Sign in to follow this  
Sigma-6

Sigma Six Vehicle Pack

It's probably worth pointing out that the Sahrani Life people do have permissions. . . as for doing a model.cfg. . . is this really that important? These are not very complex addons. . . Am I neglecting something that I should be looking into? I mean. . . I'm an artist. . . not a programmer. wink_o.gif

Cameron already mentioned the only issue I encountered so far using CfgSkeletons and CfgModels in the config.cpp.

But the biggest pro for a model.cfg including the animations, gives you the option to check the animations using the buldozer, before checking it ingame.

That is the only cause, why I am using model.cfg and it might also be useful for you to check damper animations etc.

wooooooow i wish my vehicles would be reworked by You biggrin_o.gif

Sigma, you have my total respect for those superlooking cars

sad that you are not inetersted in european cars smile_o.gif

apparently you can cause trouble with other addons due to overwriting BIS' base skeleton classes.

Well that may be true, if addon makers skeleton definition is not done correctly. ie you re-use BIS names and/or don't inherit correctly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a separate model.cfg and I do it with my addons, but I seek clarification from anyone who makes a statement that I feel is misleading to the (learning) addon-maker community.

@Sigma-6

Not essential, but its actual dead easy;

- Take the whole CFGModel and CFGSkeleton definition from the CPP and place it in a model.cfg file .... done.

As modEmMaik mentions, it allows you to test/control animations in O2 Viewer with the mouse scroll-wheel.

BTW, lovely 'art' as usual mate biggrin_o.gif

Hi, that Charger it's really really pimp, but with the Sigma 6 sign

on the doors... reminds me to the Trans Am that Jello Biafra talks

about in this song with the Dead Kennedys:

Live in 1984 in S.F. a good song & that looks like a good addon. Let's C ya

Haha. . .  the Sigma-6 sign on the doors is in place of the 'Dodge City Police' badge on the prototype car, because I'm using an adapted version of Dodge's livery from that vehicle, which sort of looks like a generic cop car.  I thought it was clever. . .  

If you didn't like that, you'll hate what the police motto is on the rear quarter; it's the one from the South Park Police. . .  'to patronize and annoy'.  (I was toying with using the one from Transformers; 'to punish and enslave', but I figured that might be going a bit too far. . .  wink_o.gif

Maybe I'll run a contest, for people to create the best liveries.  The prize could be to have their liveries in the pack. . .  I'd really like to see, for example, a Michigan State Police slicktop or bubble-top. . .  (I have the bubble I used on the tow-truck, after all, and the side-stop would take about 20 minutes to pull off. . .)

By the way, this addon will not have any bells and whistles--literally--but it will come with red and yellow civvie versions.  They're implemented already, and I think they look pretty good.  smile_o.gif

As for a release date, my policy is the same as it ever was: no release dates.

Hi, i don't really have any problem with what motto or badge that

Charger comes from, it looks already good; but with that Sigma-6

sign there it made me think that it'll come with some football team

goons inside armed with beisball batts & some CS spray, don't take

me wrong man, it's just what i though "the fratboyz are 'ere to beat

someone reel bad", with their tom cruise haircuts and their hollywood's

smiles spitting dollars when they talk; just that. But the car looks

really good, as almost every Charger. Let's C ya

*EDIT: I love South Park btfw...

Haha. . .  the Sigma-6 sign on the doors is in place of the 'Dodge City Police' badge on the prototype car, because I'm using an adapted version of Dodge's livery from that vehicle, which sort of looks like a generic cop car.  I thought it was clever. . .  

If you didn't like that, you'll hate what the police motto is on the rear quarter; it's the one from the South Park Police. . .  'to patronize and annoy'.  (I was toying with using the one from Transformers; 'to punish and enslave', but I figured that might be going a bit too far. . .  wink_o.gif

Maybe I'll run a contest, for people to create the best liveries.  The prize could be to have their liveries in the pack. . .  I'd really like to see, for example, a Michigan State Police slicktop or bubble-top. . .  (I have the bubble I used on the tow-truck, after all, and the side-stop would take about 20 minutes to pull off. . .)

By the way, this addon will not have any bells and whistles--literally--but it will come with red and yellow civvie versions.  They're implemented already, and I think they look pretty good.  smile_o.gif

As for a release date, my policy is the same as it ever was: no release dates.

"to patronize and annoy" fits to Sahrani Life as well as the "to punish and enslave".

btw... have you read your pms and msn recently? I have tried to contact you in every way i could possibly think of. No answer, and suddenly i see you alive ( thank god ).

Your vehicles are very good, but a bit too large. As a user of your addons i must say the size of the addons makes the server lag a second or two when the vehicle is beeing placed on the map. Beeing to detailed and big in ( file ) size one of the two flaws in your addons. The second is the config, or at least not customized config. wink_o.gif

Hey Enforcer; your criticisms are seen and understood, but of course, when we're hobbyists, we have to settle for what we're given. I'd do a lot more LOD work, and reduce filesize, but after all, it's just me (and sometimes Gnat) doing this, and I'm also a full-time University student. As they are, they're absolutely the way I wanted them to be. For me, they are about their appearance, and I make them available because I'd like to think others might like to enjoy them.

If you would like to have something, perhaps, more suitable to your tastes, feel free to reduce the main bitmaps (which are 2048x2048) to 1024x1024, and maybe do some more LODs yourself. I would not object.

Your vehicles are very good, but a bit too large. As a user of your addons i must say the size of the addons makes the server lag a second or two when the vehicle is beeing placed on the map. Beeing to detailed and big in ( file ) size one of the two flaws in your addons. The second is the config, or at least not customized config.   wink_o.gif

What Sigma-6 said ... and when you get it for free ..... !

Also there is a perfectly good command provided by BIS to avoid the problem you speak of, but no one uses it.

Its called;

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>preloadObject</span>

Hi Sigma,

I've noticed that Your addons (at least the ones avaiable in Sahrani Life 1.6 pack) were overwritting Landrover base class with Car... I hope that it has been fixed already, but just in case - here's config prefix correct for most of Your addons:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches {

class xxx {

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredAddons[] = {"CAWheeled"};

requiredVersion = 1.0;

};

};

(...)

class CfgVehicles {

class Landrover_Closed; // External class reference

class LandRover : Landrover_Closed {

class AnimationSources; // External class reference

};

class xxx : LandRover {

or

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches {

class xxx {

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredAddons[] = {"CAWheeled"};

requiredVersion = 1.0;

};

};

(...)

class CfgVehicles {

class Car; // External class reference

class LandRover_Closed : Car {

class AnimationSources; // External class reference

};

class xxx : LandRover_Closed {

Gnat @ Dec. 11 2008,01:25)]
Your vehicles are very good, but a bit too large. As a user of your addons i must say the size of the addons makes the server lag a second or two when the vehicle is beeing placed on the map. Beeing to detailed and big in ( file ) size one of the two flaws in your addons. The second is the config, or at least not customized config.   wink_o.gif

What Sigma-6 said ... and when you get it for free ..... !

Also there is a perfectly good command provided by BIS to avoid the problem you speak of, but no one uses it.

Its called;

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>preloadObject</span>

Binarizing models could actually fix the problem, so the game won't bother itself processing MLODs on-the-fly. It can take several seconds. I'm not into actual version, correctIf (models in actual release are still MLODs)

EDIT: BTW is the preloadObject working at all? I never tried it, maybe this could help me a bit smile_o.gif