay down some serious hell at your surroundings. And your entire ArmA experience will change.

The mod is made so it's compatible with most, if not all, other add-ons.

You should be able to play all the campaign and SP missions, aswell as the CWR and QG campaign wit the mod. Yet there might be an unbalanced or unforseen error in a mission here and there.

######### MEDIA #########

Check out ArmAVidz Amazing SLX trailer:

YouTube: <span style='font-family:Century Gothic'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#695e4a'>SLX Release Trailer</span></span></span>

Vimeo Hi-Res:<span style='font-family:Century Gothic'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#695e4a'>SLX Release Trailer</span></span></span>

Filefront Download:<a href="http://files.filefront.com/SLX+Public+Release+Trailer/;10093310;/fileinfo.html

" target="_blank"><span style='font-family:Century Gothic'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#695e4a'>SLX Release Trailer</span></span></span></a>

dragging.jpg

tracerandfire.jpg

commandshooting.jpg

leaderradio.jpg

suppressivesidestrave.jpg

FOR ADD-ON SITES: SLX Promo pack

######### KNOWN BUGS #########

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Please check the Start_SLX.bat shortcuts in notepad or such a text editor, as Solus has placed some other mods in the Start_SLX.bat file</span>

-MP Lag with any type of smoke

Quote[/b] ]NOTE: SLX is not compatible with dedicated servers yet. You will experience frequent desyncs, crashes, etc. LANs and client-hosted are okay [Para: I'm not sure if it's only dedicated servers who get this problem, so it might happen in any MP environment]

We are still waiting on Solus to fix the smoke/fire issue.

-All add-ons are signed, but if you install SLX_Ca.bat and SLX_Muzzle_Flashes.bat you get unsigned Ca.pbo and Weapon.pbo

please report any bugs or errors at the bugtracker NOTE: At the moment it's not possible to register so you need to post them as guest

Quote[/b] ]Before this gets asked, Solus has been kindly working on making his MOD ECS compatible.

- Open @SLX\Addons\Extra\

- Copy || slx_ecs_xeh.pbo || slx_ecs_xeh.pbo.SLX.bisign

- Paste them within @SLX\Addons\

Shortcut 2nd Part of Properties

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

...beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=DBE1;@addons;beta;@SLX;@ECS

Greets,

Para

PS: I hope I covered everything needed, this is first time I release anything. whistle.gif

Wow! Now this is what I call "getting slapped up side the head with a beautiful surprise."

I've been looking forward to this. Thanks guys! I'm definitely dropping all I am doing for the rest of the day and playing ArmA! thumbs-up.gif

EDIT:

Question?

What is this link supposed to go to?

It seems to lead nowhere.

Congrats on the release Para xmas_o.gif

Just wanted to drop by and say a good portion of the SLX features didn't make it into the video. SLX is a "must try" mod. biggrin_o.gif

Vidz pistols.gif

EDIT:

Question?

Thanks for the heads up, most have done something wrong there, will fix it smile_o.gif EDIT: ahhh... ww. is not the www.

And Vidz thanks for the awesome movie mate biggrin_o.gif

I'm so glad I got your help, you are really great to work with smile_o.gif

Wow! Now this is what I call "getting slapped up side the head with a beautiful surprise."

I've been looking forward to this. Thanks guys! I'm definitely dropping all I am doing for the rest of the day and playing ArmA! thumbs-up.gif

EDIT:

Question?

Try this

SLX Promo Pack

Missed a "w" out of the address.

Duca

I forgot to mention this download does not include SLX Vehicles add-on, you have to download that as an seperate add-on

@Mr. Burns: Mirror added, THANKS biggrin_o.gif

Before this gets asked, Solus has been kindly working on making his MOD ECS compatible.

- Open @SLX\Addons\Extra\

- Copy || slx_ecs_xeh.pbo || slx_ecs_xeh.pbo.SLX.bisign

- Paste them within @SLX\Addons\

Shortcut 2nd Part of Properties

...beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=DBE1;@addons;beta;@SLX;@ECS

Regards,

TB

Thank you, added to the first post

Aswell as that when you install the Muzzle Flashes and the SLX Ca update you will have two unsigned add-ons

NOTE: SLX is not compatible with dedicated servers yet. You will experience frequent desyncs, crashes, etc. LANs and client-hosted are okay.

We are still waiting on Solus to fix the smoke/fire issue.

It seems that this is made for 1.09. Is it possible that a 1.08 version will be released as well? Or did I look over it? And also, I use RH's weapon replacements and it seems that SLX over rides it. But none the less, this is an amazing release! Great job!

The current release is indeed made for the beta patches after 1.08

So I'm sorry but there is at this moment no way to deliver an 1.08 compatible version.

Make sure you have the mod folder with the RH's weapons loaded as last in your shortcut.

@Kiwis; thanks for reminding me, I will put it in the first post aswell... although the smoke problem is only not apparent in SP in all the MP games you will get enormous lag.

Ok i tried it now for quite some time and tried to test a bit around....

Very great, adds a lot of features and the new animations are awesome! So mainly its amazing and great and so the list of bugs or things i don't like seems to be bigger, but in fact the thing which are great and i do like is almost 95%

I think in certain aspects i see some missing things and not on all features we have the same level of quality...:

For example not all weapons have these great new muzzle-flashes/sparks or the m9Silenced is overall to slow animated (you can only fire every second).

Then not all Weapons have the new reload-animation in a quality like others.

Why is the GP25 auto reload?

Why do you see a "smoke-trail" at every fired shot (not on all weapons though - sniper m4 has it appearing farer away), this is as far as i'm aware of not realistic (i shot multiple weapons in my life, i also even shot the AR15 in the USA a couple of years ago, and i can't remember any smoke-trails at the bullets, still i know them from WW2 Air-Fight footages)

Then the Aimpoint-Dot i can see it outside of my M4 in around 270° of myself

But the biggest complain is that nearly all of the effects like smoke and explosions are such extremely big ressource-eaters whistle.gif Why not contact Maddmatt from ArmaEffects - i guess he can help you out with tips.

Through the effect of the FFAR Rockets, they seems to look bigger than the hellfire. Also their impact effect is way to overdone. In youtube you have a plenty of video to see how they behave normally.

Enemy AI is shooting with their Handguns/Rifles at me even when im sitting in my Tank.

The Tracers are sometimes to slow when they passing you.

Sometimes the Tracers seems to get generated inside my body before fired through the weapon

Sometimes the HE-Ammunition of the M1A1 seems to dissapear/no effect-no damage produced.

Why is the AT4 still reloadable and not disposable?

Where is the Grouplink3 you had in OFP times?

Other than that - simply amazing!

Best Regards, Christian

I'm a little confused about the installation. Is it better to use the SLX.bat or edit the target? I installed the additional two .bat's if it makes a difference.

Ok, I tried it and I'm having a major problem. After about five minutes of playing screen freezes for a second and I start getting major graphic glitches. I tried opening the mod both ways, but it hasn't helped.

Congratulation,

It's must be a great mod

Downloading...

Thanks a lot, mates!

Nice surprise..doubly so that it's compatible with ECS.

I have a strange occurance. All of the missions I've edited DAC v2.0 into seem to CTD and give the out of Memory error when using SLX. Anyone else having this error?

Great job guys! This is really, really nice! I can't wait until it's able to run on dedicated servers! This is going to make combat so much better.

One bug I did find. I started a mission as the SLX unit with the sword. I crouched and could not get back to the standing position nor did I see the sword. I tried cycling my weapons to get to it like with the knife but nothing came up.

Again, wonderful, wonferful mod!

Oh, one other thing, can I use a different sound mod with this? If so do I have to remove any files from the SLX mod or just place it after SLX in the target line?

EXAMPLE: -mod=@SLX;Sounds

Thanks,

Monty

As already stated, only major issue is the effects. Smoke\dust jitters when the player fires his weapon.

That said, the FFAR\Hellfire smoke trail effect is awesome, best yet.

Great work. Looking forward to giving this a proper play through with ECS running.

Also paragraphic l, is there any way to make the text on the targeting windows and chat boxes smaller? I was used to looking at Six Sense's small text and now it feels like I have the wrong screen resolution.

EDIT:

Also that tip you gave me about putting my weapon replacements at the end of my target line didn't seem to work.

About using this with ECS. Doesn't SLX and ECS pretty much do a lot of the same things? What kind of things would be enhanced when running both of them?