Sign in to follow this  
Sigma-6

Sigma Six Vehicle Pack

Sorry. . . I haven't been doing anything game-related due to university. But now the term is over!

Yeah, of course, go right ahead!

Wow. that charger really does look great, Sig. Nice work.

Abs

Thanks, Abs. . . I only wish I had the time to do some textures and stuff for ONS again, these days. I keep seeing the updates and kicking myself. sad_o.gif

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:Darkred'>Isolda - Freighter</span></span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:Darkblue'>by Sigma-6</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>the lost merchantman</span></span>

Isolda.jpg

Missing from the last update from Sigma-6

And therefore lost by some Fan-sites who host the addons.

Found in editor under CIVILIAN --> SHIPS

DOWNLOAD

Filefront - 1MB

search tags - Civilian ship merchant navy cargo vessel Isolda Freighter Bulk Carrier

Thanks, Abs. . .  I only wish I had the time to do some textures and stuff for ONS again, these days.  I keep seeing the updates and kicking myself.  sad_o.gif

Not a problem man. I've been to university, and know what you're going through. If you ever have time, I'm sure we'll still be here.

Abs

Hi, have just downloaded the Isolda (absolutely brilliant by the way) and have found a slight problem. When I attempt to use the ship under AI control it remains static, despite me having driven the ship myself. Just wondering if there is anyway around the problem.

Thanks Josh : )

The biggest problem for me is not the fact that the AI don't drive it (and that it barely moves if a human player drive it) but that it goes flying off when it is hit by a bomb or missile. This is a problem my mod has as well with our ships. If we find a solution, we'll let ya know Sigma. Gnat might have some idea how to fix that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sigma that Charger looks tits! What lightbar you plan on using?

but that it goes flying off when it is hit by a bomb or missile.  This is a problem my mod has as well with our ships.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=76;t=63554;st=135

Quote[/b] ]TIP FOR BOMBS AND MISSILES

Addon makers make sure when you make bomb and missile 3d models, that you give the GEO lod some weight (in kgs) but DO NOT STRUCTURE -> TOPOLOGY -> FIND COMPONENTS

. ie defining "Component01", "Component02" etc in O2

The "Find Components" option in O2 typically makes it so other objects are able to impact the geometry LOD, and vice versa. The problem is this means when a 100kg object doing 900km/h hits another static object, ArmA has a habit of making the static object fly off !! especially ships.

It also avoids problems like dropping bombs from a plane and having them "bump" into the plane itself.

Anyhow, a lesson learnt from me, that probably a few in the community already knew.

Thanks a million Gnat. I take it that if the missile/bomb has all those components that I just delete those?

I'll try that anyways and see if that works. That would be wonderful to finally put that bug to bed as then I can make some true naval battle missions...and the custom-made bombs on my mod's aircraft's then won't cause Sigma6's freighter to go flying hopefully.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I was going to use a Whelen Liberty Six,

http://www.phildorsett.com/images/whelenlibertysx.jpg

But then I decided to opt for something that evoked the small modern lightbars without actually being one of them.

By the way, I don't really intend to do any more work on that ship, so anyone who wants to, go right ahead, as long as, if you make any changes to the model or textures, you let me see it before it's released. . . smile_o.gif

The lightbar is already done. I went with 'generic'.

Here's an ingame shot. 2005 Dodge Charger Police Cruiser.

chrgr05.jpg

Great Job as always!!

But, this time please please please, skeleton stuff in a model.cfg and not in the config.cpp/bin tounge2.gif

You break BIS tree with that for other addons, aswell is binarizing a pain in the ass then (i binarized and "fixed" all your cars from pack1 and put it into Sahrani-Life:Reloaded).

But, this time please please please, skeleton stuff in a model.cfg and not in the config.cpp/bin tounge2.gif

huh? why does it even matter ? ... except you getting a chance to say you "fixed" someone else addons ! (with permissions ? )

better performance

and you can do whatever you want with anyone's stuff in private.

better performance

and you can do whatever you want with anyone's stuff in private.

BBBZZZZZTTT .... no

He said;

Quote[/b] ]skeleton stuff in a model.cfg and not in the config.cpp/bin

You CAN binarize an addon either way, so I don't understand why he said what he said, expect to make a spectical.

while I am not expert, my knowledge is that if you have

class models and class skeleton in model.cfg the binarize process

will merge the information in the p3d.

having a cpp to bin binarized (with or without class models and

class skeleton) is sth different.

or are we talking about two different things Gnat?

If you have the skeleton defined in the config, apparently you can cause trouble with other addons due to overwriting BIS' base skeleton classes. I know this is the case for unit models, so I suppose it also may apply to vehicles.