Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Scripted Objective System

Small update. Now includes the option to use Rommel's suppression script. Also, a possible MP bug was fixed.

This is the first public release of the Scripted Objective System (SOS). What is SOS? From the readme:

Quote[/b] ]SOS is a set of scripts for mission makers.

Using SOS, adding various objectives to a mission is largely "plug and play", with little to no scripting required. SOS can be used to quickly and easily add complexity and variety to editor missions. It can also be used to make more elaborate missions.

One aim of SOS is to make it easy to quickly build platoon or larger scale missions with rudimentary enemy AI. Using SOS, it should be possible to quickly make large-scale missions that are fairly unpredictable.

SOS uses CoC's CEX for unit control, Chops' Y.A.A.A for artillery, Mandoble's Air Support Console, Kronzky's Urban Patrol Script and Rommel's suppression script (optional).

Though I have tried to make the code MP friendly, SOS has not been tested in MP and is primarily intended for SP.

Easily build large, complex missions without worrying about scripting. The system will automatically calculate victory conditions and force the mission to end when these conditions are met. The download contains 7 example missions.

Objective types include:

- Capture location

- Hold location for X minutes

- Take location before X minutes pass

- Destroy group

- Protect group

- Bring convoy to destination

- Score by kills

All of these can be combined in one mission, it's up to the mission maker. New groups and objectives can be spawned in-mission and the victory conditions will automatically update.

Latest version

> Download SOS beta 0.11 < (~592KB)

Mirrors (Thanks guys):

ArmAholic

Armed Assault Info

ePrison.de

Required addons:

CoC Command Engine X

Chops' Y.A.A.A.

Excuse the low-quality screenshots.

sos1.jpg

sos2.jpg

sos3.jpg

sos4.jpg

Good stuff tacrod smile_o.gif

can you please post in the ACE forum too. wink_o.gif

Jesus Tacrod!!! This is almost identical to what I was wishing for just last weekend. I've been learning the ins and outs of mission making/editing for the past few months now, but scripting sometimes deters me from making more complex missions.

I can't say thank you enough! biggrin_o.gif I'm stunned this came along, especially so quickly since just last Sunday I was wondering if something like this could/would be made. You damn near completely fulfilled be wishes. .... And I didn't even have to post a request. thumbs-up.gif

BTW, thank you for adding CEX into the mix. IMHO, it's way under utilized by mission makers. The first thing I do after DL'ing a newly released mission is add CEX. ArmA is a completely different game when CEX is in the picture. Hopefully this will help make CEX more prevalent in community-made missions and campaigns.

One question though? Is this compatible with DACv2.0?

@ Q:

OK, I will do so shortly smile_o.gif

@Manzilla:

Heh, I hope SOS lives up to your wishes smile_o.gif. I'm not sure if it's compatible with DAC, I haven't tried them together. However, DAC's group reduction my cause SOS to think that a unit has been destroyed when it has just been "stored". I think this can be avoided by disabling DAC's group reduction.

Also note that SOS uses basic AI scripts such as "TakeObjectives" to tell enemy units what to do. DAC's default behaviour will probably conflict with that too. In this case it's up to the mission maker to know what the AI in each system is capable of.

Basically, using DAC units as enemies won't conflict with SOS, but they won't capture locations unless they stumble across them by accident.

I enjoyed this very much! Good work Tacrod! notworthy.gif

This is ideal for testing out new unit addons, rather than just fucking about with them for 2 minutes in the editor. You can just change a few lines in the scripts and you're ready to go. Nice one!

Glad you like it Chops. One of the goals of SOS is to make it easy to do just that.

Has anyone else tried this? I'd appreciate any feedback.

I like the idea, however I dislike the fact that it's primarily designed for SP.

What works for MP should basicly work for SP too. The other way around is a problem smile_o.gif

Anyway, you gave me some really nice ideas with this cool project smile_o.gif

@ Sickboy

I coded it to be MP-friendly, but it hasn't been tested in MP. I *THINK* it should work, but I won't know until someone has tried it. As far as I understand, CEX and Mandoble's Air Support Console should be fine, but the arty may not work.

Once again, feedback from anyone is more than welcome.

@ Verde13

SOS should work OK with DAC, but you need to disable unit reduction (see the DAC docs for how to do this). If you don't disable unit reduction, SOS will count "stored" units as killed and mess up the scoring. But used in a mission side-by-side, DAC and SOS should not interfere with each other.

Could this work with DAC ?

I don't see any reason why this can't work along side DAC but you wouldn't want to have DAC created units controlled by SOS or SOS created units controlled by DAC.

So, in other words, you can use the two side by side but not mix them together.