Sign in to follow this  
EricM

MI 24 : Who wants it ?

what's the weapon layout of this bird going to be?

it looks in the Sshots to be something like:

2 rocketpods + 30mm cannon + fuel tank + 4xAT6.

sounds wierd. personally i'd prefer the ol' OFP layout (8xAT6 spiral + 2 rocketpods) to make it on-par with western heli layouts.

or is there something super-special planned for it?

Quote[/b] ]what's the weapon layout of this bird going to be?

it looks in the Sshots to be something like:

2 rocketpods + 30mm cannon + fuel tank + 4xAT6.

What you're seeing is not the final layout, it's a demo model with various available options.

There are actually other options that you can't see on those pics, such as heat dissipators, flare launchers and other missiles.

It's up to the RockofSL to decide the final versions, depending on what he can implement.

Quote[/b] ]LOL! DOH.  I thought it was "my" build because the doors are open! Must be the RHS Hind. Oh well its been a long day

I think "long day" might be an understatement.  wink_o.gif  It is indeed a re-skinned version of the RHS-Hind I made with permission for the Bush War Mod's upcoming mini-mod teaser. Lots more goodies in the pipeline.  thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]LOL! DOH.  I thought it was "my" build because the doors are open! Must be the RHS Hind. Oh well its been a long day

I think "long day" might be an understatement.  wink_o.gif  It is indeed a re-skinned version of the RHS-Hind I made with permission for the Bush War Mod's upcoming mini-mod teaser. Lots more goodies in the pipeline.  thumbs-up.gif

Well I've only had 3 hours sleep inthe last 30 and I've got a long night ahead of me tonight. I'm allowed to make some mistakes... aren't I? rofl.gif

Beautiful mate!! smile_o.gif

What about the landing gear? will it be animated?

after several attempts to find and fix the burst error on the RHS hind, ive now given up with that and eagearly await this mother of all beautys,

Guest RKSL-Rock

Depending on who you are asking the question of...assuming its Me/EricM i've animated everything i could that moves. The gear, doors etc all done.

nice LOL RockofSL biggrin_o.gif

BTW If u can , can u send me your version , only for test maybe for some pics too , if no NP i will wait again  tounge2.gif

Depending on who you are asking the question of...assuming its Me/EricM i've animated everything i could that moves. The gear, doors etc all done.

Great mate smile_o.gif It looks beautiful wink_o.gif

Eric and Rock, your work has amazed me.. looks fantastic.

Also excelent job on those skins Robert they also look fantastic.

Hopefully there will be manual retractable gear not the lame automatic speed/height mode?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hopefully there will be manual retractable gear not the lame automatic speed/height mode?

Nope, you are stuck with the "the lame automatic speed/height mode".  Why?  Because the AI can use it everytime without fail.

You should be grateful for what you get.

Yup. That would drive me insane having to manually put down the landing gear everytime, plus the majority of the time, most players use these gunships with AI or for transporting their squad in a mission with an AI pilot.

I imagine that in real life, the Mi-24 may have some type of warning for pilots to lower landing gear (based on radar altimeter readings) as many of those pilots are probably more familiar with the fixed landing gear on the Mi-8/17 and likely forget from time to time to lower the gear otherwise.

At any rate, don't worry Rocko, we're definitely grateful to all those who are working on this addon and to the original creator.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nice to see RKSL in on this one ! I'm sure this will turn out better than awesome !

Does anyone know if someone is working on the Mi-28 ?

That's a question not a request.

I see, if the AI is the major factor with that that must remain. We just don't like the "arcade factor" in games that are trying to be mil-sims wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
I see, if the AI is the major factor with that that must remain. We just don't like the "arcade factor" in games that are trying to be mil-sims wink_o.gif

Dont get me wrong i would love to make "100% no compromise simulations".  But, and you know this is true,  someone would not want to use it in the manner i intended and complain.  I could make the Hind "realistic" to use but that would mean that the people that want to fight against it wouldn't be able to use it without us having to develop and test some pretty heavy scripts to switch functions on and off for player/AI modes.  Which then opens up the issue of performance which then brings up other issues and so on...

So, here's my method and philosophy.  I make stuff simple and effective that has a minimal negative performance hit.  Its fun to fly (not too easy mind you) but human or Ai can use it effectively.

The more complex stuff can be bolted on later, if someone wants to do it. But right now all I want to do is give EricM and the rest of the community an addon that performs well, flies as 'realistically' as i can make it and is fun to use... or be killed by.  tounge2.gif

Hello again guys , some news about skins ,but 1st thing thx guys for comments smile_o.gif

e1up6.th.jpge2ik0.th.jpge3cr1.th.jpge4ur6.th.jpg

On these pics u see nearly done Eagle Hind skin (used by Hungary Air Force; btw big thx to Sebastian Hecker for eagle sample),

only just small tweaks to do and wip Syrian skin (i know today my pics are crappy biggrin_o.gif)

One thing guys some people can't recognize RHS Hind and EricM's Hind , u can easy recognize RHS Hind by unrealistic main rotor tounge2.gif

Robert....you actually DID IT! haha your crazy man, in a great way...goodjob! thumbs-up.gif

Nicely. I was just curious (slash couldn't find what I was looking for in the earlier pages) - was a P version made with the side mounted GSHk30 cannons? I don't mind if not, I'm just curious - such things can always be done by someone else, si necessaire.

THX again guys wink_o.gif

BTW if u wanted some other camo to do , send here a request for a skin + some pic of it smile_o.gif

@Roberthammer : Very Nice. I see you took it as a personal challenge !

BTW : thanks for the glass rvmat !

Quote[/b] ]Yes there is:

Ta mate, my quick flick obviously missed that.

Quote[/b] ]BTW if u wanted some other camo to do , send here a request for a skin + some pic of it

I don't have a picture, but as long as you do a modern Russian camouflage scheme I'd be happy. smile_o.gif