Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

This is a really great mod but i really need the aiming dots back for helicopters (ah6, uh60 ffar). I know how to get it back for rifles but i can't work out how to get the heli one back. Can anyone help please?

Dave, I've been looking for the same for weeks. I think i've found it in the config, i just ahven't gotten around to testing it out. I'll do so this weekend, and if successful, post here.

Has anyone else lost smoke from destroyed vehicles btw? Urals don't seem to burn anymore?

Great Mod.

How would i Be able to get my character or AI to stretch. Like in the ArmA Vidz movie?

I love the extended fire fights. yay.gif

I love this mod ive been playing scince it came out i currently cant play without slx unless im playing warfare. is there going to be an update within the next few months? i know that solus is not currently able to work on it but i would like to know if there will be an update anytime soon?

well I can almost say for certain that there will not be an update soon. I would like to tell you more but that is all I know and probably all Solus knows at this moment.

well I can almost say for certain that there will not be an update soon. I would like to tell you more but that is all I know and probably all Solus knows at this moment.

thanks for the news, although that's some bad news right there.

we will be(or at least i) will be waiting for another Solus release. if need be, i'd be glad to help in anyway possible. i'm not much of an ArmA modder, but i'm familiar with codes.

SLX is so amazing, that it causes repercussions that effects other unreleased mods, because they want to also utilize one or two modules of SLX. what's more amazing is that it's a 1 man job?! wow!

i hope the wait won't be as long as Duke Nukem Forever lol! speaking of DNF! 3D realms has just announced that DNF is actually 6 months away from release wow_o.gif

Hmm... have You noticed jumping cannons in MP? What can cause that? [ beside of not having SLX running on server, which is rather common issue wink_o.gif ]

Also Air_Wind script spawns many issues when piloting helicopters in MP and SP mode (at least for me), so I disabled it completely. For example the helicopter continously increases altitude, even when leaning on the side or beign topsy turvy.

Quote[/b] ]Posted by: froggyluv on May 04 2008,21:24

Congrats to Solus on this long-awaited release!

This guy has serious work-ethic when it comes to modding and the praise is well deserved  smile_o.gif

Thanks for all the beta-testing you've done mate!

Np it probably kept me out of the disappointed thread thru Arma's unpolished early days

tounge2.gif

Nice job on carrying the torch while Solus is out Paragraphic

Im loving this mod, but has anyone found a way yet to disable the smoke and red dust effects and if possible leave smoke trails on missiles without removing the bin and data folders.

thanks

I have reprted an issue to bug tracker...

I have installed SLX on linux 1.14 server.

Server is crashing when I try to drag wounded AI, or sometimes

just fter my shot to AI, if he is close enough (that should be wounded after that shot).

Can I request an temporary fix for this (just so our clan server can be accessible normally)?

THX

I have reprted an issue to bug tracker...

I have installed SLX on linux 1.14 server.

Server is crashing when I try to drag wounded AI, or sometimes

just fter my shot to AI, if he is close enough (that should be wounded after that shot).

Can I request an temporary fix for this (just so our clan server can be accessible normally)?

THX

Solus is not able to fix anything, the moment he can he will! Solus works fast but the problem is he is not able to work on SLX at all.

Hmm... I see.. So maybe I can take a look at that...

But there is really lot of scripts... It will be hard to find

what is responsible for the crashes (only on dedi server).

Someone had same problem? Maybe some other people from

SLX mod team can help me with finding that bug?

Thx

Sorry for double post...

I have found what is responsible for crashing dedicated server...

Server is crashing ALWAYS when SLX_WeaponHolder OR SLX_WeaponHolder2

"vehicle" is created...

So this is something to do with bad p3d model or config mistake...

Unfortunately, i'm not good with ArmA modelling...

So anyone pls, I can give all amterials and support yuu need..

Can someone check what is wrong with SLX_WeaponHolder and

SLX_WeaponHolder2 models and configs?

BTW: I have discovered that SLX_Wounds isn't MP friendly

(bleeding, first aid, bandage, captives), so I am working on it.

I have menaged currently to make bleeding, first aid and bandage

system working on MP, for all palyers and for AI...

I can fix this addon, so it will be fully working in MP, but I need

someone to help me with SLX_WeaponHolder and SLX_WeaponHolder2

models - find what s wrog with them - they are crashing dedicated server

when trying to create those "vehicles"...

Thx

PS. Maybe someone from SLX Mod dev team can help me with

those models?

I've noticed something weird.

In MP on a non-dedi host, if you try and drag another player, it'll start dragging and then immedietley stop dragging. Now if you kill the person you were trying to drag, he will have a peremenent free-look activated. Even if he holds alt or presses *, his freelook will be on all the time and he will have to rejoin (or restart).

Anyone seen this?

Sorry for double post...

I have found what is responsible for crashing dedicated server...

Server is crashing ALWAYS when SLX_WeaponHolder OR SLX_WeaponHolder2

"vehicle" is created...

So this is something to do with bad p3d model or config mistake...

Unfortunately, i'm not good with ArmA modelling...

So anyone pls, I can give all amterials and support yuu need..

Can someone check what is wrong with SLX_WeaponHolder and

SLX_WeaponHolder2 models and configs?

BTW: I have discovered that SLX_Wounds isn't MP friendly

(bleeding, first aid, bandage, captives), so I am working on it.

I have menaged currently to make bleeding, first aid and bandage

system working on MP, for all palyers and for AI...

I can fix this addon, so it will be fully working in MP, but I need

someone to help me with SLX_WeaponHolder and SLX_WeaponHolder2

models - find what s wrog with them - they are crashing dedicated server

when trying to create those "vehicles"...

Thx

PS. Maybe someone from SLX Mod dev team can help me with

those models?

Can't wait for it, I'm playing MP in 1.14 with kinda overhauled SLX Mod 1.0 but didn't touched Wounds at all...

BTW "Dragging Wounded" vehicle seem to suffer badly from swimming, once I got killed when trying to drag troop from the sea shore to the beach.

I just got an idea for SLX_Wounds gibs - while player character is undeletable, could the object "Decapitated Head" become his new vehicle when passed "dismemberment conditions"?

Mr Groch,

Thanks for the work you are doing at the moment smile_o.gif

It's great to hear someone picked up the mod and is trying to fix it smile_o.gif

For help from the dev team you have to understand that almost all work was done by Solus.

But there is a bit of good news:

Quote[/b] ]I've started a job as the manager of an apartment building. I seem to be almost situated in my new apartment and job so I might have a little time to work on a few minor bug fixes sometime.

-Solus

So let's see what the future brings us and what Solus can do in the time he has when he gets working on the bugs and such smile_o.gif

Ive encountered the strangest problem today I put all of my addons on with slx and I could run it but I wasnt able to use my rifle all I could do was throw grenades and smoke grenades has that happend to anyone else?

Big thanks to Paragraphic and everyone who has helped with SLX! biggrin_o.gif

And thanks to everyone who has reported bugs! I will try to test and see if I can reproduce and fix some of them, but it will be more difficult for some since I only have one computer now and no router. If anyone finds any more bugs or has more information on bugs please post on the bug tracker: http://slx.ahaportal.com

I will try to continue separating SLX mod into individual addons that can be disabled or configured but it might take time and be difficult. Some parts are already able to work independently and I will try releasing them separately. Eventually all core config changes should be moved into addons.

I will also try to add full Join-In-Progress MP compatibility with addPublicVariableEventhandler. SLX Mod was tested and developed to be at least MP compatible in non-JIP games on a dedicated server since that was all that could be tested for.

Also I need an email account for the bug tracker to enable new logins and bug email updates. If anyone can provide an email account that can send mail through POP3 or SMTP or something please email me at Solus.SLX at gmail.com. Thank you!

Ive encountered the strangest problem today I put all of my addons on with slx and I could run it but I wasnt able to use my rifle all I could do was throw grenades and smoke grenades has that happend to anyone else?

It has happened to many of us in some form or another, at some point in time, with different combinations.

It sounds like one of the AddOns is not compatible with SLX, or with one of the other AddOn. You will have to eliminate all of the AddOn until your firearms appear. Then which ever one is the cause, go to it's thread and post your issue. After the post, actually before would be preferable, do a "print this topic" search for "SLX" or/and "conflict" and/or "incompatibility" and/or "rifles disapear". Chances are either the author of the conflicting AddOn has already been notified or possibly provide a fix in the thread.

There used to be a few AddOns that cause rifles to disappear but most have been fixed.

List which AddOns/Mods you were using and I can probably tell you which one is causing your problems. I use just about every AddOn that works with SLX since I literally DL every one and I never play with out SLX anymore.

Does anyone have the problem of not being able to target tanks, trucks, shilkas etc with hellfires until you are right on top of them. The cobra is pretty much unuseable for me atm.

Well manzilla all I know is that I have almost every addon on armaholic and going through to find the one thats cuasing problems would take hours but I will do it becuase SLX is to awsome not to use

I think the not being able to use the rifle or shoot is from SLX_Melee, sometimes the AIs try to target and "shoot at" you with a knife or something but ArmA messes up somehow and makes you unable to shoot. From what I've seen it's very rare, and killing the AI that is trying to attack you makes you able to shoot again.